The Search for the Perfect Date (Joy's POV)

Wake Up Call
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Back again with another long chapter! I hope it's not too tiring for everyone to read, just wanted it to be as eventful and jampacked as possible. Thank you for your upvotes and meaningful comments, they are much appreciated. 

Peace!

---/---

Park Residence, Jan 20, 2018

Dear Diary,

I can’t wait to get my hands on the latest volume of Justice League on March 14! I can’t believe I have to wait more than a month adng why can’t you reserve a copy anywhere? Cry. How much longer do I have to wait before it gets released? Wow. I’m thinking of a comic book release on White Day… Nothing’s wrong with that right? I never really used to care about that day before. Might as well just hide in my house than sit like a wallflower while the RV girls receive their chocolates and flowers from the entire male population. Who needs those anyway? But then again, I guess flowers are nice… Tulips are… Aish, what’s wrong with me? Since when did I start thinking and caring about those things? I don’t. Yup. Let’s continue to believe that, shall we?

-SY

Somehow my gaze shifted to my photo wall where photos of significant people and events were pinned. My eyes zeroed in on a photo of me and Daniel in a shareholders gala back when we were 10 years old, I had a corsage around my wrist, my mom tied it for me… and then my eyes wandered to yet another photo of us when we were finally teenagers on our first day of high school, I was holding a bouquet-- my dad gave them to me to congratulate me for getting into Jaeguk high. Come to think of it, I only ever received flowers from my parents. I sighed and shook my head to disperse unwelcomed thoughts that were slowly forming. I closed my diary and put it under my bed. I then got my Math workbook and plugged in my ipod, preparing to work on my math problem sets. I didn't realize I fell asleep on my study table until I heard the girls barging into my room. “Joy! We’ve been calling you for the past hour!” I’m so sure that whiny voice belonged to Yeri. “Wake—eww, wipe your drool!” That was Irene. I opened my eyes and did as she said. “Thanks for knocking girls.” I said sarcastically as I rubbed my eyes with my fingers. “Well, thanks for forgetting our appointment!” Seulgi said, sounding a bit hurt and angry… Oh right!!! OMG! I immediately turned to her, fully awake this time, and hugged her. “I’m so sorry, chinggu, but look at it this way, at least it’s just planning for your birthday and not your actual birthday… I definitely won’t miss it for the world! Mianhe chinggu!” I smiled my most apologetic smile at her. I forgot we were supposed to plan for her birthday party today…

“Great, you said it, you’re not gonna miss my birthday party no matter what. I actually want a clubbing themed party! So for the venue, I want the River Bar reserved, so you’re in charge of asking Daniel! DJ is care of Irene! You’re in charge of invitation Wendy, and Yerin… hmm, hype it up!” Wow. So much for a planning session, it seemed she already had everything planned out. But, did she just mention the River Bar? The Kang’s bar? A BAR?? I can’t believe this woman. “Wait, wait, wait! How is it gonna be special if it’s just gonna be in a bar that you frequent anyway?” I protested, I really don’t like the idea of clubbing or going to bars and yeah, of course, what I said about birthdays being special is true too. “Hmm, well I guess, Yerin can plan out the program too… to make it… special. Thanks for the idea Joy!” Seulgi answered and smiled an angelic smile, probably to hide her devilish plan of tricking me into clubbing. “I’ll reserve the River Bar, but please please please don’t expect me to come, you know how I’m really uncomfortable with bars…” I said with a sigh. “Hey you already promised you wouldn’t miss it for the world! It would really hurt Seulgi if you don’t come…” Irene was guilt tripping me and the saddest part is it’s working. “Please Joy! It would make my day!” Seulgi clasped her hands in a pleading manner and shot me her puppy dog eyes.

I CAN NOT.

I WILL NOT.

I PLEDGE TO NEVER.

I look at Seulgi’s eyes again.

“Alright…” I whispered with resignation.

---/---

Jaeguk High

I have been looking for my bestfriend the entire morning, it was already lunchtime, but he was still nowhere to be seen. I walked to the field, but he wasn’t there, I went to the cafeteria, but he also wasn’t there, the last resort was the basketball court, and true enough, he was there. But there also seemed to be a commotion happening. Girls were lined up and Daniel was sitting in front while the Wanna One guys seemed to be facilitating what looks like an audition. There was a tarpaulin hanging in the bleachers and I had to readjust my thick frames to make sure I didn’t misread what was written:

“The Search for Kang Daniel’s Perfect Date”.

What was this about? How come he never told me anything about this? I looked at the line once again and I can tell everyone in the line was modelesque—pretty face with a great body. I approached the lady at the end of the line and asked her what this was about. She looked at me fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter