Chapter 1

I'm Blind to Love(On Hiatus)

“Hakyeon-ah! Yah, Cha Hakyeon!!Wake up now or else you will be late for school.” Mrs. Soora shouts Hakyeon’s name from the downstairs.

Hakyeon stretches his body as he wakes up from his sleep. His eyes still closed and his mouth opens wide when he yawns.

“Cha Hakyeon!” Mrs. Soora still shouts at the downstairs.

“Arasseo…arasseo.” Hakyeon quickly closes his ears and get off from his bed as he feels annoyed when Mrs. Soora shouts him to wake up. Mrs. Soora has becomes his maid since he was born. He already considers Mrs. Soora as his family or should I say more like a mother. His parents died in a flight crash when they on their way to China for business. He was 2 years old at that time.

***Flashback on***

“Thank you for coming.” Mrs. Soora thanks the woman which was one of the guests that come for the funeral.

“Please stay strong. I hope that boy will be alright after he lost both of his parents.” the woman said as she looked at Hakyeon who was sitting in front the swimming pool.

“I also hope the same thing.” Mrs. Soora looked at Hakyeon too and she sighed heavily.

“I wonder why he wasn’t crying at all. He looks okay to me.” the woman frown her eyebrow as she felt curious.

“He may look okay but I know he is more than sad inside him. He is a strong boy. Since he was born, I can say it is very difficult for me to see him cry. I only see he cry when he was born on his first day.” Mrs. Soora said while looking at the boy with sad eyes.

“Maybe he already used to it since his parents left him here with us often time. The last time I saw his parents spend time with him was on his birthday last year. That was the last time I saw him smiling with his parents. After that, he never smiles at his parents and he never wants to close with his parents anymore.” Mrs. Soora explained again.

“Poor boy. I think I better go now. Take care of him, Soora.” the woman left.

“Hakyeon-ah, are you alright, my dear.” Mrs. Soora walked to Hakyeon and hugged that boy as she knew that boy actually needed someone to comfort him.

“Ahjumma, do we have to cry when someone dies? Everyone was crying when they died. I don’t even have tears to cry.” that boy looked at her eyes as he tried to find answers.

“They cried because of they sad. They can’t hold back their tear, that’s why.” Mrs. Soora patted that boy’s hair.

“Since I don’t cry, does it mean I’m not sad?” the boy asked again.

“Only you know the answer, my dear. What do you feel when your parent died?” Mrs. Soora asked the question back to the boy.

“I do feel sad but I did not cry,” Hakyeon answered honestly.

“That’s your answer. You don’t cry because you have a strong heart, not because you don’t feel sad. Everyone knows that you feel sad more than we do but you stronger than us.” Mrs. Soora looked at his eyes and without she realized, her tears falling down.

“Ahjumma…”

“Your parents surely will be happy up there. I’m sure they will not feel sad to leave you alone since they know their boy is a strong boy. Keep on going, Hakyeon-ah. Stay strong until forever.” Mrs. Soora cried and she took Hakyeon into her arms.

***Flashback off***

“Yah, Cha Hakyeon! Eat your breakfast before you go.” Mrs. Soora instructs while she preparing the food.

“Save the food for later. I will eat it when I’m back.” Hakyeon rushes to the outside and takes his shoes to wear it.

“Yah, Hakyeon. Eat your breakfast or else you can’t study well when you in school.” Mrs. Soora walks to Hakyeon and asks him to eat.

“I’m sorry, ahjumma. I have to go now before it’s late. Bye. Joonki-hyung! Let’s go.” Hakyeon opens the car’s door and gets inside to the car.

“Aish, this boy is really!” Joonki gets inside to the car and starts the engine.

“Take care.” Mrs. Soora waves her hand as they left for school.

 

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~   * ~ *  ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~  * ~ * ~  * ~            

In the classroom,

“Yo, Hakyeon.” Hongbin greets Hakyeon as he sees Hakyeon enters the classroom.

 “Yo.” Hakyeon walks to his place and sit.

“Yah, do you want to join us tonight? The same place as usual.” Hongbin walks toward Hakyeon and sits on the table in front of Hakyeon’s table which is empty.

“I will go if there is no homework,” Hakyeon says while his eyes looking at the window.

“Aigoo, no wonder you always get number one in the exam. I’m so jealous of you. Everyone knows that you are the troublemaker student in this school but all the teachers still love you because you are the most intelligent student in this school.” Hongbin says while playing with Hakyeon’s book.

“If I don’t study, do you think I qualified to be the next CEO in the company?” Hakyeon asks Hongbin with his cold face.

“It is your father’s company. You are the heir of the company. Besides, no one has the power to become the CEO except you.” Hongbin plays with the book while talking to Hakyeon.

“The company will bankrupt at any time if I don’t study well. If I’m stupid, I will have no idea to make money for the company.” Hakyeon stands up and takes his book from Hongbin.

“Okay, okay.” Hongbin surrenders.

“Where are the others? Wonshik, Taekwoon, Hyuk, and Jaehwan, where are they?” Hakyeon asks while his eyes wandering looking for those boys.

“Well, last night they play the computer game until 2 a.m. and as for Taekwoon, he drank 5 cups of coffee until he can’t sleep. So, I think they will come late today.” Hongbin explains.

“Oh, really? Well, that’s good to hear. I think it has been a long time since the last time I saw them being scolded by the teacher.” Hakyeon smirks evilly.

“I knew it. You are always bad liked usual.” Hongbin laughs to listen to Hakyeon’s answer.

“You know me.” Hakyeon smiles and he walks to a girl which known as his best friend. He pulls the chair and sits in front of the girl’s table.

“Ohoho, your drawing look ugly like usual.” Hakyeon mocks her drawing.

“If you good at drawing, then show it to me.” Soobin rolls her eyes and she challenges Hakyeon since he mocks her drawing.

“I can only show my skill to my future wife.” Hakyeon winks at the girl while talking arrogantly.

“Huh, just admit it already. I know your drawing skill is horrible than me. That is why you don’t want to show it to me. That is why you said my drawing is ugly because you are jealous you can’t draw nicely.” Soobin mocks Hakyeon back.

“Me? Jealous? In your dream.” Hakyeon rolls his eyes.

“Yes.” Soobin nods.

“Huh, whatever.” Hakyeon gives up since he knows that girl will surely win.

“How is your day, today?” Soobin asks while continuing her drawing.

“Can you find any other question to ask? It always the same question. You know what, I’m getting bored with that question.” Hakyeon says and he takes one of Soobin’s pen and plays with it.

“You know yourself more than me. I ask because I want to know how your mood for today. Sometimes, you said you okay but actually you sad. And sometimes you said you, okay but then you keep quiet for the whole day.” Soobin looks into his eyes while explaining.

“You know me well. I’m okay.” Hakyeon smiles brightly.

“Hmm, get back to your place now. The teacher will be coming to the class for another 5 minutes. And don’t get yourself killed. I know what you want to do.” Soobin continues her drawing.

“Don’t worry. The teacher will never kill me. I know she does not dare to.” Hakyeon winks and he walks to the teacher’s chair. It seems he put something on teacher’s chair.

“Stand up!” Soobin says loudly as she sees the teacher enters the class. Soobin is the class monitor.

“Good morning, teacher.”

“Good morning and sit down.” the teacher sits as soon the students sit. As she sits on the chair, she feels something is moving under her and then, she stands up to see what under her.

 

“Arghhh!!! Green monster!!! Somebody helps me get this stupid frog away from me!!!” the teacher shouts and runs away from the class.

All the students laugh at the teacher reaction. Hakyeon was the happiest person ever.

“Yah, Hakyeon. You are really daebak!” Jaewoon gives double thumbs up to Hakyeon.

“You are really amazing, Cha Hakyeon. If you expect me to do that to the teacher, I swear I can’t do that.” Hongbin says and gives a thumb up while laughing.

“Well, you know me. Everyone knows that I’m the most famous troublemaker in this school. Besides, it won’t be fun if we are not having a fun time like this every day. At least, let us start our day with a big laugh, don’t you agree?” Hakyeon stands up and walks to the chair to take back the frog.

Only Soobin doesn’t laugh. She just rolls her eyes while looking at the other's behavior toward the teacher.

“As usual, you know your job right, guys?” Hakyeon says to all his friends in that class and he throws away that frog from the window.

“Actually, that’s not a real frog, right? It is a toy, right?” Yeri asks as she also feels scared of that fake frog.

“Don’t worry. It is just a toy.” Hakyeon tells the truth to that girl and walks back to his place.

“Listen here, Cha Hakyeon. This would be the last time I help you. After that, I will just tell teacher if you do that again. I don’t want to involve anymore.” Soobin says to Hakyeon while looking at him with a serious face.

“Why don’t you tell teacher ten thousand years ago? Just tell her as if I care. Trust me. She won’t dare to touch me.” Hakyeon makes his poker face and smirks.

Soobin rolls her eyes and continues to her work. After 5 minutes, the teacher comes back.

“Tell me, who did that?” the teacher asks with her serious tone.

All the students are making poker faces.

“I will ask again, who did that?” the teacher still on her limit.

“Before that teacher, let me ask you. You said you saw a frog just now and we tried to see the frog but we didn’t see it. And now you ask us who did that? Of course, no one would admit since no one does it. You see it by yourself. Is there any frog at your place now?” Hakyeon asks the teacher back.

“I know it was your doing. Everyone in this school knows that you are the most popular troublemaker.” the teacher says and she already feels that she has reaches the limit.

“Even if I’m the one who did it, where is your proof?” Hakyeon tries to provoke the teacher. No! He provokes the teacher.

“I don’t need a proof, you orphan child.” The teacher presses her tone when she said ‘orphan child’.

“Huh, do you think I care about that poor status? You think you can stop me even with that word? You are wrong.” Hakyeon chuckles darkly. He feels hurt when the teacher said that word to him.

Soobin does feel something wrong with Hakyeon. She can sense it.

“Teacher, what he said just now is true. There was nothing at your place when we tried to check it. Maybe it is just your imagination.” Soobin finally speaks to support Hakyeon.

“True. You can’t simply accuse him without a proof. Besides, there are many students in this class as naughty as him. Just because he is the most popular troublemaker in this school, you accused him.” Hongbin also speaks out.

“That’s right.” All the students say simultaneously.

“Fine! I will let you go, Mr. Hakyeon. After this, I will make sure you will be paid for this.” the teacher warns and takes all her books and gets out from the class as she feels embarrassed.