Day 1

12 Days of Ficmas

Minji was washing dishes in her kitchen when she heard a frantic knock on her door.  She put down the plate in her hands and tried to remember if she was expecting anyone. It was finals week at her university and most of her friends had hid away in either a coffee shop or a library to study. 

 

"Is that Jieun?" she asked out loud.

 

She turned to look at her stove clock and read 1:34 pm. No, Jieun had told her she would drop by after her final which had started at 1:30pm, it

couldn't be her yet.

 

Thump! Thump! Thump!

 

The knocking had turned into banging on her door.

 

Minji ran from her kitchen.

 

"Coming!" she yelled as she quickly closed her bedroom door and ran towards her front door.

 

The thumping continued until she opened the door.

 

"What?!" Minji yelled.

 

A body pushes past her, grabbing her arm and shutting the door behind her. It's only then does she recognize her rude intruder pacing around her living room.

 

"Jongdae? What the hell?!"

 

He turned sharply, startled by her tone of voice.

 

"Whatever happens, whoever comes knocking, I've been here for at least an hour," he said gravely.

 

Minji's eyes widened.

 

"Jongdae what did you do?"

 

"Minji, swear to me, no matter who comes knocking, no matter what they say or do, I was here since noon," he pleaded.

 

"Fine, yes, but what did you do?"

 

Jongdae turned away from her. His shoulders were rigid and his hands would not stop fidgeting. Minji had never seen her friend like this. His usual carefree demeanor was gone, replaced by paranoia.

 

When Jongdae turned back towards her, his face was pale and his brow was furrowed when he spoke.

 

"You know that the new Star Wars movie comes out this weekend, right?" he started.

 

Minji nodded. She had plans to go watch it on Sunday.

 

"I won a free ticket to watch a prescreening today," he said.

 

"You went to an early release and now you're banging on my door?" she asked incrediuosly. That was not a good reason to come barging in on her.

 

He looked down before admitting, "I promised Sunyoung I would watch it first with her."

 

Minji eyes widened.

 

"You ed up."

 

Jongdae slumped onto the couch and put his face in his hands.

 

"But wait," Minji asked "Why did sprint here?"

 

"Sunyoung saw me coming out of the theater."

 

Minji shook her head. She knew it was only matter of time before her friend got what was coming to him. One does not simply break a promise with Sunyoung Park.

“Do you know if she followed you here?” she asked?

“I don’t know,” he said. “All I remember is seeing her and bolting. Your place was the closest place I could think of.”

Minji couldn’t believe that he decided to try and hide at her place. Not that he wasn’t welcome to but that he couldn’t have chosen a more inconvenient place to hide, for more reasons than one.

“Jongdae, calm down for all you know she didn’t even see you and you’re over reacting.” She said, trying to calm him down.

Jongdae stared at her. They both knew that Sunyoung had seen him. Why else would he be so panicked?

“Okay, so what if she did see you? All she saw was you coming out of the movie theater she has no idea what movie you went to watch,” she reasoned.

“There were posters for the early screening everywhere Minji. The only movie playing at that time was Star Wars 8.” He deadpanned. “And it doesn’t help that I ran like crazy here.”

Minji rubbed her neck. What could they do? She couldn’t hide him here forever. Sunyoung would find him in no time and she had plans later.

“Well, let’s think about this. How long do you think you have before my bestie gets here and kicks your ?”

Knock, knock, Knock.

They turned to the door. They both knew Jongdae’s reckoning had come. It Minji turned to Jongdae and tried to decide whether she should prolong the inevitable or open the door.

Minji took a deep breathe. There really was only one thing to do.

Minji stood up.

“No, Minji, please,” he pleaded.

“I’m sorry Jongdae,” she said and reached for her door.

“No, please don’t-“

The door opened to reveal a seething Sunyoung. With clenched fists, Sunyoung stomped toward Jongdae.

Minji found herself wondering if she was going to punch him right then and there.

Jongdae stood up and started backing further into Minji’s apartment.

