2. Script Reading

Of Promise, Work, and Love

Staring at his own reflection Park Baekhyun groans. He look so horrible. He just washed his mouth to the clean away the awful taste of his guts. This is what he hates, morning sickness.

 

Feels like he threw everything he ate from the last night and leaving his stomach empty aside well, from his baby.

He clear his throat as he fixed his newly dyed black hair. It's been two hours since Chanyeol left for an emergency seminar in Japan and he'll be staying there for two days. Baekhyun surpassed the arguement between him and Chanyeol, the latter don't like the idea of leaving him behind, but, being good at persuasion, he made the giant go for the seminar.

 

He clad himself with a gray pull-over, Chanyeol's, his hair blown down, no-make up, and a pair of black pants and black Balenciaga.

 

He grab his cellphone, and wallet. "Baek?" A voice called him. "JunMyeon hyung, in here." He said as he show himself from the kitchen. "Are you alright?" He nods."Yes,"  his manager eyed him, from head to toe. "Where are you going?" The latter blinked twice and smile. He can't say he'll go visit Kyungsoo because the other is busy at rehearsal.

 

"Uh, it's ..." His manager sigh. "No, Baekhyun. Chanyeol told you to rest and ask for re-schedule, right?" Baekhyun groans. "Hyung, the doctor said I was good, I can do the acting not until before of course... I gave birth." JunMyeon frown.

 

Dialing someone and waiting for the voice to pick up.

 

"Hello, Xing?" Baekhyun smile. Yixing is the co-composer of their Entertainment and JunMyeon's fiancé. "Baekhyun got an appointment" JunMyeon's been eyeing Baekhyun. "Oh, yes? Chanyeol left for Japan, no, but, Baek said the doctor told him that he can do the script reading and shooting until he gave birth." Baek nod and show his droopy eyes. "Pick us up?" JunMyeon smile and ended the call.

 

"Woah, you called him to pick us up, so you two can flirt, while, I'm busy?" He nod. Baek chuckles and shake his head. Well, he received a text message early in the morning, before Chanyeol left and before he throw everything he has inside his stomach. His drama, called Scarlet Heart Ryeo: Moon Lovers is having a script reading and start of shooting next week..this is the reason why he wanted, to still...continue his work, because he has a lot of pending dramas, and two of his album is all set, all those are waiting for him.

 

He's not blaming his pregnancy, but, he just want to do the same take care of Yeol and their baby and so his work.

But, his husband don't want him to work and get tired.

 

~

 

"I thought Chanyeol told you to rest?" Baekhyun blew his hair when they got inside the van. "Yes, but, that kid is so stubborn. So, let's just accompany him until they finished the script reading" Junmyeon said as he kissed Yixing's lips.

 

"Excuse me, don't flirt while i'm still here." They chuckles and started the car.

 

"Woah, Baekhyun hyung, I thought you said you'll start your script reading next week?" JooHyuk, one of his co-actor asked. "Supposedly, but, I'm too bored at home, Yeol's at Japan and he'll be home the day after tomorrow so, yeah, this will only take a day. Guys, would you please stop worrying, Me and our baby are both fine and healthy, now, can we go inside? Hey, hyungs, I'll text you if I need something, I Promise. So, don't go too far here" the two nod and him, Joohyuk and Jisoo walk together with him inside the meeting room.

 

"Baekhyun-ssi?" Seohyun called her hoobae. Baek nod and bow. "Sunbae" Seohyun frown. "Chanyeol told me about you, where is he?" Baek bit his lips, obviously she'll call Chanyeol in an instant.

 

"He's at Japan, Sunbae, please don't tell him, I'll keep myself healthy and I'm fine though" her sunbae laugh and nod. "Okay, okay, now let's start" and they took the seat.

 

A minutes passed, and he felt sleepy, the script were all distributed, but the director and writer is busy telling the whole plan for the drama. He hasn't eat anything, and it is freaking 11:45am, in the middle of boredom his phone vibrates and he instantly get it.

 

Fr: JunMyeon-hyung.

- are you hungry?

 

He salivates and type quickly.

 

To: JunMyeon-hyung.

- yes, super.

 

He slipped his phone back his pocket before he received another message.

 

Fr: Baby

- Have you eaten lunch, baby?

