003

RETOLD: IN LANGUAGE OF BETRAYAL

She comes out from the elevator as her schedule finished for that day and she can rest early. But without her know when she comes out, one silhouette caught her eyes. She looks at the familiarity of it and stopped her track as him lower down the sunglass that he wear just to inform it is him that she see and she not mistaken.

“How come you’re here?” she asked when he standing right in front of her after she stand there without moving making him walked toward her.

“I’m here to take what you promised. I win and the music video already out but I haven’t heard anything from you”

“How you even know where I’m living?” she asked without saying anything about what she promised and he says “Changing topic”

“That is not important right now. But where I live does. How come you know?”

“It not that easy but I got my resource” he say smiling and then say “Aren’t you going to invite me in?”

She flatly says “No”

“Aren’t you scared someone might see me here? With you?” he asked tempting with smile that she wish she can kill him instead.

“Fine” she says before key in the password and opens the door he just looked and then commented “Hmm… same password as your phone. I should have notice it”

She looks at him before getting in, mentally takes note to change the password for her phone as well her house. He follow on the back taking her shoes off and making like it is his house, walking ahead toward the living room passing her.

He rather than takes a seat, survey the room checking every inch of it and she just leave him alone walked toward kitchen as she asked “What do you want to drink?”

“Anything fine by me” he says eyes on her childhood picture.

She takes two glass out makes some ice honey lemon in which her favorite before comes over to the living room and sit on the couch looking at him still engage on the picture. She throw “Just look, don’t stole” at him making him laugh and looks at her.

“I suppose I can inquire you to give me” he says walking toward her and sit just next to her taking the glass into his hand before takes a sip of the cold water.

The glass back on the table and him lean on the sofa watching her back and then he spoke “How about you start to tell me”

There a slight movement of her body that he see and he say “Why are you keeping this all by yourself, just tell me”

She looks toward him and asked “What are we actually? You inquire me like we’re something”

“We’re nothing” he answer straight forward and then added “But you promise if I win you will let me know about it. By the way, I don’t mind if there something going between us”

“Okay, I will tell you then” she says lean back just right to him and his eyes widen, move his body to the front a little and looking at her “Seriously? I thought that you will fight over this all till forever”

“I kind of want to know what you will do if you know about it” she says before taking a sip of the water and then place it on the top of the table.

“I don’t know what I will do, but tell me” he says smiling and she began to tell the whole story of what happen.

 

They contract stated for four years all due respect to the choice of the idol as the company doesn’t want to strictly bind them from their future. After the contract end they can continue it or in another matter leave the industry to catch another dream. But for the five of them, she knows they all think this is the right path of them. But what she doesn’t know is the different opinion in it.

No one spoken about contract even though it is approaching the time as they seem to have a mutual understanding that she in the same time think the same. She know one day all of them will sign a contract and they won’t stop become a group.

The loud sound of voices and also her phone rings makes her woken up from her sleep. That day she sleeps on her own house that she buy by her own money since she need some relaxing time by herself.

She takes her phone out and answers the call to her shock someone shouting to her ears making her stand up. “What is it? Can you please speak slowly? My eardrum going to blow if you keep shouting” she says and then later she heard “Check the news” before the call ended.

Lazy like nothing even matter, like her usual days when she tired, she walk toward her computer and start it to later after a few minutes see the shocking news that makes her eyes widen. “What the!”

 

“What news?” he asked suddenly makes her story telling stopped.

“Are you sure you even know the basic of this story like you tell me before?”

“Well… I did, a little” he says smiling.

“How about the news about ‘A diplomat taken into custody’ do you know it?”

“What the matter to that news? It doesn’t much about you”

“That the start of everything” she says taken a deep breath before saying “The news about the diplomat sleeping with a few idols group and in midst of that my name spoken by the comment like everyone suspect me”

He lean closer to her “Are you” he asked and she looked sharp to him without avoiding “I’m not”

“Then why?” he asked and she says “Because of what will happen after that”

“My company tells me to stay hidden and they will spoke on behalf of me. At that time I’m still 20 and barely know much about anything. And they didn’t do it”

 

She got a call from the number she knows amidst of all other number that she watches pass by untaken. “Hello” she says taken the call.

“Aerin, did you perhaps see the news?” someone asked her and she asked back “What news?”

“I think it better for you to see rather than me telling you about it” the call ended and she once again checking the internet which she swear not from all the malicious comment she got. And when she did, the headline shocked her the most.

She read it aloud “Four of Majestique member renew their contract for another 7 years excluding Aerin” at that time when she read it, the thunder that nowhere to be seen, to be heard comes to her. She quickly takes her phone and called their CEO but it unanswered. Taken the serious measure she goes out in disguise to her company.

She walk fast straight to the main office without care when someone called her name and into the room of their own CEO. He is there with the other four member of Majestique talking and laughing and the room turned silence when she comes.

 

“What? What happen actually?”

“Can’t you not stop me for even a second?” she asked and he smiled. “Well… I need to know and I ask, what’s wrong with that?”

“Nothing wrong” she says and he demand “Now tell me what actually happen without flower over here and there making the story aesthetic”

“Turns out they really sign a renew contract without me”

“Just that?”