“Sunyoung, please, be reasonable,” he begged.

“Reasonable?” she started, “Reasonable would have been waiting for me to see the movie with you Jongdae. You know, like you had promised.”

Jongdae paled.

“Come on it was an early screening. How could you say not to that?” he tried to explain himself.

“Do you now why I was there Jongdae?” she asked.

Jongdae glanced at Minji who was still in the living room. He had not stopped backing away and had almost passed Minji’s room. He put every ounce of effort in this glance to silenty beg for help form Minji, anything at all.

Minji was surprised Sunyoung hadn’t started yelling and hitting Jongdae yet, but this quiet anger was terrifying in its own right. She didn’t know what would finally set Sunyoung off, but she knew she couldn’t make anything better. It was best that she just let things happen. There was no help for Jongdae.

“I was there to buy tickets to tonight’s midnight viewing,” she answered herself, “because I knew neither of us would want to wait till this weekend!”

Sunyoung’s anger had finally boiled over and she lunged at Jongdae, swinging both of her arms at him, trying to hit any part of him she could reach. Jongdae tried to dodge as much as he could but she finally grabbed him by the ear and proceeded to pull him out of Minji’s apartment.

“I’ll call you later Minji,” she yelled over shoulder as she left the apartment.

Minji blinked. Finals week makes people act even more crazier than usual.

Minji shook her head and closed the front door.

When she started washing the plate she had put down earlier, her bedroom door opened. A tall male stepped out while rubbing his eyes.

“Did something happen?” he mumbled, still rubbing his eyes. “I thought I heard banging on the door, but I wasn’t sure if I was dreaming or not.”

Minji walked over and gave him a hug, which he readily accepted, leaning down to place his forehead on her shoulder.

“Nothing happened, just our friends being dramatic,” she responded gently. “I’m sorry they interrupted your nap.”

He lifted his head and Minji saw him pouting, his eyes still not fully open.

“So I wasn’t dreaming,” he said.

“Nope, but you can go back to sleep,” she offered.

Still in each other’s embrace, he furrowed his brow.

“You should join me, I know you’re tired too,” he said.

Minji sighed, she still had a few more chores she wanted to do, but the thought of cuddling with her handsome boyfriend was very tempting. It was her turn to pout.

Deep in thought, she didn’t see said male peering down and grinning at her. She was caught by surprise by the quick kiss he placed on her lips.

“Jongin, you know I still had things to do, and if we want to make the midnight showing of the new Star Wars movie, I need to be done with them and I want to study for my last final,” she said.

“Come on,” he whined. “Just take a small nap with me and then I can help you with your chores and other stuff. I’ve missed you this week.”

Minji sighed, she really had to get better at saying no. Maybe it was because of how drained she was from her exams, but a nap did sound like a good relief from her week.

“Fine, but I’m setting an alarm. None of your two hour naps.” She conceded.

He chuckled.

“But those are the best.”

“No, Jongin.”

“Fine. What were our friends being dramatic about anyway?” he asked as they walked into Minji’s room.

“Jongdae saw the movie without Sunyoung after they had agreed to watch it together first and Sunyoung found out,” she said.

“Damn, at least we know we won’t see them tonight,” he said. “That might not be the best way to tell them we’re dating.”

Minji scoffed.

“Sunyoung would have my head for not telling her. But enough chit chat, I’m tired,” she said as she lied down on her bed.

Jongin joined her, giving her a peck on the cheek as she cuddled her.

Finals week was almost over, but first a nap.

 


 

AN: Hi guys, it's been a while. But I hope you enjoy my first fic. Is anyone else excited for the new Star Wars movies? I sure am. I realized that this is the first time i've written a (slight) KaiMinzy fic, and I don't know why, they would be freaking adorable together. I had this scenario in my mind of what happens when friends barge in on you because of somehting dumb they did. I don't know if I make sense. But the first fic is my first attempt at trying to write a more funny(?) scene with a bit of fluff at the end. 

Thanks for reading! \^.^/