 

He smile and typed, no, haven't he sent it before he realized on freaking thing. Before he could do anything his phone didn't stop vibrating.

 

I'll eat now, baby. He sent and Chanyeol sent him a reply. You better be. And he just heard the taller scolding him. What more if he know that the truth is the midget is at the middle of hunger and script reading?

 

"Okay, let's take a break and start the script reading after" the rest of the actors, make-up artist, stylist, camera-man and the staffs rose from their seat aside from Baekhyun.

 

He stills until there's only a few countof people inside.

 

To: JunMyeon-hyung

- Can I eat? I'm hungry hyung, I'm staying here inside.

 

His manager, and the co-composer, sit next to him, and eat. They are now at the pantry of this entertainment.

 

He checked his phone and texted his husband.

 

To: Baby

Are you mad? I'm eating now. I missed you.

 

He thought he'll receive an instant reply, but, he failed. He thinks that maybe the giant is now busy. So he resumed eating.

 

"So, that is Ji Heran? The soloist under the name of Z.Hera? And she's your partner!?" Yixing had to cover Junmyeon's mouth because he was kind of loud.

 

Baekhyun chuckles and nod. "Uh-huh" he said as he pierced the lettuce and stuffed in on his mouth. He really crave for salad and fresh vegetables. He can't stand a day without having them.

 

"Okay, we'll be out again," and they went outside.

"Hi, Oppa, I'm Hera." Baekhyun smile at the girl wearing a pink tshirt and black pants as and he shake Hera's hand, the pair was told to sit with each other. "Nice to meet you, Park Baekhyun is my name" Hera smile and nod.

 

The script reading starts; Joohyuk, and Jisoo and him does lot of fluff lines and funny moments which he knew he'll enjoy when they started the shooting.

 

~

 

On the cold breeze of Japan, a certain giant is frowning as he continue scrolling thru his tablet. He just texted Baekhyun that he should eat and haven't sent any reply because of what he saw.

 

[BREAKING NEWS]

FL ENTERTAINMENT has covered with thick number of artists, they have started the script reading for 'Scarlet Heart Ryeo: Moon Lovers'

 

He scrolled more and saw a very.popular faces and very familiar on his own eyes.

Seohyun, Jisoo, Joohyuk, Junki, Hera, and IU he sigh, he knows that this is the new drama Baekhyun was pertaining to the said script reading, he asked the latter to asked for a re-schedule so he can rest for today, so maybe they'll give an adjustment?

 

He reads the comment and furrowed his brow.

 

[+3526, -90]

I DIDN'T KNOW BAEKHYUN OPPA WILL BE ONE OF THE PRINCE!?

 

[+99787, -660]

Me too, until I saw him heading inside FL ent.. that, this drama would be a hit!

 

Chanyeol's heart thumps and he sigh. He dialed, FL's CEO.

 

"Oh, CEO PARK, what can I do for you?" He sigh. "Hey, Myung, can I ask you if you know the list of artists that attended the script reading, today?" The other line was crammed with noise. Then, he heard the closing of door.

 

"Yea, hyung, I know two of your brilliant artists came" Chanyeol tighten the hold on his phone.

 

"Who?" Myungsoo, felt chills so he delivered the answers.

 

"Well, Seohyun, and Baekhyun" there, Chanyeol, texted JunMyeon using his other phone.

"Oh, thanks, well, how long would it be running?" A white noise could be heard plus the flipping of papers. "Late 7:30pm," he look at his watch, 1:20pm.

 

"Okay, thanks," Myungsoo clear his throat. "Hyung, I received a text from you last night, right? Then, why is your husband here?" Chanyeol grunts  "he really wants to attend and I have been forced to attend this seminar here in Japan, but, I'm here at the airport. I'll pick him. I'll go ahead, keep an eye on him, please?" The other CEO chuckles. "Myungsoo hyung!" Myungsoo laugh and said yes.

 

Chanyeol and him ended the call,

 

Junmyeon hyung, where are you? Are you with Baekhyun?

 

The latter replied a Yes.

But, not answering his whereabouts.

 

He dialed the number. But, stopped. He get inside the plane and manage to calm himself in four hours span of the flight.

 

He is so worried of Baekhyun and his baby.

