Chapter 2

I'm Blind to Love(On Hiatus)

As soon as the teacher goes out, Soobin walks to Hakyeon but before she arrives at his place, he stands up and gets out from the class. Soobin feels sad to see Hakyeon being like that. She knows Hakyeon. She knows him more than anyone else. Five minutes after that, Taekwoon, Wonshik, Jaehwan, and Hyuk enter the class.

“Yah, you guys are so late!” Hongbin shouts and makes everyone look at them.

“You know what kind of person the principal is,” Taekwoon says and sit down at his place.

“Why everyone looks so tensed?” Hyuk asks as he feels something wrong. Usually, when he comes late, they will mock him or laughs at him but today, they just look at him and keep quiet.

“Where is Hakyeon?” Wonshik asks when he realizes Hakyeon was not in the class.

“As usual,” Hongbin answers shortly.

“What do you mean by as usual?” Jaehwan asks as he can’t get the meaning of the short answer.

“You know where his usual place is when he feels breakdown.” Hongbin sighs heavily.

The other students are also the same. They are lowering their heads without saying anything.

“Is something happen to him?” Taekwoon asks because he wants to know.

“Teacher was so angry at him until she calls him ‘orphan’. You know how much sensitive he is when someone said that word especially when the teacher said that to him.” Soobin explains.

“Oh ! What’s wrong with that teacher?” Wonshik frowns because he feels angry but at the same time, he feels sad.

“Hakyeon put a fake frog on teacher’s chair. Teacher was so scared until she went out from the class. After that, she came back and scolded him.” Hongbin explains and sighs.

“For now, just let him cool down first. He will not cool down even if we try to comfort him. He prefers to be alone.” Soobin says and returns to her place.

 

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~   * ~ *  ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~  * ~ * ~  * ~            

Hakyeon lies on the bench at the rooftop while closing his eyes.

***Flashback on***

“Mummy! Mummy! Look! I made a plane. Is it amazing?” Hakyeon showed his paper plane to his mother who was doing her business on the laptop.

“Go away, Mummy is busy.” his mother did not even look at him and continuing her work.

“But mummy looks…” before he continued his words, he accidentally spilled the water inside the mug beside the laptop and the water spilled on to the work papers.

“Yah! You see what you have done! Oh, , now what?!” his mother scolded him and she messed her hair as she stressed.

“Mummy, I’m sorry. I did not …”

“You did not what!!! I don’t want to listen to your nonsense reasons anymore. Go into your room now! NOW!!! No dinner for you tonight.” his mother screamed until all the peoples in that house scared of her.

Hakyeon’s eyes filled with tears. He went inside to his room and locked himself inside the room. He leaned his back against the door and brought his legs to his chest and hugged his legs tightly. He cried. He looked at the paper plane he made and he crumpled the paper and threw it away.

 

The next day, Mrs. Soora prepared a special breakfast for Hakyeon since he did not eat for the last night. She wanted to make that boy smile. She missed his smile. After she done preparing, she walked to Hakyeon’s room and knocked the door.

“Hakyeon, dear. It is me, Mrs. Soora. Come, let’s eat breakfast.” Mrs. Soora waited for that boy to reply.

She knocked the door again.

“Mrs. Soora.”

“Oh, is there anything you want, madam?” Mrs. Soora asked as she saw Mrs. Cha was behind her.

“Hakyeon, he still mad at me, isn’t him?” Mrs. Cha asked the maid.

“I can’t say yes but I know that boy is kind. He will never keep it in his heart forever.” Mrs. Soora smiled as she tried to ensure the woman.

“I was stress. There are so many things that I have to do in this week. I don’t even have time to sleep. I can’t help but let out everything at him.” Mrs. Cha cried as she regrets.

“Dear? Hey, why are you crying?” Mr. Cha came and took Mrs. Cha into his arms when he saw she cried.

“I afraid. What if he will hate us? What if he will think we do not love him? What if he tried to do something like…”

“Hey, hey. You are over thinking. Our son is a good boy. Don’t worry.” Mr. Cha comforted her. Actually, he also felt the same as his wife felt. He knew that Hakyeon was lacking love since he and his wife were always overseas for business. He did that to make sure his son will live in a wealth so he won’t be suffering in the future.

***Flashback of***

“You thought money can make me happy. You don’t know that I’m suffering here because of that money. That money doesn’t mean anything to me. I don’t need money. I just need you. I want your love. I want a mother. I want a father. I want your attention. I want to ask why I lived like this but I should not compare my life to the others. I just wondering why you thought that I can happy with money.” Hakyeon says while looking at the sky.

“Are you happy when you over there? Was it nice? If it nice, why don’t you bring me there with you? How much longer I have to stay in this hell?” Hakyeon says while crying and he looks at the sky with a sad face. He doesn’t know some peoples were listening to what he said behind him.

“Hakyeon…” Taekwoon looks at Hakyeon in disbelief.

Soobin closes his mouth as her tears falling down like a rain. She can’t believe Hakyeon was that fragile.

“In front of us, he just likes a bright sunflower but behind us, he just likes an abandoned sunflower.” Wonshik whispers.

“I don’t know that he would feel this way,” Hongbin says while looking at the others with his sad face.

“He never tells us about his past life,” Hyuk speaks out while looking at Hakyeon who is lying on the bench.

“I know everything about his past life,” Soobin says and she lowers her head looking at the floor.

“You know?” Jaehwan asks to confirm.

“I start to know him when I came to his parents’ funeral. Start from that day, I begin to know him and we became friends for more than ten years already.” Soobin explains.

“Please tell us. We also want to know. We are also his best friends.” Hyuk begs to Soobin.

“Not now. He might see us if we stay here for long. I will tell you this Saturday. Just come to the café nearby.” Soobin tells and she walks away to go back.

“Let’s go.” Taekwoon joins after Soobin and followed by the others.