THIRTY SEVEN

The Apprentices: Exchanged (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Emergency

 

“Are you sure you know where you are going?”

Chen asked her for the third time and Joo can’t help but want to slap him.

He dares to ask her that question when she; like himself, have never step a foot on this continent

It’s abandoned, even for the Awaians they don’t have the courage to visit it.

For the first time (she ignored him for the first and second time he asked), she answered.

“Yes of course! Even though we’re in the middle of a ing forest with no signs or anything; my powers will 100% detect your friends in no time in the vast continent”

She said in a chirpy tone sarcastically. Joo had enough, not only he kept pressuring her; he has a blade on his hand if she ‘tries’ to do something funny.

It was on his hand before but somehow, she finds the blade on ; his other arms circling her body, arms under his.

“Look, we don’t have time to waste. Do I look like I have the mood to play around, Joo?”, Chen hissed near her ears and she could feel anger radiating all over him.

This is the first time that she saw him being serious. Every encounter that they have, he's always in a playful and mischievous state; she can't lie that she's actually taken aback by his sudden anger.

Did she finally push his limits?

However, Joo refuses to let her guard down, she lets out a scoff and leans forward. The blade now touches her neck; grazing her skin and that made Chen pull away in shock.

"What the hell!", he shouted and glances at his blade, there's a bit of blood smeared on it and he immediately lift his head up to stare at her neck.

Joo remained unfazed as she raised her eyebrows at him, not minding the small cut on her neck. "About time you actually threaten me with that. I was actually thinking that you may have gone soft on me"

Chen closes his eyes and took a deep breath.

'Relax, relax', he chants in his mind.

"Joo, could you please cooperate?", He finally begs as the last resort. He opens his eyes just in time to see her touching her cut. He sighs and grabs his shirt, ripping off a part of it in a blink as he talks. "I know you don't want to be here; who wouldn't? Being forced to go with an enemy is the last think that you would do but I know that you are as curious and confused as we are. Let's set that aside for now and focus on the goal"

Joo crosses her arms, "Do we even have the same goal?"

Chen then takes out a bottle of water that Suho managed to supply for them and offers it and the cloth from his shirt to her, "Wash your cut and wrap it up. It might get infected", he said but instead, she continues to frown at the things.

He offers once again, "If you don't accept this peace offering, I'll do it myself."

Joo finally grabs the things and do as told, grumbling as she does it. "You didn't even answer me, jerk"

Chen stares at her as she carefully washes her cut sloppily; that made him noticed a few things as well.

He saw old scars and scars that is in the process of healing and by that, he assumes that she had been trained in a harsh way. Perhaps all of the people in her team had been trained in that way to actually reach the guardians' level of fighting in terms of physical and by using powers.

"Well, if we don't have the same goal then you won't stay", Chen finally answers.

Jackpot, he's right.

There's no other reason if it wasn't for that. Joo really wants to know the truth, it's not that she's being brainwashed by their claims and stories but it's the fact that they are so determined to find the princess like they are makes her realise that something is not right.

Stories from her ancestors told that it was the first generation of guardian who kept the royal blood hidden to take over Elyxion but they never mentioned whether the next generation of guardians knew about it.

When Joo finally finishes, she lifts her head up and stares at Chen who's waiting for her to say something. She then sighs and said, "I could only detect your friends if they are currently using their powers or if they have used it on something"

"Will you be able to detect fire that Chanyeol made?", Chen questions.

The sun is about to rise; it is still dawn but it's not impossible that the firepit Chanyeol made is still going. They just need to find them soon in case they decided to move to a new location.

"Then we'll have to hurry, will you be okay if we jog?", Joo immediately flinch when she realises that she asked him if it's okay. She could've just said that they *will* jog; instead she asked for permission

Where did that come from?

She shudders at the thought of actually being nice to him for once.

Thankfully, instead of making fun of her, Chen nods and said, "Lead the way"

Maybe he's too worried about his friend to realise

It took them 2 hours to finally find the firepit that Chanyeol lit.

However, what remains were just sparks of it and none of them were there.

They have left and they were too late.

Chen didn't give up though; he noticed that the fire pit seems to be extinguished not long after their arrival, maybe half an hour or more?

Hence, they continued to search for them by calling names as they go; of course Chen is the one shouting while Joo tries to detect their powers.

Hopefully, someone does use their powers for some reason.

 

 

It was around 7 to 8 in the morning when Haneul woke everyone up. She did earn a few annoyed grunts and grumbles from a few but that didn't make her waver, she will have to drag them to their feet if she had to.

She did that to Kai because the guy didn't want to wake up; always begging for 5 more minutes of sleep but she's not having it.

He was the one who promised Sehun to meet as soon as the sun rises.

Haneul actually picks him up and had to use her wings to carry him up to his feet, she even threatens that she will carry him all the way to the sky and drop him if he doesn’t wake up

Thanks to that, they actually arrived on time.. well not really. Maybe they were one hour late because as soon as they arrived, Sehun and the people in his group was already there sitting on the ground as they wait.

Shadow's presence shocked the other group and they all gasped; some in disbelief while the others in excitement.

"So it's true? Thats.. that's a real ing dragon?", Baekhyun said out loud and Sori laughed. "He's very much real, Shadow say hi to our new friends"

Shadow flashed his toothless grin as practiced and Sori can't help but felt relief that this time, it actually worked.

She had enough with people trying to attack the poor dragon.

The siren can't help but feels overwhelmed by the amount of people gathered at one place, there’s like what.. 12 people including her? Make it 13 if she includes Shadow in and it felt like a gathering.

To think that they have to travel in such a big group? Not to mention that there's still people who they have yet to find, it's very overwhelming.

As soon as the two groups met, the place erupted with noises as they talk about what happened for the past few days of not meeting each other. It was chaotic but in a good way.

Kyungsoo immediately pulls Aecha into a hug, kissing the crown of her head as he asks whether she's been well or not. That earns a few teases from the guys and whispers among newcomers

"Are they officially dating? I thought Xiumin and Inna were the only couple", Yeseul asked Haneul quietly and the faerie simply shrugged her shoulder. "Wrong person to ask to be honest, I rarely see them being together"

Chanyeol heard this and came over to in, "They started dating during Deldara's flower festival, they actually have been liking each other for a while and god, it was painful and frustrating to see."

"They were that slow?", Yeseul asked and he nods, half-laughing as he continues. "It's funny how Xiumin made his claim on Inna first, well they had history before.. it was tragic but I'll save that story for another time"

Chanyeol had to stop himself from telling the story how Xiumin got tangled in a mess with the twins before because it is indeed a long story to tell. Maybe when everything is settled he would.. they're too occupied to even breathe peacefully to be honest.

They kept staring with warm smiles when they saw the ever so quiet Kyungsoo held Aecha's face as he comments how pale and tired she looks. When she told him that it might've been because she used up almost all of her energy to pull Baekhyun out of his dreams, Kyungsoo just sighs and softly scolds her for making him worry but at the same time; he praises her for doing such a great job.

Aecha has finally trained herself to her full potential; to think, she started off with no knowledge of her powers and chose to hide it-- hiding among commoners.

He's very proud of what she became to be.

Chanyeol then shudders, "If only he treats us sweetly like that. All I receive are hits on the head from him"

"You annoy him too much, that's why", Yeseul deadpanned. "But they're really sweet, I'm kind of jealous", she later on comments as she stares at them with a smile.

On the other hand, Haneul fidgets on the side as she tries to hide her red ears with her hair. Speaking about couples made her remember Sehun's out-of-the-blue confession the night before.

She stole glances at him afterwards; he's currently trying to keep Baekhyun from touching the dragon. Shadow doesn't seem to like his attention very much; the dragon then hides behind Sori and huffs in an annoyed manner.

Haneul's lips almost curled into a soft smile upon seeing Sehun laughing at Baekhyun being ignored by the dragon but she immediately stops herself when she realizes.

Work first, dating second-

Haneul shook off the thought from her head, did she really consider that?

"You okay? You seem like you have a lot in your mind, you look like you panicked a bit there. Do you want me to call Yixing for you to calm down a little bit?", Yeseul suddenly offers her, her eyes filled with worry as she puts her hand on the faeries' shoulder.

Yeseul caught her panicking over her emotions and that made Haneul flustered.

"No it's fine, just tired", she waves her off and walks away.

It's getting noisier as time goes by and that is when the oldest noticed that they've been staying at that place without any progress for one hour.

Xiumin then quiets everyone down by blasting snowflakes from the sky; he has tried to make everyone silent for 5 minutes but none of them listened as they chat away

That immediately grabs everyone's attention; soon, the oldest finds that almost everyone is staring at him.

"What is this? Are we getting a speech by our oldest?", Baekhy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter