The Things We Do (Joy's POV)

Wake Up Call
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I'm updating a bit earlier than originally scheduled because I was so pumped up by all the positive comments, I didn't know comments have that power. So anyway, here goes! :) 

-----/-----

Saturday 6AM, Kang Manor

Today’s our last day in this snow heaven and I don’t plan to waste it on sleeping. I get up really early to watch the sunrise and probably to practice some non-existent ski skills. I head on over to the walk-in closet to change, but not before double checking the lock, just in case... After dressing up, I finish it off by wearing my hair up in a bun as usual, I would love to wear it down to help warm my neck from the cold, but its unruliness might cause more trouble than help. I then quietly exit my room and tiptoed my way to the shoe rack. I was surprised when I saw a familiar frame putting on his shoes. “Annyeong!” I greeted Seongwoo, as expected from my fellow snow-lover, he wouldn’t let this day go to waste as well. “Ohh hey Joy, jal jasseo? You didn’t have nightmares?” He asked me, lips forming a thin smile. “Ne, I’m sorry I didn’t go back, I lost track of time last night.” After My unexpected stargazing session last night with Daniel, we headed back to our rooms once we realized it was already 1:30AM.

I noticed Ong had a bag with him; pointing to it, I asked, “What’s in the bag?”

“Oh it’s my DSLR, I wanted to take shots in the morning before I ski.” He answered patting the bag slung around his arm. “Oh, I also planned to ski early morning, you know… so nobody can judge me.” I said with a whispering gesture as if it’s a secret. We both chuckle. He turns to me again an idea popping in his head, “Say, do you wanna come with me? If you promise to accompany me, I promise to teach you how to ski.” Wow, I get to see beautiful scenery and get taught how to ski? The tradeoff sounded so unfair for him, but I’m not complaining. And so without further discussion, I nodded excitedly and put on my shoes.

We walked for quite a while until we reached a forest where the sun was starting to rise. Winter rendered the trees leafless and the bareness of the forest made the rising of the sun more visible. It was beautiful. I let Ong do his own thing as I hear clicks coming from his side. I was so mesmerized at the sight that I didn't notice anything else around me until I turned to him to remark about the scenery.

“Woooow, areumdawo---“

*click*

“…yo” I finished my sentence.

“Ne, it is beautiful.” He said with a look of satisfaction on his face as he was looking at the lcd of his SLR. I was confused since it seemed like the camera was pointing at me. He refocused the camera and this time I’m sure it’s pointing at me.

*Another click*

“Hey, what the hell?” I said as I covered my face with my left hand.

“You promised to accompany me, remember? This is part of it… Now, poooose…” And then he went back to his usual goofy self and neared me, as if teasing me. I knew the deal was too good to be true, of course he wanted to annoy me. I stepped back preparing myself to run away as he continued to snap photos. All the force from running plus the wind undid my hair tie, and just like that, my hair went flying all over the place. I noticed Ong wasn’t running after me anymore so I stopped. I looked at him looking at me with an unreadable expression, and then, as if he caught himself, he brought the camera to his face to shoot at me once more. I ran again. It was annoying, but it was fun.

Afterwards, he taught me how to ski as promised. But again, he probably didn’t know what he was getting himself into. I may be intelligent in many things, but skiing isn’t one of them. After trying so hard to teach me, we both gave up and decided it was time for breakfast.

It was 10 o’clock by the time we entered the manor. We lost track of the time and didn’t realize we’ve been out that long.

*Achoooo*

Staying long in the snow always made me sneeze hard. I rub my nose.

We then went to the dining area where everyone was already eating noisily. Put these people together and I swear it’s always chaos. Joohyun who was seated beside Daniel saw us approaching and signaled to a seat beside her. I motioned to the chair, but Sungwoon caught our attention, “Hey! Where were you two the entire morning? I went to knock on your doors, but you were gone!” Seongwoo answered for us, “We went out to play in the snow, what else? It’s such a beautiful morning, you snooze you lose!” He said prancing around the table. I answered Sungwoon with a sneeze that slid my glasses further down my nose.

----/----

In the afternoon, we all gathered in the fireplace to play games. Some were busy with playing board games while I was contented with feeling the warmth as I watched one group play coyote while I was on a sneeze-fest. Sungwoon on the other hand, being the nosy senior that he is, went to look at Ong’s SLR to ‘appreciate’ the shots we took this morning. After a while, everyone was getting bored so of course, we had to play truth or dare. /Add sarcasm there.

Daniel goes out to get drinks. When he comes back, we were all already seated in a circle. He serves our drinks respectively. Smart kid knows what everyone wants and got them. Well, everyone except me. As he sat in the spot next to me, he hangs a scarf he brought around my neck nonchalantly. This kind gesture does not dissipate my annoyance at the drink he served me. “Why does everyone get a cold alcoholic beverage and I get a hot coco?” I asked, glaring at him. He raised his eyebrows at me and as if on cue, I sneeze. “That’s why.” He answers as he circles the scarf around my neck. Smarty-pants thinks he knows everything.

We started playing truth or dare and the first one up was Joohyun, she chooses truth so Jisung asks her a question. “What’s one thing you want to do aside from being an actress?” Joohyun thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter