001

RETOLD: IN LANGUAGE OF BETRAYAL

“What do you think?” asked the PD after the briefing of the show to her and she listens to it and gives it a thought. “Well… It’s kind of interesting, nice concept. I like the way of the reformation of the group. This must be because of NU’EST gained a lot of attention from Produce 101 that you guys come out of this idea of reformation” she says bold and the PD can just give a smile.

“We hope you can be one of the judges…” he says to gain her side and she nods. “I’ll do it”

“You will?”

She nods again and says “Yes. I like the idea and the whole concept of it. Some group really need more recognition and there a lot of group that I really hope comeback” The PD smiles of her answer but then she add “But you know about me right?”

“Huh?” he asked back. Somehow doesn’t understand about that question.

“Are you really okay someone like me who leave my own group because of some kind of scandal to be the judge of this program?” she asked him to confirm everything.

“I won’t ask if I mind” he says and she smiled. “Your existence might help any idol who dropped out because of the same situation to grow back once again. And this is the main idea of this program. So, you’re the right choice here”

She smiles and says “Then you got me on the show”

 

She sits on the room waiting for the other judges to be here as she strolls over the application of the participant and her hand stopped. She looked at the PD who sitting in front of her and with next to him is there writer doing her stuff.

“This…” she hold the applicants files up and show it to the PD gaining his interest. He looked at it and so does the writing next to him. “Yes?” asked him with a smile.

“They will be auditioning? Majestique?” she question and the PD and along with the writer nodded. “Are you feeling uncomfortable?” asked him and she looked at the profile nodded slightly.

“Uncomfortable? Because of what?” they heard and looked toward the opening door and Rain with Taemin walked in.

“You two come together?” she asked like trying to run away from the very question and topic.

“Meet downstairs. But what is the whole uncomfortable about?” answer Rain but then asked back into the topic. “I hope not about me. I really hope to work well with you, Aerin”

“It’s not about you, sunbae. And I’m also flattered to be able to work with you” she smiled holding her hand out and he takes it for a handshake.

“So, what the matter of it actually?” he asked but right at that time Taemin catch the page on the files and he point to it for Rain to see. He looked at it and looked at Aerin. “What…?” he want to ask with full sentences before Aerin broke it over and says “They are my old group”

 

The stage is set and the audiences already fill the house and she gotten more nervous. When the first very contestant enter and sings the tense began to lessen and she began to professionally assess all of them with the skills needed.

But things turn differently watching the name of her former group appear on the screen and she somehow froze on her spot. A second later when she snapped back to normal they are standing in front of her, the six of them, introducing.

 “Errmmm… As I remember, Majestique is your former group, right, Aerin?” asked SanE bold like he always have been. Aerin looked at him and the others looked at her especially the audience. She can sense the camera is on her, waiting for her reaction.

She nods and says “Yeah”

“This is such turn about when you’re here and the others members are standing there in front auditioning” he says after her comeback answer and then Rain start to say “Why you guys decide to come to this program?”

“We debuted around 8 years ago, but slowly our popularity goes down as the increase of the amount of girls group. We think this show might be the right push up for us to grow back”

“8 years ago? Ya…” says Jo Hyunah in disbelieve.

“Well… We will let you guys to perform first and then we will talk more”

Majestique start to perform the song by Girls Day’s Expect Me and the judges along with the audience watching it. The boots go on from one growing to two but later when the song ended, it stopped right on four.

The scene looks tense and Rain start to talk as he looks to his right and then left “What do you guys think?”  His eyes stop at Aerin and called her name “Aerin?” in matter of questioning form.

She bites her lips and starts to say “I… I don’t know what I should say in matter of fact”

“I know what you want to say, hyung” says Taemin and Rain looked at him as a sign allowing him to speak. “The stage is like missing something, right? The whole performance is lack of some sort of thing that unknown”

Rain looked to the front with a nod. “Yes. Everyone got the skills. Your vocal and dance are great” he says looking at other judges who nods at that compliment. But you guys lack something”

“The whole picture isn’t right, right?” asked Hwang Chiyeol and they nodded,

“We…”

“You notice, right? The group itself like no one stands out to be the center and no one covering up the fact”

They don’t know what to say about that and then Rain says “If this is a group competition, you guys will lose. But since we evaluate personally…”

The talk comes to compliment but still their mind stuck to the fact of their group. They later heard “We will talk first” and the judges bundle together to talk among themselves.

Each one of Majestique hates it the fact that Aerin is on the judge seat and they on the stage. When they decide to participate, they don’t know, more like the news aren’t out yet about the judges. But when it out and they see, they just don’t know what to do. This is one of a life time chance for them and they need to catch it rather than run from it.

“Okay. We got the result” says Rain and the evaluation of each member comes.

 

In midst of all, the first time she meet him is in the middle of the stage, he performing the piece by EXO and they all talked about his relationship with Taemin. She think he great in term of stage presence and even the whole performance itself but there something about him that she can’t poke into. Not that later she learn about it.

There a time when trainer meet the trained, and it is one of these time when she meet him face to face and thus see what he is. The scary self of him, directed her from the current mind that been thinking about the former member of her.

That brief contact with everyone around is not something to be talked about as later they accidently meet alone in which only the two of them in one place. “I’ve been wondering” he says making her raise her head looking at him. She is older by him but he not using any type of formal speaks to speak to her. She doesn’t know why her usual self who always irk toward that stuff lenient to him.

“What actually happen between you and Majestique?” he asked and she stay silence for a few moment before asking “What that matter to you?” there more silence comes from between them, carried on the former air.

“Does perhaps are you closely know one of Majestique?” she asked later when the silence still there making him looked at her with such eyes that she can’t describe but inside she says “He’s scary, his mind, his way of thinking, his way of wanting…”

“If I am?” he asked trying to try the water and she says “What do you know then?” replies with vague.

“Like everybody know, what in the news” he says but the gleam on his eyes show he know something that she doesn’t.

“I don’t believe you don’t know any of Majestique” she says stated.

“That’s why I say ‘If I am’ aren’t I?”

“What the good for you to know?” she asked and he just shrugs his shoulder. “I don’t know. Self satisfaction, maybe”

“What would you do if you know? And what if what you listen is the same as what in the news?”

“There something missing from the news and I know it bring into something that been hiding”

“How about you win next mission and I will let’s you know the full story?” she offer the bargain and he smirked. “I will win then” he says before leave the room by himself.

She looks as the door closed slowly and says “You’re scary, like I thought, you’re scary”