 

*

 

"Woah, that was great! I, thank you for all of you who agreed in this and willing to.be a part of this drama." The director said and they all clapped their hands.

 

"Good work to everyone!" He cheered. Baekhyun smile and nod at the others. He steal glances on his watch and it reads 6:35 pm. He fixed his pull over and his script as they continue to talk randomly, unaware of the taller waiting outside with his manager.

 

One hour ago.

 

Junmyeon's phone keeps on ringing. Yixing had to wake him up from his slumber so he could answer the call.

 

"Yeol" the taller sigh. "Hyung, where are you? Are you with Baekhyun?" Blinking he answered Yes. "Where?" JunMyeon sigha nd answered. "FL Entertainment," Chanyeol begrudingly swerve his car and JunMyeon could hear a rasped curse.

 

"Hyung, I thought I asked you not to tolerate him? The doctor said he should be resting before getting back to work. It would be bad if he became exhausted." JunMyeon's face writhe in worry.

 

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry, but he told me that the doctor said he's fine to go" Chanyeol tsked and sigh. "He could be so stubborn. Yes, the doctor said he can, but after we get him to the second appointment." JunMyeon rose from his seat.

 

"I'll go get him, I can excuse him and talk with the director" Chanyeol answered a no. "Let him, hyung. I'll pick him up, wait why did you sent me a Yes awhile ago, without answering the next one?" JunMyeon eyed Yixing. "Well, Yixing did that. I was sleeping." Chanyeol chuckles. "Okay. I'm near the ent, wait for me, and hyung please I hope this would be the last time that he can use his charms on you" JunMyeon smile. "Yes, sorry Yeol" Chanyeol smile. "No, hyung, it's fine." And they ended the call.

 

"Yeol!" Yixing said and they fist bomb, JunMyeon smile. "Hey, We're sorry." Chanyeol shake his head. "I understand, maybe, he felt so caged and deprived. I'm hurt because he lied, but, maybe I could talk with him later. Now, can we have coffee?" The three of them walk at the café.

 

"So, what's his lunch?" Yixing smile. "Beef brocolli, and California Salad, Baek craves for salad?" He stated and Yeol nod. "Yeah, I find it weird, because he hated eating them before."

 

"Well, that's the pregnancy effects." JunMyeon said.

 

"Chanyeol hyung?" The three of them turn their head and saw two figures. "Woah, you're fast huh?"

 

"How're you, Sungyeol?" The latter smile. He just gave birth last three months ago. "Uh, I'm fine. YeongSoo is good too" Chanyeol smile. "Congrats" the two smile and so JunMyeon and Yixing. "Congratulations, too!" The two said.

 

"We need to go," the three nod and wave as they went back to where the script reading is being held.

 

Another hour passed and it's 6:35pm. The head script writer went out for a smoke break when Chanyeol approached him, "oh, it's done..nice to meet you again, Mr.Milestone of CB Ent." He smile and nod.

 

"How's the script reading goes?" He told him.that it was fine, and he saw Baekhyun looking so sleepy.

 

After they converse, Chanyeol went back to where JunMyeon and Yixing are. The two are busy frowning as they read something. The taller grew intrigued as he squint eyes and take a look of what the two are looking at.

 

"I only want two sons, and two daughters" "i won't have any other of that" (WangEun)

"Does kissing will make me pregnant?" (Seondeok)

 

"It's not bad to live a life like this from the beginning." (WangEun)

 

"Wang Eun is Park Baekhyun's character right, hyung?" The two flinched once they heard the deep voice of the CEO.

"And they have a kissing scene. I don't know he'll be one of the princes' who'll be having a partner?" He said as he fiddles on his phone.

 

"Y-yeol" Yixing said. "Nah, I'm good. Just tired and bored." He said as he slumped on the couch across the two. His aura is dark and so his gazes. Some could recognize him as the very well-known actor/model and CEO in good mood and bubbly attitude not in this undecipherable aura.

 

Chanyeol tries to calm but, failed. First, Baekhyun sneaked out without him knowing, and now he's been experiencing sleepiness but couldn't sleep because of work, and third trying to disregard the jealousy but he failed, he is annoyed when he knew about the partner and kissing scene.

 

He picked his phone out and typed something.

 

To: Baby

- Hey, Wang Eun.

