Bite Me Gently: Chapter II

Bite Me Gently

 

Chapter II- The Fulfillment of the Promised Prophecy

For about a century, humans were treated like filthy slaves and were forced to do hard labours and were forced to offer their blood as a sacrifice in exchange for their right to life and breathe. A hundred year old prophecy states that a half-vampire will be born on the middle of September. This child will be the fruit of the love between two opposing races----vampire and vampire hunters (shape-shifters).  And this child is born to remove all evilness and leave only pure and innocent souls in this world. She is destined to be “The One” who will save mankind from the evil hands of Blood ers. She will have the power that the predatory species cannot even dream of. And on her 20th birthday, her power will reach its full potential and that will be the start of the new era… A New Life for mankind will be built as nature found a way to end all the evilness in this world: The Birth of the Savoir----the birth of the Child of Destiny. Humans have been waiting for about several years for this prophecy to come true, ancient vampires who dreaded this birth did all means to stop it but destiny already made its choice yet…true love could change everything even the plans of destiny itself.

***

As I approached the end of the practice field, I could hear the sounds of the boys chattering and yelling victoriously as I finished defeating the most skilled fighters in the entire village. I passed by my guardian, Klaus to ask him what he thinks of my performance in the field.

"So how was it?" I asked.

"Very good, as usual. But I know you can do better. If you want to hunt those vampires then you will have to be stronger and faster. You will have to be keen and vicious. Remember, they hunted us down. You are the only chance our race got. You have to be strong for your mother."

"I know that, Klaus. I know that. That's why I've been training all these years…for her. For revenge."

 "I am so proud of you, Shin Hye. Here's your early birthday present." he said as he handed be a bow. A spiral with the Pierce family name was engraved on the bow.  "A Pierce family heirloom. You know I am not a fan of this kind of things right? Thought you might find a use for this old beauty. Your mother left this is in my possession the night before she died. I could tell that she sensed that they are coming for her and she wanted you to have this on your 20th birthday. I know she does."

"Thank you, Klaus. I owe you everything. Thank you for taking care of me these past five years."

He gave me a big hug and tapped my head----it’s a little habit of his ever since I was a toddler. "Nah, stop that nonsense you are babbling about. I don't wanna go teary eyed and all that crappy things. You know I am not a fan of that either. You sure you don't want help? It's pretty dangerous out there. Hmmmm? "He fake laughed at me, I could tell that he is worried at what will happen to me. I gave him I-can-take-care-of-myself-I-have-been-training-for-years kind of look. "Sure. After all, you are still my little Kathy. And my uncle duties are quite difficult to run from 'specially when I have a niece as terrifying and intimidating as you."

And with that he laughed his head off, walking away from me.

  "And Kathy," he added smirking. "That bow you got? Try it. You are bound to be a good archer. All members of the Pierce family are. It's in the blood. Try it, you might be surprised."

He threw me a wooden arrow dipped in vervain extract. You see, vervain and wood are one of the things that can seriously hurt vampires. You can kill a vampire by burning them to death. When the skin is exposed to sunlight for a couple of hours, the vamp will be turned into ashes. Vervain is very toxic to vampires, when in contact with skin, it can cause burning just like when the vampire's skin is exposed to the sun; when taken into the system, an excruciating agony will be felt; it's like swallowing battery acid.

"Hello!" a high pitched voice shouted into my ear. "HELLO!!! EARTH TO KATERINA!!!"

"Heyyy, there's no need to shout. It hurts, Bonnie. I'm gonna rip your head off and pull your heart out with my own two hands." I warned her doing my best to sound threatening.  

"Na-uh! You will not. I'm faster than you. See?" She laughed at me teasingly as she wagged her , sticking her tongue out.

I was ready to shot her with one of my arrows when Jeremy stopped me.

"I'm gonna kill-" I started running towards her.

"Don't do that! Don't rip her heart. Just rip mine; I would be most willing to exchange my heart for hers. She is the possessor of my heart and I will not allow danger like you to come near her. You must pass me first before you could touch one strand of her hair." He said joking in a freakish British accent and a deep serious voice that would make the hair on the back of your neck stand up.

"Cut the crap, Jere." Bonnie shouted, half-laughing. "Drop the accent. You are never gonna get the answer you want. Not in my lifetime! Hmmmm. For a second thought, I will be your girlfriend if and only if you defeat Katerina-" she threw a hopeful look at my bow. Oh no. "-in archery. Deal?"

