EPILOGUE

X-Po2k10: Finale

(Beatrice’s Point of View)

“Let’s have lunch,” MJ knocked on my office’s door to alarm me that it’s lunch time.

“I’ll be there,” I said and was about to turn off the television inside my office.

Five years had passed after I left the concert. I graduated on time and I’m working in my parents’ company. Things changed but I’m happy. I’m still waiting for him, waiting for us to be together again.

The intro of “Disturbance” played and then I saw Taemin on a music video. The song that I sang on the concert. The song that I asked permission to sing from BoA unni.

I didn’t know that little by little, I’m starting to smile unknowingly.

(MJ’s Point of View)

As we’re about to leave and Beatrice was about to turn off the television, a song played. As I turned around, a music video showed up all of a sudden and I saw Taemin. I looked at Beatrice and she couldn’t seem to take off her eyes from the television as she watched it.

She still loves him…

Then I saw her smiling all of a sudden and I realized what that smile was about.

“He hasn’t changed,” Beatrice spoke all of a sudden.

“He still looks young,” I said.

(Beatrice’s Point of View)

I wondered how he could cry like that? Did he felt the pain? Did he know that the song was somehow connected to both of us?

“So, can we go now?” MJ asked as soon as the music video was finished.

“Yes,” I answered as I turned off the television and went out of my office and closed the door.

MJ and I ate our lunch as we talked about something.

“I want you to come with me to a celebration party,” he opened up.

“You want me to be your date?” I asked and he nodded.

“Famous people will be there. Every CEO and businessmen will be there as well,” MJ said as he tried to please me.

There’s something with the way he looked at me. His eyes…it’s smiling…

“Fine. Just for one night,” I said and sip my coffee.

“Thanks,” he smiled at me.

(Taemin’s Point of View)

“Taemin-ah,” BoA noona called me all of a sudden.

“Waeyo noona?” I asked.

“Come,” she said and we sat somewhere we could talk alone.

The music video was done filming and we’re about to go home.

“Waeyo?” I repeated my question.

“Kibeoni eoteoseyo?” noona asked.

“Gwenchanayo noona, waeyo?” I asked again.

“Ameu tto aniya. It’s just, your tears during the filming of the music video are somehow real!” noona said. “Is the song somehow related to you?”

“Well, to be honest noona, yes. The song isn’t just related to me but to the relationship I had with Beatrice,” I answered.

“Have you heard this song before?” she asked.

“Nae, Erica sang it during the concert of X-Po2k10,” I said.

“Keureso?” she said and I nodded. “Well, that was the time that she asked my permission to sing the song. It was just composed at that time but I didn’t know that she would get the tone so easily.”

“Well noona, Erica-ssi is unpredictable when it comes to those things,” I smiled.

That’s because she’s Beatrice.

“So how are you and Bea?” noona asked.

“I’m still waiting for her,” I smiled.

“Will you two meet again?” noona asked.

“Molla,” I sighed. “If time permits us to meet again.”

(Beatrice’s Point of View)

 “Hello?” I said as I picked up the call.

“Bea dear, did MJ talk to you?” my father asked and I looked at MJ.

“Yes dad, why?” I asked.

“Nothing. I was just hoping that you’ll agree to MJ’s favor,” he said.

“I actually did,” I replied.

“Sir the meeting is on,” I heard a girl’s voice on the other line.

“I have to go. I’ll give you the other details through MJ,” he said then hung up.

“We should get going now,” I said.

“Ok,” MJ said and we went back to the company.

“Miss McGowell, the manager was looking for you,” my assistant said.

“I’ll be right there,” I smiled as she went towards me.

I left MJ and went to the manager’s office. As I reached my destination, I knocked three times before opening the door.

“Sir, are you here?” I asked as I peak in.

“Yes, you can come in,” the manager said.

I let myself come in to his office and stood in front of his desk.

“You’re taking your leave for next week,’ the manager said as he faced me while still sitting on his chair.

“What? But I didn’t…”

“Someone came in here earlier and gave me a letter for your leave. It said that it’s important so I’ll give you my permission for your leave next week,” he said as he showed me the letter. “Besides, you’re the daughter of this company.”

It struck me for a moment.

Did MJ do this? Did he come for that? But what for?

“Also you can take your day off for this day. You can go now,” the manager added.

“Thank you sir,” I said as I came back to my senses.

I went home early and lay my body on the couch.

“It’s so good to take some rest,” I said to myself.

Geu eoduun georireul honja geotdeon naege♫ my phone started and saw my sister’s name on the screen.

“What is it?” I asked lazily.

“Are you sick or something?” she asked after I answered her call.

“Nope…I just want to take some rest,” I said as I was kind of falling asleep.

“Tell dad I can’t go to the celebration party. I have a tour on that day,” my sister said.

“Fine,’ I said.

“Also tell him my congratulations and my greetings ok?” my sister utter.

“Ok bye,” I said and hang up.

As I stood up from the couch, the door bell rang so I went to the door to open it. When John was almost near the door as I am, I smiled at him as he looked at me.

“I’ll get it,” I said to John and he bowed.

As I opened the door, Rhiyou surprised me as she was already on my doorstep.

“What are you doing here?” I asked her.

“I missed you,” Rhiyou spoke as she walked inside.

“It’s Saturday right?” she asked.

“Yes why?” I asked.

“So you’re not working on Sundays?” Rhiyou asked.

“No I’m not,” I made a questionable look.

“So it’s settled then?” Rhiyou turned cheerfully.

“Settle what?” I asked as I looked at her.

“The celebration party will be next week. We’ll be going to Korea the day after tomorrow,” Rhiyou said.

“The day after tomorrow?! But I have work,” I said as I complained.

“I already explained everything to the manager since you’re the daughter and executive of the RC. So you don’t have to worry,” Rhiyou said.

“You’re on this too?” I asked her and she nodded politely. “Well, our family companies are merging. That’s why we’re part of this and there are three families to be exact.”

“Three? Whose family is the other one?” I asked but she just shrugged for an I Don’t Know Answer. “Ok? What’s going on?”

I asked her but she just looked away.

“Nothing, why?” Rhiyou answered. “Did you think that I’m planning something?”

“Well yeah… I just thought…”

“It’s just a gathering Bea,” Rhiyou said easing my doubts. “Besides, nothing is gonna happen. We’ll have fun there,”

Rhiyou said enthusiastically.

“Well, you’re right,” I said as I set aside my doubts.

“You have to pack your clothes that you’re going to use for the one week trip,” Rhiyou said.

“I’ll just take a bath ok?” I said and she nodded.

(Rhiyou’s Point of View)

This is so hard when my brother’s not here. I don’t even know what to do. What if she caught me that I’m lying? What if the plan didn’t work very well? I am so dead!

I called my brother while Beatrice was taking a bath.

“Is it done?” I asked as he picked up his phone?

“Yes and it’s settled,” he answered.

“But who did you talk to?” I asked.

“You know who it was,” my brother said. “All I have to do is make her happy.”

“And I know that we’re doing the right thing,” I smiled.

(MJ’s Point of View)

“I'm hanging up,” I said.

“Ok,” Rhiyou said and I turned off the call.

Although I still love her, I have to let her go and let her be happy together with the one she truly loved.

“So what’s your plan?” Sakura asked.

She went home here in the Philippines after the concert of X-Po2k10 was done.

“Making her and Taemin be together again,” I smiled.

“But you still love her,” Sakura said and I nodded a little.

“I like her ever since we were little,” I confessed. “Being apart from her hurt me a lot but I knew that we’ll see each other. After that, I told to myself that I’ll make her fall in love with me and do everything to make her mine. But it became too late.”

“But she became yours didn’t she?” Sakura asked.

“For a short period of time, yes!” I said. “But I broke her heart.”

“It’s not your fault because you weren’t aware that Annabelle would do that to you,” Sakura said.

“I know but it’s still too late,” I said. “But seeing her happy makes me happy as well. Maybe the right girl for me will come at the right time.”

“It would be better if you give it a try,” Sakura cheered me up.

(Beatrice’s Point of View)

We arrived in Korea the day that Rhiyou told me. I was with her together with MJ. Mom and dad left before we arrived. I didn’t go home to our house instead; I stayed at McCain’s residence.

(MJ’s Point of View)

Rhiyou led her to one of the guest’s rooms, I put her bag there as Rhiyou entertained her.

“Are you comfortable her or you want to transfer to other rooms?” Rhiyou asked Beatrice.

“I’ll be fine here,” Beatrice replied calmly and gentle.

I secretly smiled since she’s back to the Beatrice I once known.

“Why are you smiling?” Rhiyou asked weirdly.

“Nothing,” I said as I laughed.

“That seems nothing at all,” Rhiyou interrupted my happy thoughts.

Beatrice walked around the room. She’s gentle and graceful as she touched the furniture in the room.

