CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: RELIEF

X-Po2k10: Finale

(MJ’s Point of View)

“You’ll get marry in a month,” my mother said while looking at the papers on her desk.

“No mom. I can't,” I said.

“Why not?” she looked at me with a worried expression.

“Because even though I love her, I can’t make her happy,” I sighed as I answer.

“It takes time MJ,” she went back to what she was doing.

“I can't,” I said. “She loves someone else.”

My mother gave me a shocked expression written all over her face when I said that Beatrice loved someone else. I don’t want to lie or hid the truth from them. I can't also bear to see Beatrice sad if our marriage continued and I can't see myself getting tortured by this one-sided love of mine over her.

“That’s why our marriage should be stopped as early as it could,” I added.

“So you’re gonna let her go that easily?” my mother asked with a concerned expression.

“For love yes,” I smiled. “But our friendship will still remain.”

“Then I’ll call your father and her parents for a meeting,” my mother smiled.

“Thanks mom,” I hugged her from the back and kissed her crown.

We were having our conversation inside my office at the Russell Corporation.

(Beatrice’s Point of View)

The concert went on even though I already left.

“Where are we going agassi?” the driver asked.

“Airport,” I answered.

Everybody was watching the concert. Even the people who couldn’t buy the tickets since it was sold out were still watching. They used tablets, televisions and their phones to watch the concert since it was live and streaming.

The performance after mine and Taemin were Athena’s and Minho’s “The Reason” and it was followed by Taemin who showed on stage and gave a short speech. I was watching the concert using my phone inside the car. In a few minutes, John was waiting for me in the airport and we went back home.

The intro of “U” from the series “To The Beautiful You OST” played but only instrumental.

“You, the one I love. You left me twice but I still love you. I’m sorry for hurting you. Wherever and whenever you are, even though you left me right after our performance, I’ll and always will love you. I’ll wait for you no matter how long it takes,” Taemin said. “This song is for you, Snowflake.”

The song started playing.

Neoreul johahandaneun geu mareul

Chama hal su eobseosseo…” Taemin started singing.

Taemin sang the song while looking at the audience. The camera was shooting from left to right slowly and will revolve soon. He’s singing happily like there’s still hope and he’s saying that he won’t give up through his eyes.

(Taemin’s Point of View)

“Naega neol wonhago itdan mallya…”

Just like before, I’m not giving you up. There’s still hope for our love. I’ll wait…I’ll always keep on waiting for you…

“I stay with you…

I still need with you…

Eotteongeotdo neol daesinhal su eobseo…

Cause i love you gidaryeojwo…

Nae mam jeonhaejulkke…”

The way I sang this song is the way I say I love you. After I sang the song, Key umma and Sakura sang “Run With Me” then Onew hyung and Therese noona was next with the song “1000 Years, Be By Your Side”.

“Are you enjoying the concert?” Athena asked the audience as she appeared together with Rhiyou.

“Nae!” the netizens answered.

There were two chairs placed and they sat down. Athena was carrying a guitar on her hand while the microphones were in front of them.

“A friend of us gave something memorable,” Rhiyou said.

“Not just something memorable, but something to treasure,” Athena added.

“She may set aside her feeling for the sake of work,” Rhiyou uttered.

“But with all those work, we can say that every day, she’s getting hurt,” Athena said.

“She may be a professional, choreographer and a dancer as well as a singer…” Rhiyou trailed off.

“…but she’s also a friend, a sister, a Young mature lady and a person as well as a special someone to love,” Athena continued.

“This is…” Rhiyou and Athena looked at each other and smiled. “…a song to remember.”

Athena started playing the guitar and Rhiyou started singing.

Scrolling through my cellphone for the 20th time today

Reading that text you sent me again

Though I memorized it anyway…”

(Third Person’s Point of View)

Rhiyou, Athena and Beatrice were reminiscing the past when they were with Jonghyun, Taemin and Minho. They were reminiscing about their sad past with them, the hurt, tears and sorrow they had from them was inside the lyrics of the song that Athena and Rhiyou was singing about. They wanted to forget that sad memories and leave it behind.

Beatrice was singing the song not too loud in the airplane. She knew the song very well and it was one of the saddest songs she liked. Tears started to fall from her eyes.

“Here my lady,” John handed Beatrice a handkerchief.

“Thanks John,” she accepted it wholly.

It’s been a while since she let go of her anger and pain from her heart. Taking revenge wasn’t her motive anymore. Taking care of the one she loved was her duty even though it hurts her to marry someone she didn’t love for the sake of her family, she would do it. Love made her start all over again.

(Beatrice’s Point of View)

I went to the company first before coming home to our house since I want my parents to know that I came back for my duties and MJ as well.

“That’s why our marriage should be stopped as early as it could,” it was MJ’s voice that I heard from his office.

I was about to open the door when I got in front of his office.

“So you’re gonna let her go that easily?” it was her mother.

“For love yes. But our friendship will still remain.” He said.

“Then I’ll call your father and her parents for a meeting,” his mother said.

“Thanks mom,” MJ said.

I was shocked when I heard what they were talking about. MJ made a way not to continue the marriage. He did it for me. I didn’t know what to do but I want to disagree but if I did that, I’ll just hurt myself and him as well.

I left the building and went home instead of going to my parents. As night came, I heard the front door opened.

“Welcome Mr. McCain. Are you looking for Lady Beatrice?” it was John who talked.

“Yes please. I wanted to talk to her about some matters,” I went out of my room and saw MJ on the front door.

“What do we need to talk about?” I asked as I came down from stairs.

“I wanted to tell you something,” he said and looked at me as he smiled.

Without thinking, I hugged him.

“I know what you did and I wanted to thank you,” I said. “But I can't defy my parents.”

I looked at him with teary eyes.

“But Bea…”

“I’ll marry you, no matter what!” I said as I kissed him on his cheek.

“I can’t let you do that!” he raised his voice on me. “I can't bear to see you in pain because of this arranged marriage!”

“Whether I like it or not…”

“I already talked to your parents,” MJ cut me off and looked at me as he cupped my cheeks. “They agreed with me not to continue the marriage. I want to be with you but to do that, I have to let you go.”

“Mark John,” I said as he wiped my tears away.

“Now stop crying and let’s celebrate,” he said as he smiled.

“Thank you,” I said.

He hugged me and kissed my forehead.

“I still love you but I love Taemin more,” I confessed.

“I know and I’m sorry. If Annabelle didn’t kiss me that day, maybe we’re still together until now,” he said.

“Maybe not,” I said as I cut off the hug. “Because I still love Taemin the day that I said ‘Yes’ to you and I’m the one who should be saying sorry.”

“I forgive you,” he said.