Daehyun's Distress

A Slice Of Cheesecake, A Slice Of Life

The Streets Of Seoul, SomeTime After Midnight

Zelo cranked up the heat as you leaned back in the passenger chair, the snow coming down a little harder as you glanced out at the passing scenery, "........." You were deep in thought-until a hand on yours had you coming back to reality like a swimmer breaking the pool water's surface. Looking over, you saw that Zelo had carefully placed his hand over yours while he kept his eyes on the road, expression calm, "Don't overthink it, noona. We are idols. It's part of our job."

Your mouth went dry as you realized the situation, and especially of the age of the person speaking to you, "Junhong-ah, it is your job, yes-but you are still people. We are humans," you squeezed his hand carefully as he looked at you, his eyes flashing a quick bright blue before going back to their standard sepia, "well, some of us more enhanced than others, but still- no one deserves to have their feelings stomped all over for the most trivial reasons." You felt some of your earlier anger come back, "And the worst part? The absolute worst is that Daehyun has done nothing, absolutely nothing to deserve this wave of anonymous hate, those cowards those," you let out a low growl, and unexpectedly Junhong laughed, "Wow noona, you are really angry, aren't you?" You couldn't help the retort that slipped from your mouth at his seemingly carefree English sentence, "And you aren't?"

You regretted it as soon as the smile left the baby rapper's face, but Zelo opened his mouth before you could apologize,"....Of course I am angry, noona.  I am hurt, and upset, just like you. Just for my hyung, for our band, and for other celebrities that deal with these things as well. But....." Zelo looked at you clearly, "........but I know that for every bad person out there, there are good people too. Our real fans, our families, our friends, people that truly support us, each other-that's who we make the music for. That's who we live for-ourselves and the people-things-that matter to us."

His simple statement hit you with the weight of a sermon, and you nodded in awe,"..........Yes, you're right. I'm sorry for not," but Junhong squeezed your hand, "No, I knew what you meant, don't worry about it."

The rapper took some side streets and pulled into an apartment complex that you weren't familiar with, coming around and parking in a spot as close to the buildings as possible. Helping you get out the car as you grabbed all the bags, the two of you hurried to a building that Zelo pointed at and hustled up the stairs shivering and hunching your shoulders all the way. As soon as the automated lobby doors closed behind you Junhong straightened up and sighed, stomping his feet to shake off the snow, "Okay noona, I think we can take the elevator up."

You nodded while clapping your hands rhythmically, trying to get the circulation to come back normally, "Okay cool-let's do it." Stepping onto the elevator, you juggled the cake and bags in your hand while Zelo helped with the drinks and your purse, "So noona, since this is your plan, how will we get inside hyung's apartment?" You shrugged, "The same way how we just got inside just a second ago-by asking nicely to come in."

Zelo bowed his head, and for the first time in the whole evening the rapper looked unsure of himself, ".....But hyung might not want to see us..." You reached up your hand and patted his cheek affectionately, even as a small snake of doubt began to curl in your stomach, "Now now, don't think like that-besides, if all else fails, you can always just teleport us in."

Junhong laughed nervously, "Actually noona, I've never been inside hyung's apartment. If I have never seen the location that I am travelling to, then I can't picture it into my head-hence, I can not teleport us in." You straightened up, "Well then, we'll have to think on our feet."

The elevator dinged, and you stepped off the elevator to a red-and-gold carpet, lining a hallway of 8 doors, 3 on either side of you and 2 at the far end of the corridor, "Here, ______-noona, it's this one-the last door on the right," Junhong walked over with long strides, naturally taking the lead as you felt a little out of place with the classy art and such around you. 

About 15 feet away from the door Junhong stopped dead in his tracks, and went pale. Your thoughts pushed aside, you took a few steps, "Junhong? What-" but Zelo's ragged shout of, "Don't come-don't come any closer...!!" stopped you completely."Junhong," you took a step then froze-

-as there was something, simply something vibrating with energy that was so powerful, so potent, literally pressing down on your heart-

-It was so powerful and yet subtle at the same time, the force that hit you in the chest and your knees were weak-

-you could almost see the walls vibrating with this, this force around you, almost see it travelling through the air around you, creeping in and out of your peripheral like some sort of ghost with a vengeance as you leaned against a potted plant for support, your legs beginning to sway to some unheard rhythm-

-you raised your head, which suddenly felt like it was ten times heavier than it was, to see that Junhong wasn't doing much better than you-

-the rapper had dropped to one knee, a hand clutching at his ear as though he was in the studio listening to some tracks-

-but there was a pained air around him, and as he slowly turned to face you you could see the grimace on his face-

-Totomato's champion of Electricity and Hope was fighting his own battle, as his skin began to transform from his human self to his blue skinned, octopus armed battle form-

-"Noona, I-arghhhhh," his voice changed from normal to a deeper, scarier tone, and that spurred you into action-

-throwing a hand out against the wall for support, bracing your knees with each step, you made your way against the beige-colored wall, closing the last few feet to Daehyun's apartment door as the resisting force began pounding on the inside of your own head-

-fighting the sounds of your blood rushing behind your eardrums and your heartbeat echoing in your head, you struggled at last in front of the singer's door and pounded on it twice, "Daehyun-Jung Daehyun!!!!"-

-The force pushed you and you slid down the door, as Junhong hand,no, two of now his tentacles reached out and grabbed your boot, "Noonaaaaaa..." his voice trailed off into a scary growl,low and even lowar than Yongguk's rapping range-

 -and while you knew that in his heart the young man would never, ever hurt you intentionally, the tendril like arm squeezed a little tightly around your ankle, and feeling that strength through the material gave you a strength now fueled by fear and adrenaline-

-banging on the door with both hands, you yelled at the top of your lungs,"JUNG DAEHYUN KEKEMATO'S CHAMPION OF SOUND AND JOY OPEN THIS DOOR RIGHT NOW-"

-and then, there was nothing.

-the vibrating force stopped, the vibrations stopped, the very air stopped moving around you. The sound of your blood cooled down and while you felt your heartrate still thudding away, you turned your head slowly to see Junhong now on his back, looking up at the ceiling and taking deep breaths, his chest rising up and down as his arms slowly went back to normal.

Form the other side of the door you heard a thump, as though someone fell off a sofa or chair unexpectedly, and then shuffling, and then a very,very quiet,".........._______?______-noona?Is that you?"

You almost cried with relief as you said, "Yes, yes- it's me, darling, and Junnie is here. We're here."

There was silence, a silence which was almsot as scary as the sound dissonance that happned just moments earlier, and just when you were starting to think that you had imagined Daehyun's voice speaking to you the powerhouse spoke again, "You.......you shouldn't be here.Go home."

His accented voice was heavy with grief, and your eyes watered up as you thought of all his pain, and you pressed your ear against the door,now taking up a curled sitting position against the polished wood, your left ear against the wood as Zelo rested his head wearily against your calf, "We are here for you, darling. Please, just open-"

"No!!!" the potted plant that you leaned on down the hallway vibrated ominously as Zelo flinched, and it all clicked in your head-Daehyun's subconcious is crying out in pain, and his powers are showing it- as  Daehyun lowered his tone of voice to a hushed whisper, "I'm fine, I'll be fine, I just......I'll get over it."

You made eye contact with Zelo as you said, "Yes, but you don't have to do it alone." To try and lighten the situation, you scoffed, "And besides, I came all this way with cheesecake!!!!Zelo even brought wine and oranges!!!You can turn us away, but will you also turn away your first love-food?!"

Zelo groaned, "Hyung, I don't even have the strength to move what says get up and drive right now." You made a noise of agreement as the rapper made a small noise of pain, but this time Daehyun's 'big brother protectiveness' mode kicked in, "What's wrong? Are you hurt?" his voice came drifting out a little stronger through the door, and you said softly, "....Daehyun, your powers......wait a minute," you questioned him, "What were you doing before I knocked?"

Daehyun was quiet for a moment before speaking up again, "I had fallen asleep on my sofa, why?" You pushed him even further, "And before that...?" Daehyun took a deep breath, "......I was looking at some comments online."

Zelo sat up slowly, wincing as his spine cracked back proeprly into place, "Hyung, while you were sleeping your powers showed up,manifesting into a sound maelstrom. It almost took us out-we almost died because of whatever nightmare you just had." You winced at Zelo's choice of words, but that seemed to do the trick as you felt/heard the lock turn above your head.............