Chapter 2

Love Through Music (Two-Shot)

Chapter 2

The End

I was still looking through the window when I screamed and immediately, the girl vanished. I was shocked and spooked. What did I see?

Arron immediately looked outside. Damn, I was caught. I thought he would let me go but the look in his eyes were just full of anger. He stomped his way to the window and pulled me up. He held onto my shirt and didn't let go.

"A..Arron, let go of me. It hurts," I said, quietly. I was afraid of what he would say. I haven't seen him this angry before. Heck, I haven't seen him angry. He was always so mild-tempered. I do hope he's just kidding but the truth is, he really is angry. Furious.

"What are you doing here?" asked Arron, saying each word out slowly.

"I wanted to know where you always go to," I muttered, spilling each word. I didn't know what to do. I can't even look at him in the eye. It was full of hatred and anger. I still had so many questions to ask him but if I ask now, I'll be the most stupidest girl on Earth.

It was still obvious that he's looking at me but I didn't dare to look up. He didn't say anything and I didn't have to guts to do it, so it was pure silence. He eventually let go of my shirt. I was still looking down, shuffling with my feet like a guilty little girl. I thought that he was still angry at me.

"Come on it," he said.

I looked up at him and surprisingly, he was smiling. Just a small smile but I felt relieved. I walked all the way to the front door and from inside, he opened it. I walked into the warehouse to see nothing but wood. I walked on the wooden floor and every step I took, there was a creak. Arron led me into another room. It was the room which the piano was placed at.

Taking a closer look at the piano, I noticed that there were some carvings and drawings on it. Why would anyone carve and draw on a grand piano? I also noticed that at the corner of the room were some couches. My guess is that it was pretty worn out. It looked like it was burnt or something.

"So, why did you follow me again?" asked Arron, walking to the piano seat. He sat and down, crossed his legs and looked at me. This time, I looked back. He smiled. But it was a small smile and I could see in his eyes that there were no happiness at all.

"I just wanted to know where would you go to everytime. You always disappear and nobody knows where you'll go to," I replied.

"Well, know you know where I'll always go," said Arron, with a blank expression. I couldn't tell whether he was angry or not. This was the first time I couldn't tell what Arron was feeling like. His face was empty. His gaze was empty. If I didn't know better, his soul might be empty too.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that but as they say, curiosity kills the cat. I'll go now," I muttered, silently. I had no other choice. I guess all my questions will remain as questions. Or so I thought.

"Don't you want to ask anything about what you saw?" asked Arron, right after I stepped out of the room. I turned around and nodded my head. He smiled and scooted over on the seat. Then, he patted his hand on the seat. I obediently walked over to him and sat beside him.

And he started his story.

" A few years ago, I met this girl. She was amazing. She was like an angel. Her beauty was something nobody had and nobody will. She was beautiful in so many ways, not only in her looks. She had a beautiful personality too. It's hard to find these days. She had a love for animals. The first time I met her, she was with a bunch if stray hounds. She would buy food for them and everyday she would go to the park. She can spend 3 hours just playing with the dogs.

In the beginning, I hated dogs. I found them very annoying and loud. But after meeting her, I too, started to love dogs. Ever since that day, I would accompany her to play and feed the strays. We would walk around the park finding strays and feed them. She was very friendly and bubbly. Sadly, she was from a broken household. Her parents fought everyday. Her father was a gambler. Her mother was a drinker. All the money her family had were gone, day by day. Soon, they had no money left. There wasn't even enough money for her to go to school.

She had 2 jobs to make money herself. I wanted to lend her some money but she wouldn't hear of it. I said to her if she would just take the money and go to school with me, she could make a living. But she didn't care. All she cared about were those strays. She wanted to build a home for them. Even with all the burden she carried, she still managed to smile. To laugh.

I worry about her everyday. I would meet her up at her workplace or at the park. There, we would talk for hours. From dawn till night. I was amazed. So after about a month or two, I decided to court her. I wanted her to become my girlfriend. At first, she rejected me. When I asked why, she said that I only want to become her boyfriend because I pity her. I laughed and I confessed to her again. She would reject me every single time. I never gave up on her. I knew that someday, she would realize that I truly love her.

On 1st of January 2009, I took her to a warehouse. She didn't know why I took her there. It was a surprise. I led her to this exact room. I asked her to sit on the couch at the corner and so she did. I smiled and walked over to the piano. I sat down and placed my fingers on the keys. Before that day, I went there everyday. I would spend 5 hours in there, just practicing what I should do on the 1st.

I started playing a melody. It was a romantic and happy song. It wasn't a fast song. It was a light-hearted melody. Soft and peaceful. Soothing. The song was what I felt for her. I composed the melody with all my heart. When the melody ended, I turned around to find her crying.

I walked over to her and asked her what's wrong. She smiled and hugged me. I heard her say 3 words. The 3 words that I will never forget in my whole life. I hugged her back tightly and I never wanted to let go. I finally have her. After our long embrace, I kissed her forehead and wiped her tears. I led her to the piano seat and we both sat down.

I played her countless of songs until she fell asleep on my shoulder. After that day, we would always meet up at the warehouse. She would watch me play the piano until the drifts off. She just loves hearing me play the piano and I love playing it for her. But there was one comment that I remember until now. She said that I needed to play with more emotion. I didn't get what she meant and never took it to heart.

Sometimes, we would carve and draw on the piano. They represent our feelings towards each other and also our memories. Soon, the whole piano was full of carvings and drawings.

On the 14th of February 2009, we arranged to meet up at the warehouse to celebrate Valentine's Day. I already set up table and chairs. I brought in the food and candles. Everything seemed perfect. Romantic even. When she came in, I pulled out one of the chairs for her to sit. I lit up the candle stick in the middle of the table and switched off the lights. I sat down and we both enjoyed our meal.

After that, I switched on the lights and played the piano for her. I played the same melody as the one I played on the day she accepted me. After finishing the melody, I played some songs that she enjoyed the most. She leaned her head against my shoulder and closed her eyes. I continued to play and I closed my eyes.

Little did we know, the window was opened and the wind blew in. The candle stick dropped and the table cloth started to burn. We didn't hear the candle stick dropping and since we had our eyes closed, we didn't notice the fire. The fire started to spread and I opened my eyes to see half of the room was in fire.

I quickly grabbed her hand and ran out of the warehouse. When I was out, I realized one important thing. She wasn't there with me. I must've lost her in the warehouse. I rushed back in but the entrance to the room was blocked with fallen wood. I tried to shove them aside but they slowly caught on fire. I quickly fished out my phone and dialed 911. In the mean time, I tried getting into the window but it too, was blocked. I screamed her name multiple times but there was no reply.

I started crying and tried pushing my way in. When they finally arrived and when the fire was put out, I rushed in to find her leaning against the wall. Her dress was burnt. She had bruises everywhere. I rushed to where she was and shook her lifeless body. I screamed her name but there was no reply. The ambulance crew took over form there. She was confirmed dead before she could get to the hospital.

I stayed depressed for months. I wouldn't talk to anyone. I abandoned all of my friends and they eventually abandoned me. I couldn't stop thinking of her and how it was my fault that she died. If I didn't take her to the warehouse, she wouldn't have died. If I didn't lit up the candle, she wouldn't have died. If I paid more attention, she wouldn't have died. If I didn't let go of her hand, she would have still be here.

After my depression, I decided to go back to the warehouse. The piano was still there. The couch was still there. I haven't played the piano in months, ever since she died. I didn't had the courage to do so. I played back the melody I played to confess to her. This time, I added a sad and tragic melody to the back.

After I ended the song, she appeared. I thought I was dreaming but it was real. She really appeared in front of me. She was still wearing the same dress she died in. Her face was still flawless and beautiful. I couldn't help but shed a tear when I saw her. She then said, "Arron, I'll always be here with you." I thought my head was playing games with me. But it was true. She was there and talking to me.

Soon after that, she told me that whenever I play that song, she'll appear. But if someone else sees her, she'll vanish. After that day, I would go back to the warehouse everyday to see her. She would advice me to go back to my friends. To live a happy life and I did that to make her happy.

One day, she told me to find a new girlfriend. I was confused on why she would want me to do so. She told me she wanted me to be happy but I refused. I insisted that she was my one and only true love. Before I could finish what I wanted to say to her, she vanished. After that, whenever I played the melody, she wouldn't appear.

Angry, I went off to find a new girlfriend. But I couldn't love anyone the way I loved her. I loved her too much. She was everything in my life. I couldn't understand why she wanted me to find a new girlfriend. So, I went back to the warehouse and she appeared. I asked her why and she replied that she was just a ghost. She didn't want to be selfish. She wanted me to be happy. A human girlfriend is better than a ghost.

I laughed and told her that we're soul mates. No matter what happens, I'll always love her," he ended his story.

"But isn't she already dead? Why do you still love her?" I asked. I cried a little when I heard him tell his story. But I still couldn't understand why he still loved her even after 2 years.

"Our love is eternal. Nothing can ever stop that. I know you like me. But I love Gui Gui."

"How can you love the same person for so long? Don't you get bored?"

"Once you've find someone you truly love, you'll never want to leave her side."

I smiled at his answer and we both left. The next day, there was a fire in the school. Everybody rushed out of the building. All of a sudden, people shouted and pointed. I just ignored them until Ella told me to look up. I did and I saw Arron. He was still at the balcony. He was smiling. I started to freak out but then I realized that him and Gui Gui could finally be together. I stood there and watched the fire eat him alive. After that, I couldn't see him anymore. I couldn't help myself but to break down and cry.

After the fire was put out, Arron was confirmed dead. I didn't know whether to cry or laugh. I went back to the warehouse and played the same melody Arron did. After I finished, Gui Gui appeared. With Arron. They were holding hands and seemed to be dancing around. They were both smiling so happily. I knew that they were both madly inlove. I smiled and walked out of the warehouse.

I knew that I had to change. I wanted to find my own soul mate whom I'll love even after I die. Ever since then, I would frequently visit them. No matter how long it seems, their love never stops. In the end, I found my own true love. I was no longer a player. This was the story that made me change.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Weeee~ Finished! Sorry that it was kinda long... =.=
Sooo? How was it?

-END-