Part 3

Promise Ring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Sunghoon came about he was in a hospital room. He tried getting up but his side ached. Must have gotten it stitched up, Sunghoon thought. His hand went over to the cut on his throat and he felt the stitches.

"Oppa!" Yoonji cried as she ran to his bedside.

His mom held his hand. "Hoon-ah! You got stitches on you side and throat."

Sunghoon could only nod. "Seyoung-noona… "

"She's in the custody of the police. She's gone crazy Hoon-ah. After everything quieted down, all she said was 'Wonnie is mine.' Over and over," Sunghoon's mom said.

Suwon appeared on his other side. "She came to Korea to get back together with Jiwon-hyung but hyung doesn't want her anymore. Through all those years she always thought she had hyung’s love but when he said he can finally love the person he should have loved those years ago, she broke,” he said and squeezed Sunghoon’s arm with a smile on his face.

"We have another woman crazy over Jiwon-hyung's charisma." Jaejin joked.

"Hyung? How is he?" Sunghoon asked.

”He wasn’t feeling well since he suffered a concussion… feeling dizzy and ill. But it’s gotten a little better now. Now he’s more annoyed over not being able to move around like he wants to,” Jiyong told him, smiling.

”I want to see him,” said Sunghoon. His throat hurt when he spoke and moved his head, like something was tearing apart. He resolved to keep his head still.

”You can’t leave your bed yet...” Suwon said.

”I have to see him… can’t you move my bed there? Anything?” Sunghoon pleaded.

”No, no, wait a moment. We have a surprise,” Jiyong said.

The door opened and a nurse was steering Jiwon in a wheelchair.

”Tada! He’s been worried crazy”

"Hoon-ah! How are you? Are you okay? Does it hurt? Where does it hurt?" The questions kept pouring out of Jiwon’s mouth in a rapid pace.

Sunghoon could only open and close his mouth. His eyes never left Jiwon. Everyone else laughed at Jiwon.

"He's been like that since he found out you were hurt. Asking succeeding questions and not giving a chance for any of it to be answered," Jaeduck said, laughing.

"Come Yoonji, let’s give the boys some time alone." Sunghoon’s mom said, picking up her bag.

"Oppa! Mom hasn't eaten anything yet! She won't eat until she knows you're okay, she said."

Sunghoon looked at his mom, pleading with his eyes.

"Okay, okay. I’ll get something to eat. Really Yoonji, you're a tattletale."

Sunghoon smiled with love in his eyes at his ladies.

Now Jiwon was at Sunghoon's bedside. "Hoon-ah...." Jiwon began.

"Jaejin-hyung! Let’s go to the cafe! I haven't eaten anything too," Suwon said signaling to Jiyong.

"Yeah, hyung, I'm so hungry after the excitement this morning," Jiyong said and pushed Jaejin out the door.

"These kids really. They think their stomachs are more important than injured friends." Jaejin said.

"Our maknaes are so cute." Jaeduck laughed.

When they were alone, Jiwon reached out his hand, or at least tried to. "! I can’t even stretch my hand to touch your beautiful face. When will they remove this ing cast?"

Sunghoon laughed but winced. "Hyung, don’t make me laugh! It hurts!"

"We are one funny banged up couple." Jiwon said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter