Day 2

12 Days of Ficmas

"It's gonna snow today, it's gonna snow today," Jongin mumbled.

 

He had been staring out the window for the last fifteen minutes. Minji had heard her boyfriend mumble

those same words all week. At first it was cute. Her boyfriend had still retained that childlike enthusiasm for the holiday season. She was surprised how important it was to him that there was snow on the ground for Christmas Day.

 

But slowly, the charm had worn off and now, well now Minji was just concerned. Jongin's mumbling had gradually become more desperate and his frustration had become more present. He would bite his nails as he looked out the window, check the weather app on his phone practically on the hour and he goes so far as to email their local weather station. It was now the 24th and there was yet to be an inch of snow.

 

"Tonight, it will snow tonight," Jongin proclaimed.

 

Minji sighed. She really hoped it snowed.

 

“Come on, Jongin,” she called to him, “Get away from the window, you can’t will the snow to fall from the sky.”

 

“But it will Minji,” he said, still looking out the window.

 

“Okay, but aren’t we going to have lunch?” Minji responded. It was close to noon and even though tomorrow was Christmas, they both still had gifts to purchase.

 

“But look at those clouds Minji,” Jongin said finally turning away from the window. He walked over to Minji and took her hand, bringing her to the window. He wagged his fingers at the sky.

 

“Look at those clouds! They’re way to close to the ground. It’s definitely gonna snow today,” he said.

 

Minji shook her head and chuckled.

 

“Fine, it’s gonna snow, even more reason we should eat and get going,” she said looking up at her boyfriend.

 

Jongin smiled down at her.

 

“My girlfriend is so smart,” he said giving her a cheesy smile.

 

Jongin trapped her in a what could only be considered a bear hug and peppered her cheek with kissing, causing an eruption of giggles from Minji.

 

“Jongin!” Minji cried out between giggles.

 

It didn’t snow that night.

 

"Rain?! It's supposed to snow!" Jongin yelled

 

Jongin stood in front of the window, glaring at the rain falling on the ground.

 

Minji, still in her room, jumped as she heard her boyfriend start yelling again.

 

“How? How? How is it raining? It’s below freezing, it should NOT be raining,” he started. “It’s December! The end of December, it’s practically January, the middle of winter!”

 

Jongin open the window and stuck his arm out the window, his arm becoming drenched. He pulled his arm back in, staring at his arm, as if trying to decide whether his arm was actually soaked in water.

 

Minji poked her head out of her room. She knew it wasn’t going to snow, but she couldn’t bring herself to tell her boyfriend.  She walked toward him, they were both still in their pajamas. Jongin still refused to look away from the window. 

 

Minji could hear him muttering.

 

“This isn’t right. It should snow,” he repeated.

 

Minji wrapped her arms around his waist and buried her face in his back. Even though she didn’t know why it was so important to her boyfriend that it snowed, she tried to do her best to comfort him.

 

“Maybe it’ll snow later,” she offered.

 

“But it was supposed to snow Christmas morning,” Jongin groaned. “It was gonna be perfect. The snow would be outside, we could go ice skating after breakfast here, then go visit friends and have snowball fights. You would be all bundled up in your big jacket, your scarf would cover half your face but you would be stubborn and refuse to wear a hat because you spent to much time on your hair to mess with it. I even got you earmuffs, I was going to give them to you so you could see what a caring boyfriend I was.

 

I would hold your hand because my hands could keep you warmer than any gloves could. As we were out, your nose would get red from the chill in the air and I would you Rudolf. You would tell me stop teasing you and I would give you kisses on the nose to make up for it. We were supposed to have our perfect winter wonderland,” Jongin finished with a pout.

 

Minji eyes widen and lifted her head from Jongin’s back.

 

“Jongin look at me,” she said.

 

He quietly turned around to face her, his pout never leaving his face.

 

“Jongin my perfect winter wonderland is any day of winter with you,” she said with a smile.

 

“My adorable, kind, sweet, caring boyfriend who apparently had a whole day planned without telling me. My boyfriend who knows me so well as to predict just how I would need his help. You make my Christmas perfect,” she said as Jongin blushed at every word.

 

“But still,” he grumbled, “Snow would be pretty.”

 

Minji laughed.

 

“Sure, but now I have a good excuse to keep you all to myself,” Minji said with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

 

“Come on, we’ll make breakfast and then we can watch old Christmas movies as we open presents, I want to see if those earmuffs you got me are cute,” she said with a giggle.

 

Jongin chuckled.

 

“Of course they’re cute,” he declared, “What kind of boyfriend do you take me for?”

 

Minji smiled at her boyfriend.

 

“Merry Christmas Jongin.”

 

“Merry Christmas Minji.”

 


AN: Hi!!! More fluff because I'm in a fluffy mood. 

Enjoy! ^.^