Chapter 1

Love Through Music (Two-Shot)

Chapter 1

He is mine. I will get him. There's nothing that can stop me.

Arron Yan was sitting opposite of me at the cafeteria. He was with his group of friends and a crowd of girls. They were all flirting with him. B*tches. They don't stand a chance against me. I smiled and took out a mirror from my bag. I checked my appearance and put on some light pink lip gloss. I gave one last smile before putting the mirror back into my bag.

I got up and started to walk towards his table. After the first step, I was pulled back. I turned around to see Ella, one of my best friend. "Aren't you eating?" she asked. I just gave a smile and said, "Oh I'm eating alright." I then turned to look at Arron, who was chatting happily to his friend who was by his side. Ella looked at where I was looking and understood right away.

"What happened to Danson?" asked Selina, who was sitting beside Ella. "He is such a cry baby. Gotta go," I replied, anxious to start the flirting.

Selina rolled her eyes and waved. I waved back and walked towards the table. When I did get to the table, I was pushed and shoved by the girls. How pathetic. I just stood there, annoyed and then I realized that Ella was still staring at Arron. What the hell? Don't tell me she likes him too! But when I looked at him, it wasn't him Ella was looking at. It was the guy he was talking to. If I'm not mistaken, his name is Wu Chun. Not my type so she can have him.

I pushed my way through the crowd of girls and found myself standing behind Arron. His hair was perfectly in place. I wonder how he got it that way. He must have spent a lot of money to get that haircut. I opened my mouth to say something but with all the pushing and shoving, his drink fell down. The juice spilled on his shirt and pants. The bottle dropped onto the floor with a loud 'clink'.

I took this as my opportunity and bent down to take the bottle. I had to go under the table to do that. I found out that it was not a good place to be. It stinks and let's just say, beneath the table was a colorful series of chewing gum. Eeeeew!!!

I forced myself to smile and took out a tisse from my pocket. I reappeared from under the table and looked up at Arron. He was looking down and me, smiling. I stood back up and placed the bottle on the table, then I used my tissue to help him wipe his shirt. "Hmm, looks like you've gotten yourself in a sticky mess," I said, with my sweetest voice.

"Haha, I guess so. Thanks by the way."

"No problem. Hmm, your shirt is still sticky."

"Err, it's okay. It's not your fault anyway. Any idea on how to get it un-sticky?" asked Arron, with a small chuckle.

Damn! How can anybody be so cute?!

I smiled at him and bent down to whisper in his ear. "Come with me," I whispered into his ear. He gave an awkward smile and eventually agreed. I led him through the crowd of girls who were cursing me. We walked through the hall and I stopped at a door. It was the girl's rest room.

I turned around to see him get wide eyed. "Err, this is the girl's rest room," said Arron, awkwardly. I gave a small smile and pushed him infront of me and through the door after I said, "I know." I noticed that he closed his eyes and tried to get out of there but I blocked the door with my arm.

"I shouldn't be here," said Arron, quickly, without opening his eyes. "Relax, there's nobody here," I replied.

"You sure?"

"Yes. Now, open your eyes!"

"Okay."

He opened his eyes and looked around the toilet to find nobody there. He gave a sigh of relief and turned back to me and said, "Yahh! Why did you bring me here for?" "To help you get the stain of your shirt, of course." I pulled him across the toilet to where all the sinks were and opened the tap. I took out some tissues and wetted them.

I dabbed the tissues on the orange stain on his shirt. Guess he was drinking orange juice. The stain slowly faded but his shirt got wet. "Your getting my shirt wet!" exclaimed Arron. I giggled and told him to take it off. "In your dreams," was his reply. I pouted and started to tickle him. To my delight, he's ticklish. He started laughing and smiling, unable to control his laughter. He trie to grab my hands but I was too fast. In the end, he shouted defeat and agreed to take off his shirt.

I let him go and smiled in victory. I watched him turn around and ed his shirt. I couldn't take my eyes of him. He shrugged his shirt off and when he turned around, he caught me looking at him, goggly eyed. I quickly looked away. Too late! "ert," he mumbled. I turned around and crossed my arms on my chest. "Whatever." He chuckled and threw his shirt over my head.

I grabbed his shirt and dumped in into the sink. I opened the tap and let the water flow out. Arron's eyes got big and tried to stop me. When the water stopped, he picked up his shirt from the sink. It was soaking wet and water was still dripping out of it. I burst out laughing.

When I finally managed to stop my laughter, I realized that he was quite angry. I didn't know what to do and wanted to apologize but before I could, he shook his shirt and water splashed all over me. It was his turn to burst out laughing. I wiped my face with my hand and opened the tap once again to splash water in his face.

You know when food fights happen? Well this is a water fight. We opened every tap there was and started to splash water on each other. The floor got so wet and slippery that we fell down countless of times. Eventually, we got caught.

The door opened and revealed our head mistress. Let's just say, we got a month's detention and went to class soaking wet. After that incident, we hang out all the time.

All the girls were jealous of my relationship with him. That, I was happy about but even after a month, he wasn't my boyfriend. What the hell?? He always treats me as if I'm his little sister. Every time I flirt with him, he just changes the subject. And to top it all off, he disappears all the time. It's like he vanishes into thin air. His phone is switched off, his house is empty and he's no where to be seen.

I've asked him several times but he just shrugs it off. So, today, I decided to ask his friends.

Today, Arron once again disappeared to who knows where. I walked towards his table and sat down. His friends, Wu Chun, Jiro and Calvin just looked at me. I was never close to them. None of them was my type. "Yes?" asked Jiro, breaking the 2 minute silence.

I straightened my back and said, " I've noticed that Arron always goes missing. I want to know where he goes." The three of them exchanged looks before looking back at me. "Well?" I ask again, annoyed. "We don't know," said all three of them at once.

"Yea right. How can you guys not know?"

"But we really don't," replied Calvin.

"He never told you?"

"Nope," replied Jiro.

"Don't you guys ask him?"

"He doesn't tell," replied Wu Chun.

"You guys are useless," I said and stood up to walk away. But before I could, Jiro said, "Well he did text me today saying that he'll come back here to take his book and then he'll be gone for about 2 days."

I smiled and turned around. I winked and ran back to class. I waited inside for about a hour before Arron finally showed up. I hid behind the door and when he appeared, I scared him by jumping out.

"Hebe! Are you nuts?!" exclaimed Arron, after the shock.

I laughed and handed him his book.

"Huh? How did you know I came back for this?" asked Arron, taking the book and placing it in his bag. "Jiro told me. So, wanna go to the movies?" I said.

Arron scratched his head nervously and said, "Sorry, I've got some things to do. Gotta go, bye." I smiled and waved at him. Once he walked out the door and through the hall, I followed him.

We passed by some buildings, a garden, a deserted street, some old buildings and Arron finally stopped. I hid beneath a large tree so he couldn't see me. Through the whole journey, it was tough and hard. He always stopped to look sideways and behind to see if anyone was following him. Luckily I always found hiding places fast enough.

He stopped in front of a wooden house. A warehouse maybe? He took out a black and large key to open the door. It opened with a creak and he went inside. He closed the door after him and locked it. Awee, now how am I going to see what he was doing? I walked around the house and found some broken windows. I hid below it and got myself all dirty. Damn, it was such a dirty place!

What was he doing there? I looked into the window and saw a grand piano there. Hmm, isn't it a weird place to put a grand piano in? Eventually, he walked into the room and sat on the chair. He smiled and placed his fingers onto the keys.

I sunk back down and leaned against the wall. A melody was heard shortly after. It was light-hearted and happy. I couldn't help but to feel happy too. It was a romantic song. Then, the song slowed down and became fast. He was playing a mix of the black keys and white. It too, slowed down and turned into a sad and tragic song. A tear rolled down from my face.

I never heard a song like this before. It was just so touching and emotional. Then, the song ended. I looked back up to see a girl. She had a chubby face and had long flowing hair. She was pretty. She was wearing a long white dress but parts of it were torn and black. Like it was burnt.

Without me noticing, I was already standing up, fully exposed. I was so fascinated by the girl. There was a something special about her. She seemed to glow. Was I just imagining it? I took a step closer and my foot accidentally hit a loose piece of wood. It fell on my foot and I screamed in pain. I was still looking through the window when I screamed and immediately, the girl vanished. I was shocked and spooked. What did I see?