"Yeah, deal.'Sides archery is not her thing. Never even see her practice, let alone hold an arrow. "Jeremy said in an I-can-do-it voice.

"Oh hello! Does my opinion ever matter to you guys? Three things. First, I don't want to. Second, I won't. And third, I will never." I told them with my arms crossed.

"Oh come on, Kathy! Please! You know I love you, right? And I know you love me too so please, please. This is the only chance I got and maybe this will be the only chance I would ever have." Jeremy looked at me with puppy dog eyes.

"Oh, isn't he adorable? He's so cute; he could be my ing puppy." Bonnie said sarcastically.

"Oh Bonnie my love, don’t be like that. My heart is bleeding with hurt and pain because of your ruthless and heartless actions towards me." Jeremy said dramatically with that weird accent again.

"Yeah, it up, . We all know how jerk you are and how you could be a royal pain in the . You had already broken the hearts of every female werewolf in the entire planet and you wanted to toy with mine? Well, newsflash. I am not the kind of girl you wanted to hook up with. I am not like those ty s you dated. I am not like every woman in the world and if you want my respect-"she moved closer to him. Dangerously close. They are only half an inch apart from each other. But she pulled away before he could make any move. "-you have to earn it. By defeating my best friend in archery."

But before I could open my mouth to retaliate, I felt my phone vibrating. Ooooh, got a text.

From: Bessy Bonnie

Oh come on, Katerina. Just do it. I know you can defeat him.

You're like the most amazing fighter I have ever met.

And you haven't even shifted yet. Do this please?

For me. And a thousand dollars.

"Okay. Okay. I officially concede. I'll play. But-" I narrowed my eyes to show her that I am serious. "-Bon. Jeremy's right. I haven't played archery before. This is my first time. So, I am warning you, Bon. I might lose. But come to think of it, you my friend are not actually losing. Either way, you win. If I win, you will have the privilege to shut Jeremy's mouth forever and if I lose, you got to date with the hotte-"

"Do not ever, ever finish that sentence. Well, let me finish it for you. If you lose, I got to date with the most horrible guy with inflated head who always thinks this he is hot. I even got a nickname for him---C.B. Know what that means?"

"Cocky bastard." Jeremy and I said together.

"I know that Bon. Said that a hundred times since we're a baby."

"A baby? Since we are baby? Seriously? Isn't that a bit too much of hyperbole?"

"Not literally. But maybe, yeah. Maybe, I am already hot even before my mum and dad planned me? Isn’t that awesomely cool that I am awesomely hot?"

"No, that's awful. I'm tired of this babbling, yapping, gabbling, prattling, chattering. Blablabla. Shut it."

"Yeah right, Bon. But before the real game can I talk to my opponent first?" He said grabbing my arm.

"Kathy, you know I love you right?"

"Cut the crap, Jere. I will not fall for that again."

"I know you won't but I will give you the best offer in your life."

"Two minutes."

"Okay, I will give you a hundred bucks if you will let me win this game. Deal?"

"Sure. A hundred bucks it is."

As we went back to the training grounds, Bonnie eyed us cautiously. She catches my eye and look at me warningly. I looked back at her, giving her a small wink to reassure her that everything is fine.

"Jere, what is that?" She asked him with her arms crossed?

"Uh, making sure that I won?"

"Playing dirty, aren't we? Na-uh. I will make sure that I won this round and I would be the one to kick your sneaky little ."

"We'll have time for that later, babe…in private."

"Ugh, you stink. Both of you.  Just shut it and let's get this over with."

I grinned and headed off towards the target boards passing the practice court along the way. I smiled as I saw Tyler and Matt leaning against the fence. “Katerina!” they yelled in unison. I laughed as I was caught up with hugs.

“Hey. C-can’t breathe.”

“oh. Heyy. Little Katerina. How ya doing?”

“Why are you here? I never thought you would be back this soon. You came home two moths earlier than due date! What the hell happened?”

“Nothing much.” When he saw my suspicious glance he added. “-Really. We are just tired of training and training and training. We want to do some holiday! Been doing the same thing all these years! TRAINING!!!”

“Ooooh, what a nice bow. Beautiful. It c-can’t be? Could it be the Pierce family heirloom? Klaus gave it to you? Ugh. I’ve always wanted this thing.”Matt yanked the bow out of my grasp and stared at it in wonder

“Well, let see what you can do with them. If you lose, we will steal this from you in your sleep.”