“Not just that. One of the clause of their demand for this continuation contract is “I’m not going to renew mine”

“That’s mean the whole story about you declining to renew contract is a fake?” he asked and she nodded “Yeah. The whole news about me doesn’t want to renew contract, about me want to leave Majestique because of scandal”

“Everything is a fake created starting from the comment about the diplomat. I later know that it is they doing to makes me look like I didn’t want to renew contract because of scandal and leave Majestique too”

“Why won’t you tell anyone? You bear this by yourself all this time”

“What the use of it? Does anyone will believe me? In midst of the forged scene?” she says smiling a bitter smile and then she continue to says “But later I rise until the one I am right now; signing a contract with a new company, working my harder in composing, offering my songs to other idol. That how I reach my popularity now”

“But you never meet them after that time, well… except from this show”

“I did, if you doesn’t remember, a year after everything happen, I come out with my solo album and on the same time they comeback too. They second comeback after me leaving the group”

“Then you must meet at broadcasting” he stated the obvious that she just nod at it “Yeah. We even fight the first place”

“And you win” he say and she smiled “At least you know that” making him smirk.

“After that my popularity keeps increasing. When most of my composed song along the way that sung by other idol win the chart too. Starting that time, I don’t need to offer my song; they are the one who come to me for song. And each of my comebacks I raise and win. While they falling down”

“It’s karma” he says smiling and she agrees with it. “But seriously, won’t you ever once want to tell this all to anyone rather than hide it?”

“What the use?”

“Revenge?”

“There is nothing that I can get from all this getting known. But now, that you know, I really interested to see what will you do with this information” she says looking at him and he smiled. “I don’t know. I haven’t thought about that yet”

“Give me a warning when you did something. I don’t want to be the one clueless like before”

“Warning eh?” he asked with a smirk on his face making her curious at what he thinking. “How about I give you a warning right now” he says as he trap her deep into the couch with his hand and he is incredibly close to her.

“What kind of warning?” she asked not mind at all about what he done right now. Her heart is beating like crazy as he waiting for him to speak as they eyes locked.

“That I’m going to kiss you right now” he says before comes closer to her and kiss her lips simple and then takes a move back, eyes looked at her. “I’m warning” he says before then once again deep closer to her and this time it is not a simple kiss he gave but a serious one. She didn’t push him but just follow along with his kiss.

When both of them parted, both of them breathless and their chest rose up and down. “I don’t know why when I’m with you my heart beating like crazy” she says and he smiled “Maybe because you like me?” he says narcissist.

She scoffed “I thought about that but I think it is scare. You scare me so much. You’re scary” she says breathing still heavy. “I don’t know what you will do and what you actually think. You scare me”

“But I bet you know what I’m going to do to you” he says as his right hand touched her cheek and he once again kissing her but this time not limited to her lips. Her forehead, her eyelid, her cheek, her chin and down to her neck.

“Timoteo…” she called feeling the blood rush into her due to the kiss and her sensitiveness. He just hums to her call but not moving from her neck and making her shiver from that hum itself.

“We aren’t supposed to do this. And you should be in your dorm, what the staff says about you leaving your dorm?”

He raises his head looking at her “It’s break time. I’m not living in The Unit dorm right now”

“Then you should back at your own dorm and not here. Your second mission will come”

“Spoil” he says before he start to kiss her on the lips intense way than before but she try hard to stop him. When he part he looked at her “I got it. I will be back. But we should at least have some fun” saying that he her neck making her shiver and then into it.

“Timo…teo…” she breathing heavily, tries to control herself.

 

He walked out of the apartment and headed to the main road to get a taxi. She at that time is watching him from her house, looking at him leaving. Lip in between her teeth as she biting it while hand on her neck touching the place marked, a sighs comes from as she close the curtain.

 

It is on Taemin’s concert that both of them meet as the two groups of him and of her win the first round of the mission. She got him over the side when they walked into the seat leaving all the other members walked first. There not much camera for this time that makes no eyes on them in addition to the show is going to start in 5 minutes.

“What are you doing?” he asked to her and she smiled “I plan to tell about you and Aerin” she says and he scoffed hearing that.

“You know scandal can get really bad for us, contestants and for sure your vote will go down”

“Going to destroy me?” he asked but there no such of scare at her threat. She smiled and nodded alongside his question “If I can’t get you, so does her”

“I wonder why you hate her so much”

“Because she hateful. Ever since before, getting ahead of herself. Since she the center she though that she can do anything she want”

“Aren’t she the one who makes your group popular? Working her off getting into show to promote Majestique”

“She is the only one who popular and not our group. You don’t know what she thinks of us. She thinks us, the other members of Majestique as pathetic. Need her to become popular”

“Then you guys sign a contract stating that she won’t renew her contract?” he asked and her eyes goes widen in shock. She takes a few steps back completely shaken with murmur “She tell you?”

“Yeah” he says stating and at that time the huge crowd of cheer can be heard from the concert hall. He says something in midst of the loud background and her eyes waver from what he said. When he finish he walk toward the entrance and to the other guys who watching the concert.