“If you need anything, just call us ok?” Rhiyou said and she started pushing me away from the guest room.

“Hey! What was that for?” I asked my little sister.

“It would be better if we leave her alone for a while,” she replied as she gazed at the closed door.

(Beatrice’s Point of View)

I felt my bed room in their guest’s room. This must be the master’s guest room. The bed was as comfy like mine, the size of the room is exactly like mine and it also has a balcony.

I opened the windows that looked like a door and went towards the balcony. As I looked up, stars were visible and it made me smile.

“It’s beautiful isn’t it?” as I looked at my side, I saw MJ.

(MJ’s Point of View)

I peaked in to the guest’s room and saw Beatrice at the balcony. I quietly walked in and looked on her gentle face.

“It’s beautiful isn’t it?” I said as I looked up.

Beatrice was startled when she saw me but she smiled after.

“You didn’t hear me coming do you?” I asked then she smiled.

She looked at the stars again and fell into silence.

“I just missed someone who was always beside me when I look up,” she said.

“I missed you,” I murmured.

Beatrice hummed as she asked and looked at me.

“I still like you,” I said.

“MJ…”

“But I chose to be friends with you more,” I didn’t let her finished her sentence.

“Well, being friends is better,” she said as she savored the nature of blowing air.

“Seeing you back to your old self, is enough for me,” I said and smiled at her.

I came closer to her and hugged her from the back.

“Let me savor this last night with you,” I said before she could react.

“I like that,” she said as she initiated to tighten my grip to her waist. “I surely love it.”

(Beatrice’s Point of View)

Tears were starting to form in my eyes. I held MJ’s arms and wrap it around my waist even tighter.

“Just let it out. Everything’s gonna be fine,” he said as his right cheek touched my left cheek.

I turned around to face him while his hands were locked on my waist. I hugged him tight and started crying on his shoulders.

“I’m so sorry,” I whispered to him while my lips were buried on his shoulder.

“You don’t have to because I already moved on,” he said. “And I should be the one to say sorry. I never meant to hurt you.”

Everything was becoming easier for me. Yes, I already moved on and started a new life.

(MJ’s Point of View)

“Why are you in Bea’s room?” Rhiyou asked as I closed the door in front of me.

“I just wanted to spend this last night with her,” I said straight.

“Could it be…?”

“No, I wanted her to be happy,” I cut Rhiyou’s sentence before she got the wrong idea.

Morning came. We were done eating our food so we went out for a while.

“So where are we heading now?” Beatrice asked.

“You’ll see” I answered as I held her hand.

We took a taxi and head to another airport. We bought a plane ticket there going to Jeju Island. Beatrice was startled and made a questionable reaction. As she turned her gaze to me, I simply smiled and grabbed her hand again.

“Jeju Island?” she asked and I nodded.

(Beatrice’s Point of View)

We arrived in our main destination. I was the one who organized the party and the one who monitored everything as well as the reception, food, decoration and many things. It took me four days to organize it all. The next day, the main event came.

I was wearing a casual dress and there were many people that were present which I didn’t know.

“Beatrice!” MJ called out as I walked in to the main reception, the lobby of a big hotel in Jeju Island.

He came towards me and asked for my hand. I let him took me anywhere he wanted so I put my hand on his hand.

He introduced me to the other CEO and businessmen he knew. My parents were also present. They raised their glasses as they saw me. It’s a sign of saying thank you since the reception was really grand and perfect.

(Athena’s Point of View)

We came to Jeju Island for a big celebration for the merging of a business.

“Athena!” a familiar voice said and I looked around.

“Who’s that?” I asked myself.

Minho pointed his hand and I saw Rhiyou unni coming towards us.

“Wish heart,” Jonghyun greeted her as he kissed her on the cheek…

So sweet…

“It’s good to see you,” Rhiyou unni said as she hugged me.

“You too unni,” I replied as I smiled. “Why are you here?”

“You don’t know do you?” she asked as she made a questionable expression.

I looked around and shook my head.

“We’re here to meet the other family that we’ll be negotiating with a business,” Rhiyou unni said.

“We?” I asked.

“Ne…We… the McGowell and McCain…we don’t know the other family’s name,” Rhiyou unni explained.

“Then…” I asked if she got my point already.

“Yes, she’s here,” unni got my point very well.

“Nugu?” Minho asked.

“Beatrice,” Rhiyou answered.

We all turned our gazes to Taemin who was dumbfounded and couldn’t even speak as she heard unni’s name.

“Where is she?” Key umma asked.

“I don’t know. Maybe she’s with my brother right now,” Rhiyou unni guessed.

I turned my gaze to Taemin once more. He looked worried and having doubts.

“Gwenchana Taemin-ah?” I asked as I touched his arm.

“I don’t know if I can do this,” he said and a mellow song started playing.

“May I have this dance?” Minho asked as he placed his hand in front of me, for me to grab it.

“I love to,” I said with gentleness and placed my hand on his.

We left the four boys and Rhiyou unni. Minho and I danced and I was happy to be with him again.

(Third Person’s Point of View)

Minho and Athena danced. Jonghyun also asked Rhiyou to dance and she also agreed. Kibum and Onew went to sit somewhere and Taemin was alone standing.

MJ took Beatrice somewhere. Everything was in plan and Beatrice was the only one who didn’t know it. MJ took out his phone and called Taemin.

Taemin walked around the area where he was left alone. The song was almost done when he saw MJ and Beatrice somewhere around the same area.

MJ stopped from walking as they reached the dance floor. Beatrice looked around and many people were dancing. She caught Athena and Minho dancing as well and she was glad to see them both together.

“Did you bring me here just to see them?” Beatrice asked as she pointed her finger to Athena and Minho who was dancing and in love.

“Nope,” MJ held both of her hands and she was shocked by the action he did.

Their eyes met and MJ was smiling to her. Something was definitely going on. Beatrice didn’t notice Taemin was coming from her back.

“It’s time for you to forgive him,” Beatrice knew who MJ was talking about.

“I already did,” she said as almost tears formed into her eyes.

MJ let go of Beatrice and moved one step backward. Taemin heard everything she said.

“Then it’s time for you to let go of the past and start a new one with him once again,” MJ said as Taemin and Beatrice met.

“Hi,” Taemin said as MJ left them both.

“Taemin-ah,” Beatrice said.

(Taemin’s Point of View)

“Hi,” I said as I met Beatrice once again.

“Taemin-ah,” she spoke my name with a gentle voice.

“May I have this dance?” I asked and she didn’t resist.

As she put her arms to my shoulders, she avoided my gaze and looked down.

“Bogo shippeoso,” I said as I leaned my head closer to hers.

Her arms were forming around my neck as she tried to come closer as well.

“Nado, bogo shippeoso,” she confessed.

I hugged her tight since I missed everything about us then a song played, our song from the Sherlock album, Keeping Love Again.

(Third Person’s Point of View)

Beatrice and Athena were shocked when they heard Onew sing. Minho and Taemin looked at them. Rhiyou was giggling and Jonghyun was happy. Then all of them sang the song together as well as their solos.

Minho’s eyes were locked onto Athena’s who was currently blushing already. Taemin’s eyes were locked on Beatrice. Beatrice was smiling as tears were almost formed in her eyes.

All five of them were currently happy singing the song. It was heart warming when they sang it for their loved ones.

“Kokorono mamani oh I love you,” Taemin sang as he looked at Beatrice and cupped her left cheek.

A smile evolved on his face and tears fall from Beatrice’s cheeks. It’s been a long time since she suffered from avoiding the man he loved most.

It was a new beginning for both of them to be in love again. Happiness with no regrets and no more sufferings for no heart will no longer be alone and cold.

“Kokorono mamani oh I love you,” Minho sang to Athena.

Athena bit her own lips to stop herself from smiling because of Onew's sweet voice when he sang. He always got the sweetest voice ever. But what's the sweetest right now? She thought that she’ll be keeping the feeling again with Minho. And she knows now what it was, it was love.

Beatrice hugged Taemin since she couldn’t bare it anymore. The love she had for him was never gone. Even though she tried to moved on and let him go, she couldn’t.

“Ima Keeping Love Again moichido Again, and Keeping Love Again hitasurani,” Onew sang as the love was in the party.

Key was also singing his part.

“It’s so good to be back where we used to be,” Rhiyou said as she hugged Jonghyun deeper.

“I know and I’m thankful,” Jonghyun said.

Taemin moved his head forward and aimed for Beatrice’s lips. His soft pink lips landed on hers. A tear came out from her eyes as their lips departed.

Minho did the same thing to Athena and so as to Rhiyou and Jonghyun. In that night, three couples were happy. No one was hurt, the love was all over the place and now, it was time for a new start…

They were happy to find out that Athena’s family, the Cunningham was the third family to join them in merging the business.