6.

don't write for me ~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

All Big Hit’s employees were at the New Year Eve’s party, on the last floor of the building where it was held. Yerim spent most of the evening next to Hoseok who couldn’t stop complimenting her because of her sequin dress: « It reminds me your Peek-A-Boo era so much. »

 

She spent the evening with Hoseok, Seokjin, and Taehyung who were holding a Gayo, Nam Joon was talking with investors and Jungkook… She didn’t know where he was.

 

She almost shouted when Taehyung sent her a selfie of him and Sooyoung. It began to be more and more apparent something was happening between them. Since their dinner, her friend couldn’t stop sending texts about the BTS member. 

 

« You see they are friendly to each other » She turned her head and saw Jungkook, grinning and right next to her.

 

Since their meeting a few days ago, she didn’t hear of the BTS maknae, but she knew, something happened between them.

 

She didn’t want to accept it, and mostly she didn’t want to acknowledge the fact that he would also feel something.

 

« Yeah, she couldn’t stop talking about him since that night. The thing is he wasn’t her bias in the group when we were rookie. » She stated with a smirk.

 

« Who wasn’t her bias, and who are you talking about? » Asked Hoseok who arrived between them, champaign in his hands. 

 

« You don’t want to know hyung. It would break your heart » continued Jungkook. His eyes didn’t leave Yerim.

 

« Are you talking about a Red Velvet member? Oh, you totally are! Tell me Yerim, please! » He pleaded, trying to do an aegyo.

 

« We were talking about Park Sooyoung. And if you really want to know, her favorite member was Seokjin-oppa. »

 

Hoseok mimicked a crying and put himself against the wall. 

 

~ ~ ~

 

 

The room became dark without notice. She heard Hoseok’s laugh on her right but couldn’t see it. The wall against her back was cold, and she felt stupid not bringing something to warm up. 

 

A bright red countdown appeared on one of the screens. It didn’t light anything in the room. Yerim began to feel a little low on air because of the person on her left. 

 

If she couldn’t see him, she felt him: his lean body next to her, his perfume which she couldn’t forget, and his hand, so close to her… 

 

She decided to be brave and to grab it. 

 

But when she finally lied close to him, he grabbed it and interlaced their fingers. This time, not only her cheeks became hot but her body. She felt like burning inside and didn’t know how to cool off. He got closer to her, and she could almost felt his nose caressing her cheek. 

 

« You’re so damn beautiful Kim Yerim. » He murmured with a husky voice.

 

When five seconds were left, he let go her hand and moved in front of her: she was against the wall, his body closer than ever. 

 

FIVE 

 

« I have a lot of things to tell you »

 

FOUR

 

« Like what? » 

 

THREE

 

« Like I really want to kiss you right now »

 

TWO 

 

« OK »

 

ONE 

 

« Good »

 

And in an instant, she accepted the consequence of what he would do.

 

He leaned in close to her until their noses were touching. His hands were on her waist, and even if the room was still dark for a fraction of a second, she could felt his eyes on her face

 

« Happy New Year Kim Yerim.»

 

She excepted to feel his lips on her, but he just kissed her cheek very quickly. 

 

Jungkook pulled back in a second when the lights came back. She glanced in Hoseok’s direction, but he wasn’t there anymore. They were alone against this wall, the guests being at the center of the room. 

 

« I don’t want to do this when so many people are around us. » 

 

Yerim didn’t think, she extracted herself and almost run from the reception room. 

 

~ ~ ~

 

Alone on the rooftop, she thought this year was just a dream: quitting her former company and signed to another, working with a devil, taking a drink with her former crush, she had a lot. Yerim just needed some air to think. She didn’t know why nobody why on the rooftop. The weather was nice  (maybe a bit freezing but she drank a little), and some people would probably take a smoke at the moment. 

 

The Seoul’s view was lovely. It wasn’t probably the best adjective to describe it, more beautiful or breathtaking but at the moment, it was nice and peaceful. 

 

Even if she tried to block the only element she didn’t want to think about: they almost kissed.

 

Her phone rang, and Sooyoung’ name appeared.

 

« Happy New Year unnie, how was your evening ? » she was still staring at the Seoul’s skyline.

 

« It was really nice even if I just had to appear for like ten minutes. I wanted to go home, but Taehyung asked me if I wanted to join you and the other. So… »

 

« Kim Yerim, we are here in five minutes » screamed a deep voice behind Sooyoung.

 

« And as Taehyung just said, we’ll be there in five minutes. So don’t leave Yeriminnie. »

 

She started going back to the reception room and hoped not to cross path with Jungkook. She couldn’t bear talking to him at the moment. She needed a lot of champagne if she had to confront him. So she took her time.

 

Taehyung, Seokjin, and Sooyoung appeared at the main door a few seconds later. Yerim ran to her friend and hugged the oldest without saying anything. 

 

« I have to talk to you » she murmured in her ear.

 

She took Sooyoung’s hand and walked her to the nearest bathroom. After checking if nobody was inside, she began

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter