03. Detention

The League of Extraordinaire; Story started

now playing
aoa 10 seconds

✩ Authors Courner: Guys I'm so sorry I've been absent, life got heavy and busy and I hate not updating this for you. 

XOXO, Krissy

 

Detention

"You want me to what?" The taller student snapped, "I can't do that, it's..."

Headmaster Moon stood in front of him, waiting. 

"I understand it could make you uncomfortable, however we haven't come up with any other way to keep them safe while they talk everything out," While the student towered over the headmaster, he still looked in charge over the situation. 

"Professor, I can't." 

"Listen Cheolseok. I have done everything you have asked and got you your research lab and I didn't asked you for anything in return. We need this right now," Cheolseok shifted, clearly thinking it over. 

"Fine but I want you to know I'm uncomfortable with this all." He walked into the room and sat down forcefully next to me. 

"Alright students," Headmaster Moon came in with a stern look on his face, "This is detention and while in here your powers won't work so don't try." 

What?

"We don't want there to be punishments here so you are all going to discuss everything and come to a resolution about how it can not happen again." He didn't give anyone a chance to respond before leaving. The door closed with a loud thunk and the lock sealing was just as loud. 

"What did he mean our powers wouldn't work?" The translator boy called angrily, "He can't take away my powers." 

"Would you just shut up? This is all your fault anyhow," The boy who attacked me snapped, "If you hadn't freaked out and attacked that one we wouldn't be here."

He twitched his hand towards the other but nothing happened. 

Yumei brought her hand towards her face but still nothing happened. Her eyes widened and her jaw fell slightly. 

"I... Is it gone?" Yumei asked quietly in English but no one responded. 

The girl with mutant tattoos got up and started trying the door or finding weak points in the wall. She looked somewhat ill when she couldn't find any, but she didn't stop.

"Wow, how cool! I wonder how they did that," The translator boy called. "So now we just get to sit back and make introductions. I'm Jake, what about you pretty lady?"

He turned towards me and I resisted the urge to snap back at him. 

"I'm Yumei." Yumei called quietly in English. Jake continued to try to get my attention and I continued to ignore him. 

"Park Jisung," He was the one who threw the light ball at me, "And I'm sorry I attacked you."

He spoke it softly towards me.

"Cha Sae Eun," I didn't direct it to anyone, more like an general announcement, "Cheolseok-ah?"

I asked quietly and he looked up at me. 

"Mook Cheolseok. I'm why your powers aren't working." Collectively we looked at him, either in confusion or disbelief. 

"Yeah, like you could take away my powers. Good one," Jake scoffed before crossing his arms and leaning back. 

"My power takes away other powers," He stared Jake in the eye, almost challenging him, "There is nothing you can do about it either."

The two of them stood but Cheolseok was just taller than Jake. 

"You think you can make something about it?" Jake challenged back. 

"Knock it off. You're both acting like children." I snapped yet they didn't back down right away. Cheolseok was the first to break contact and sit back down. 

"Guyss I don't feel too good..." The girl who was looking for a way out looked paler than normal. Her knees dropped out from under her and she hit the ground. 

"What happened?" Jake called. He went to her and tried to wake her, "Hey!" He kept nudging her but she didn't move. 

"Maybe she..." I started but she started seizing. 

For a second no one moved but it was Jisung who actually reacted first. He whipped off his shirt and had it balled under her head before I could react. 

"What wrong with her?" Jake demanded but everyone was still not moving. 

"Get the door open." Jisung snapped and Cheolseok reacted. He and Jake started pounding on the door and hollering but it didn't open. 

The girl started getting worse, causing Miyun to start freaking out. She went over by the others to pound on the door. I was still the only one not doing anything. 

Out of no where the door swung open and a young boy came in. 

"Is it true?" He faltered in his steps, looking around the room. 

Jisung scooped up the girl in his arms and all but ran from the room. Cheolseok and Jake watched them leave and Yumei followed them out. 

"Wow, I can't believe this is real." The boy stood in the room, stunned. "I... It's just so..." 

"I'm out," Jake called as he walked away, "Let's never do this again." 

"Is this... How?" Chelseok sighed deeply before sitting back down in a chair. 

"I'm... Are you ok?" I asked him quietly. When he nodded I stood, "Do need help dealing..."

I motioned to the boy, still looking around the room wildly. 

"No, I can deal with him, I've done it before." I nodded before leaving as well. 

「MINTLEAF DESIGNS」