“No, it’s not fair! I asked her first! She’s mine!” Jeremy said in outrage.

“Nah, let’s play. All four of us? Will that be okay? I heard your little bet earlier. Let’s have some fun, freaky darlings. So, you in?”

“Bring it.”

We all lined up facing our own targets. I pulled back the string on my bow a few times, getting a feel for the elastic before fitting an arrow. I glanced over Matt, Tyler and Jeremy who nodded and counted to three.

We loosened at the same time. Tyler’s arrow overshoot and flew over the target. Matt hit the second ring, Jeremy hit the third one. And I, smiled in triumph as my arrow flow straight to the red circle in the middle. Bull’s eye. We turned around at the sound of my best friend Bonnie, jumping up and down.

“Well, that’s kind of impressive. In fact, that is soooo cool Kath.” Matt winked at me.

“That’s not fair! Kath, I offered you a hundred pounds!”

“You little cheat!” Tyler said as he ran towards Jere.

“Yeah, you offered me a hundred pounds BUT the thing is that Bonnie offered me a thousand.” I said, smirking.

 

***

Third Person's POV

Her muscles were tired and she knows that she'll be a little sore later, but she was pleased that she had almost accomplished what she wanted to do.

She went to the bathroom and started a bath. After checking the temperature, she walked to the dresser, taking off her clothes as she crossed the room.

She looked at herself in front of the mirror. She had been called beautiful since she was a little girl. Her body was firm and well-proportioned, softly rounded, her stomach flat, and her legs slim and long. She had inherited her mother's high cheek bones, smooth skin and black hair. And she had inherited her best feature from her father. She had eyes as green as a "fresh pickled toad" her mother joked when she was still a toddler. She would use this asset to take the revenge she always wanted.

She was never given the chance to know who her real father was. Her mother always said that they were better off without her knowing the true identity of her father and that her father will always love her no matter what. She also said that when she was old enough she will know her true identity and the answers to all her questions.

She sighed. So many thoughts were racing in her mind right now. She knows that she is not like most werewolves. She hasn't shifted yet. She didn't have the trace on her---she didn't have the smell of an actual werewolf (and she could use that in her advantage) but she knows that she's not human. Her heartbeat is faster than others, she heals faster than any human alive, and she is as fast and as strong as a vampire.

Mom died even before she could answer any of my questions about myself. Why do I have this weird feeling that I could control the elements? Earth, Water, Wind and Fire…Ridiculous, right? I discovered it when I reached my 18th birthday, two years after mom died. I got angry, so furious that I set my room on fire, I lost control of everything. I was forced back into reality when I heard the horrified voices of my were friends. And it's like something is controlling me,  I know exactly what to do. I concentrated hard to release the water element to stop the fire.  At first I was terrified but in the end I learned how to control it.  

Four butterflies were engraved like a tattoo on my arm.

A red one, its wings was a bright orange outlined with gold-for fire.

A brown one, earthly brown outlined the lime green body. In the middle, a lime green leaf was engraved intricately-for earth.

A white one, which for me was the most interesting. It was filled with glitters which had the resemblance of diamonds and the fairest of pearls-for air.

And a blue one, the blue shade getting darker towards the middle and an aqua star was placed in the center, representing the water element.

No one knows, and I wanted it to stay that way. I do not want to be branded as a freak. I want to keep this power as a secret so that when time comes I could use it for all the right reasons. Revenge.

-Back to third person point of view-   

She had been very depressed and tired. She liked the way a bath relaxed her, and she slipped lower in the water. The day had been very long, and her back was aching.   

Tomorrow will be the start of her revenge. Everything. She had planned herself for this for the past five years. She had been preparing herself for this day to come…

Nothing can go wrong.

 

Nothing.

***

Today will be the start of my plans. I rose from bed, getting ready, packing my things even before the sun make its way towards the sky. This is the most awaited day of my life. This will be the start of everything…

***

There is only one way to infiltrate the enemy's territory, and that is to pretend that my parents sold me to slavery. I will be the slave of one of the members of the royal family. We resided in a country governed by a king which is a vampire. Yes, vampires dominated the world for about 10 decades now. They kept the town in order, and in exchange each family had to give away their daughter at the age of 18, it was a sacrifice for them to have the right to live and breathe. And I, a 20 year old werewolf will pretend to be an 18 year old human and will make up my whole new identity as Elena Gilbert. And since I have no trace of werewolf smell and vampires couldn't compel me (it's one of the powers of vampires, controlling the minds of humans) because I am not human, I could roam freely inside the castle with no one suspecting. Isn't that brilliant?

 I have never been to the royal palace before; humans and werewolves are not permitted inside the royal grounds, unless you are a slave. It was splendid; lush green trees surrounded the palace, ornate fountains and towering statues. We (I and the royal guard---ugh, a vampire) made our way towards the small back door because we cannot go to the front threshold, only a royal vampire could. I followed the guard and found myself before the king's throne. Could that be Damon Salvatore? Is he the one I am supposed to kill? Oh, I wanted to rip his heart out of his body. Memories of my mother flashed into my mind. My body was shaking with rage as I look at him. Katerina, remember you are human. You are Elena. Control yourself, you will ruin everything.

"My lord," the guard bowed reverently. I imitated him. The king was handsome for his age of six hundred years. It is not true that vampires have immortal life; they only age slower than humans do. Fifteen years for humans is only one year of aging for them.

"Oh, this slave is absolutely beautiful. My sweet girl, tell me. What is your name?" he chimed in his perfectly toned voice, rising from his throne. He my cheek. Ugh, I wanted to kill him. Even with that friendly face, I could see the utter cruelness that lay beneath.

"Call Damon." he demanded to the slave. She immediately went to follow the order.

I was on the edge. I was infuriated. In a few minutes, I would meet the vampire I was born to kill. After all these years of training, I would finally meet him.

"What?" he said in an arrogant voice.

"This will be your new slave since you already killed the last one. And the one before that. She is beautiful isn't she? You could make a lot more use to her body and blood. Sniff the air, son. Isn't she mouth-watering?" the king gestured to me. I looked at them in disgust. Blood-lusting monsters.

"I told you. I do not want another slave. I can take care of myself. I do not want another baggage."

"Rubbish, you should have one, Damon. Everyone in the royal family has one. Just look at her, son."

He turned and my thoughts came into a halt. He was indeed beautiful. He was probably the most beautiful man I saw. He had dark messy hair and eyes as black as the night, and his lips looked so soft and rosy. I could look at them all day. Oh , what was I thinking?

I got a grip of myself and direct my thoughts on the situation I was in.

Damon finally looked at me. I cannot help but blush as his gaze met mine. I felt a stinging pain in my cheek, pushing me to the floor. I looked up, annoyed. It was the guard.

"You do not look and lift your face in the presence of your superiors! Do you understand?" I nodded acting as if I am sorry. Tears were rolling down my eyes as I nod. God, I was such a good actress. DUH!!! Hell, I have been training for five years. A pathetic hit like that couldn't hurt me. 

"Why did you strike her, you dim-witted guard?! You should have explained the rules beforehand. You didn't have to strike that beautiful face of hers." the king said dangerously calm.

"M-my apologies, your highness."

I was slumped into the floor when I saw Damon in the corner of my eyes, walking towards me. He raised my cheek forcing me to look at him. He was close. Dangerously close. Why is my heart beating so fast? I could feel tingling electricity where his skin touched mine. "Prepare her, inform her the rules and bring her to my room." And with that he walked away.

What has happened to me back then? I have heard stories about this feeling before. Did I just mated? To a vampire? it. Oh god, this can't be happening!

 

A/N: So what do you think guyz? This chapter is not edited so I am sorry for the lousy grammar. Thank you for reading.

Several Weaknesses of the Creature of the Night

1. Vervain - When ingested, vervain causes a vampire to become severely weak and feverish. Also, If a vampire's skin is exposed to vervain, it can result in burning them.

2. Wood - If a vampire is wounded by wood it will cause the vampire to become severely weak and if a vampire takes a wooden stake through its heart it will result in death.

3. Fire or Sunlight - Any exposure to fire or sunlight will result in death to a vampire.

4. Heart Extraction - The act of removing a vampire's heart will result in death.

5. Werewolf Bite - The bite of a werewolf is extremely lethal to normal vampires.

6. Magic - Witches are able to give supernatural aneurysms that cause the blood vessels of vampires to explode.

7. Decapitation - The act of dismembering or removing the head of a vampire will result in death.

8. Uninvited Invitation - Vampires cannot enter a house without being invited in. If they are in the house without being invited in they will become disoriented.