Interruptions

The League of Extraordinaire; Story started
 ski

POV saeeun

✩ Authors Courner: I feel like I"m disappointing you guys. I'm really struggling with things right now but don't want to let you guys down more. 

XOXO, Krissy

 

Interruptions

 

"I understand what you all witness was very scary but I want you all to be assured that Rigyu will be alright." Headmaster Moon stood in front of the desks addressing those of us from detention. "With the powers that she has, she hasn't been exposed to any illnesses nor has she been able to build up and immunities like you all have. She is in the hospital wing but once she got further from this room her heath started returning. 

"I believe that all of us, including Miss Nang, would appreciate if this was all kept under the radar for now." He turned to leave but I called out his name to stop him.


"Headmaster, would it be alright if I could go see Rigyu?" He looked taken aback but motioned for me to walk alongside him. 

"I have been meaning to ask you, how are you adjusting to the school? All of your friends went up to the atmosphere, why did you decide to come down here?" Even with his short stature, he walked quickly, but I was able to keep up easily. 

"What friends?" I snorted under my breath. "There were too many students up there and there was no way to get any air. I wasn't going to wait around for something to hit the fan, I left as soon as I could." 

The two of us rounded a corner and I paused to look at a student. He was inspecting the wall and running his fingers across them rapidly. 

"Mr. Min." The boy shot up and looked at the Headmaster, looking like a child caught with his hand in the cookie jar. "I have a job for you." He pulled out a dark stone and tossed it to the boy. "Follow us."

The boy fell in line with us as we walked in silence towards the hospital wing. When we got there only one bed had an occupant and it wasn't Rigyu. It was a small man who watched us through beady eyes. 

"Headmaster, she is over here." A nurse called from the far end of the room. We made our way to the corner where there were a handful of lockers where RIgyu was wedged behind. 

"She won't come out. She's been there for almost an hour." The nurse was sitting on a stool across from the girl. "I've tried everything, she won't even look at me." 

"Mr. Min, you still have that Celestite I saw you playing with earlier?" Headmaster didn't turn away from the girl so it took me a moment to remember the boy that was with us. 

"Here." He mumbled as he patted around his pants, looking. He produced a stone smaller than a penny that seemed to shine like the moon. 

"What am I supposed to do with it?" The Headmaster asked quizzically after the boy held it out to him. 

"Oh, you want me..." He knelt down in front of the girl with the stone in his fist. "People don't know, but Celestite gets its name from its heavenly appearance. It's good for bringing calmness and..." 

The Headmaster cleared his throat, looking clearly at the girl. 

"Oh, shoot I'm sorry. I'll just, get on with it then." He put his hand out towards the girl and a faint blue glow emitted from his hand. The girl did seem to calm down and she started moving out, but she paused. 

"It's ok, come on out." When he spoke even I sensed a bit of calm about me. The girl must have felt it too because she moved out and stood. 

"Thank you Mr. Min, you can go back to the stone wall now." The Headmaster took the girls hand and lead her back to one of the beds. 

"Miss Chae, did you actually need something or did you just want to see her?" He didn't turn to me as I followed or to the boy as he left. 

"I..." He cut me off before I could start. 

"No, well then please leave. You got out of detention and got to see the strange girl." He helped Rigyu to bed and didn't look back at me. "I'm going to have to ask you to leave. Now." 

 

"I wasn't trying to sneak a peak. She just..." I made an exasperated sound at the wall, but it didn't respond to me. All I could do was shove my hands into my pockets and keep walking down the hall. 

"Ge!" The loud voice startled me, but I held my reaction in to just freezing. 

A deep voice responded but he was speaking in Mandarin. I only was able to catch a few words but I felt the need to listen in. 

"No. I will not leave. I like it here. If you want to go then go." I didn't need to see the boys face to know he was crying. "I finally like where I am. I'm not a freak here. There is a girl whose blood is acid. For once someone is more dangerous than me." The other mumbled something back, but the boy didn't stop. 

"I am not leaving and I want you to stay, please." It was getting difficult to understand the boy, he started crying harder than before and his Korean wasn't the best. "You can't leave me too, you're all I have. Please Ge, don't leave me here." There was a long pause when the only thing to hear was the boys sobbing. 

"Hey." The voice was surprisingly soft. "I will never leave you, understand? Look at me Yitian. I will never leave you." Every word had a heavy emphasis on it. "Not when you annoy me so much I want to punch a wall or when you go soft on me or when you try to leave me because I'm driving you away. You will never get rid of me." 

There was a few moments of silence and some scuffling, but the crying stopped. I cleared my throat, letting them know I was there. 

"I didn't overhead anything, I promise." As I stepped into the room the taller of the two turned to face me and my step faltered for just a moment. 

His face read as the definition of rage as if his face might burn off, it was becoming so red. My hands automatically went up, the air around them freezing already. The standoff only lasted a few seconds but my heart was pounding and my blood was rushing so fast I hardly heard the younger talking. 

"Ge, stop." He mumbled before turning towards me. "Hi, I'm Wu Yitian, this is my older brother Yifeng. We just got here a day ago." He put his hand on his brother's arm and I swear I could feel the tension sliding away. 

"I'm Chae Saeeun. I've been here for what seems like forever." The younger looked confused for a moment and the older mumbled something at him again. "Your Korean isn't very good?"

"I... No." He sighed. 

"He doesn't need his Korean to be very good." Yifeng stepped forward slightly, just enough to be in front of Yitan. "He can speak to me." 

"Stop it." He continued at his brother in Mandarin and his brother looked away. 

"Wel, as uncomfortable as this is, I think I'm going to leave. I have to go deal with horrible roommates and annoying girls." As I passed I swear I saw A grin on Yifeng's lips, but I wouldn't swear to it. 

「MINTLEAF DESIGNS」