 

He sent it and sigh as he plugged his earbuds and ignore the whole damn world, he's tired and practically jealous.

 

His phone buzz.

 

Fr: Baby

- Baby, I'm sorry.

 

He didn't reply and ignore. Another message was sent.

 

Fr: Baby

- I'm done. Wait for me, where are you? Baby?

 

He still didn't reply.

 

Then couple of minutes, he heard the door being open, eyes were fluttering open as he scan, he saw a petite girl, the one in pink shirt and black pants. That's the partner? He thought as he smirk.

 

Hera saw him and bow on his direction, but, he choose to ignore and divert his eyes.

There he stood, fixing his dark blue shirt and coat, he wear his sunglass also. He walks toward the front of the room, he saw Joohyuk, and Seohyun that smile at him and bow he nod and force a smile. Next to them, is a petite man in his grey pull-over and pants.

 

He sigh, he's currently mad and annoyed.

 

"Baby" Baekhyun run at him, and tugged he hem of his shirt. "I- I'm so sorry" he peeked on the tallers eyes but see nothing aside for the aviator sunglasses, he tiptoes and undo the glasses, ignoring th other people around them.

 

"Hey," he speak again. "What?" The taller asked, getting the paper bag on his husband's. "Hey, you're mad. I'm so sorry" he sigh. "Do you think that simple apology would do? PARK BAEKHYUN! Stop being so stubborn and listen to me for once!" He said thru gritted teeth.

 

Baekhyun bit his lower lips and trying to avoid the crying he's at fault after all.

"If you still want to do this and join with them at least let me know. I know you feel so caged and deprived but, you aren't, just try to think twice, it's not just you now." He said as he started to walk, Baekhyun sigh and look at his manager who signalled him to follow his husband.

 

"He waited for you, go, console him" he nod and run a little faster.

He saw Chanyeol heading to the entrance. Until Myungsoo called him, "Hyung, I forgot to give you these, I used them whem SungYeol's at his first month. Maybe this could help you?" Baekhyun overheard it and felt more guiltier.

 

"Thanks, maybe...or maybe not." He said as he sigh. "Take care of SungYeol and Yeonsoo" Myungsoo nod and Baekhyun took the opportunity to hold at Chanyeol's hand, the taller eyed him and to the CEO.

 

"We'll go ahead" Myung nod and bid byes to the two male.

 

~

 

Baekhyun is dying to speak, but, he can't. Chanyeol being cold at him is a nightmare. They fought before but, not like this, Chanyeol never gone mad at him, annoyed maybe but he can console it with kisses and touch, but, this time..it's a serious matter. He could see the others eye, it was painted with hurt, sadness and worry.

 

I know you feel so caged and deprived but, you aren't, just try to think twice, it's not just you now. It became a mantra on his head. Chanyeol's mad and right the any point. It's not just him now, he has their child. Absentmindly, he placed his hand on his stomach. And tears started to sprawl on his eyes.

 

Chanyeol's phone ring and the taller answer it. "Yes, clear them for tomorrow. I have an appointment. It's too personal. What? Lend him the phone" Baek eyed his husband.

 

"Yeol!" He can heard the voice on the other line. " you, Kai! I am on leave tomorrow." Another whine were spilled and Chanyeol groans. "I can't. Ask for Sehun ! Baekhyun and I will visit his doctor. Shut up! Yea', shut up and man up yourself!" And he ended the call.

 

Baekhyun realized two things.

 

He is stubborn and Chanyeol cares for him and their child. He sobs and uncontrollably hiccups, that made the taller stepped on the break.

 

"Hey" he asked, wiping his husband's face. "Why are you -" He was cut off, when Baekhyun hugged him. Wetting his shirt. The taller sigh. "Sshh, hush now. Do you want something? I'm hungry and we can eat somewhere" Baekhyun ignore him and sobs quietly. "Baekhyun, I'm not mad. I'm worried." Baaekhyun lift his head, meeting his husband's brown orbs. "I'm so sorry" Chanyeol smile and wipe the crystalline tears as he poke Baekhyun's tears.

 

"I know, now, what do you want?" Baekhyun shyly spilled about Pasta and Salad, and Chanyeol chuckles as he drived in the nearest restaurant.

 

@sspark.