we did it

Our 50:50 Situation

D – day. Dan practiced for the last time and ready to go. Namjoon smiles to her, telling her that ecerything’s gonna be fine. Inhales, exhales. They called Namjoon.

 

“how was it Hoseok? Did you record it? I want to watch it, NO. Don’t. Namjoon is going to kill me. Save me Hoseok-ah” Choi Dan walks around Hoseok without hearing any answer from the boy. Hoseok closed his eyes put his hand on her shoulder. “calm.down.girl. you did your best. Namjoon is just helping his juniors right now, see? He won’t kill you.”

 

Choi Dan runs to the toilet and hide herself. She can hear well that it’s the time to announce the winner. And yet she decides to close her ears. Her phone rings, Jung Hobi. “. What?! I don’t wanna come out. Haha, no, you can’t come  inside women toilet-“. And yes Hoseok just come and push the door open. Thankfully no one there except Dan.

Hoseok drags Dan in front of smiling Namjoon. She shakes her head and apologuzes to Namjoon out of nowhere. Namjoon squats down to her level and searching her eyes, but her eyes can’t be found since she bows her head. “hey, what’s wrong? Dan-ah, we’re so lucky that we got the second position. We did great!” Namjoon said. Choi Dan paused her shaking head,”wh-uh? Second? So we won? But how? Haha! You just lied Kim Namjoon. I knew it”

 

Hoseok, Dan and Namjoon. They make a circle with the trophy in the center. Yes, now I can produce more songs. What is this? So I won’t die today?. What the hell these two thinking about. Hoseok speaks up,”yahh guys! Just talk! I can’t read your minds. Just.talk.okay! aish, I’m leaving”

 

Namjoon put the trophy on his table next to his other thropies. He sit down and smiles to Dan, he takes out an envelope and put it in front of Dan,”this is what you want. Win win situation. Our deal”. Dan is looking back and forth between Namjoon and the envelope. “you can just pay for my work. This is for you, you did 80% of it” she said whilst smiling. “hmm, then I’ll pay you and give you a half of the envelope. Don’t reject it, you gonna hurt my generousity.”

 

Rare for them to meet each other since they went to different classes. But they keep in touch with Hoseok’s help of course. Namjoon just can’t get over her and Hoseok helps him to realise his feelings to Dan. Even if Namjoon shows how care he is, he feels that Dan rejects his kindness and feelings. “Hobi-ah, should I just explain and confess to her?” namjoon sips in his soda and eyeing Hoseok. The boy is not sure yet.”I support you but I told you that you know her is not enough. She is really deep. I’ve been friend with her since junior high school and I still don’t understand a half of her

 

But Namjoon can’t held his feelings when he saw Dan laughing with other man. Namjoon asks to meet up. After chatting for almost an hour, finally Namjoon looks up and ready to tell her. “Dan-ah, there’s something I want to say”. She smiles and nods her head telling him to go on.

“we’ve been working together. We’ve done our best together. I found out that..you’re really special”, Choi Dan frowns, what is he trying to say? No way. “I have a special feelings for you, do you want to go out with me?” namjoon pressed his drying lips in a thin line. Dan fix her position and blinking hard,”sorry Namjoon”. “you can answer me later, after you give a think about my confession” Namjoon said worrying her sudden answer.

Her heart is hurting. “No. I don’t have to answer it later. I can’t accept your feelings. I appreciated your kindness these times. But I, can’t. if you ask my reason. Just think that you deserves someone so far better than me”.

 

“what she said?!” Hoseok gritted his teeth. Namjoon isn’t productive since he got rejected that day. He keeps himself in his room while writing lyrics. But the lyrics really don’t make a sense. Hoseok pats Namjoon’s back,”I’ll ask her. you stay here. I can’t see you living like a corpse. You gotta fine your energy again and give me pizza Joon-ah”

 

Hoseok crossed his arms while waiting for an explanation from Choi Dan. She smiles and takes a deep breath. “you knew it Hoseok. I don’t have to explain more”, she said and stands up ready to leave. But Hoseok stops her,”is it the same reason from before? When you reject me? But I know you like Joon too. Dan-ah, it’s the time to open up. He’s nice, you can believe him”

 

He got rejected after knowing her for three months in the seventh grade. At first he was embarrassed to meet Dan. But he found out how her reason was actually acceptable. Hoseok tried to befriend with her again and getting more understand since they keep growing up each days. In the eleventh grade, that was the first time Choi Dan explained her reason. Finally Hoseok stopped to guess what’s on her mind. it’s easier when you have no special feelings to each other so you can speaks comfortably.

She woke up earlier than mostly student to prepare breakfast for her younger brother and her grandma. Went to school, working part-time, and other things. Then her grandma passed away and her step mother took his younger brother with her. she couldn’t and gave up to find him. After that hard circumstances she started to work harder to keep her llife busy so she doesn’t have to feel the pain of losing. She rejected Hoseok too, because she was afraid that she can’t be there if Hoseok need her because she’s too busy covering her pain.

 

 

“that’s all I can say to you as your and her friend. I don’t know why she chose to cover the pain than let others help her. you might be thought that she’s mean that she rejected you that way, but it’s the truth. So it is up to you. I’ll support you Joon-ah”. Namjoon can’t be a coward. He runs to her,  dramatically. He made up his mind, if he’s really a nice guy like what she said. Then he should prove it to her. suddenly,”ouch! Aish!”, Namjoon stumbles upon a rock, undramatically. “ey, stupid rock. Am I this weak that I’m bleeding over this cutie rock? Let’s go to Choi Dan, my wound”.

He knocked on Dan’s apartment door and keep calling her name. but someone called him from behind,”Kim Namjoon?” it’s Dan. She tells him to sit down and come back with a box of first aid. She cleans the wound on his right knee and asked him what happened. “But you know you can just walk right ? it’s just ten minutes from your home. You should’ve called me first so I can buy some drinks. That’s what I only have, sorry” she said while indicating the orange on the table.

“I heard it all from Hoseok. Please hear me. Don’t answer me. Dan-ah, that was a hard life for someone at those ages, but please let me be by your side. Let’s fix what’s wrong together, okay? Just please accept my feelings. Be mine okay?” he said while holding her hand. She blinks and say nothing. Namjoon sighs,”why won’t you said anything Dan-ah?”. She pulls her hand and pat Namjoon’s shoulder,”please be consistent of what you said, Namjoon-ssi.”

She went to refrigerator to pour a glass of juice for her when someone sneaks his hand in her waist. “omayaaa!” she shocked and slap Namjoon’s hands away. “don’t do that Kim Namjoon. I can die from heart attack.” Namjoon smiles sweetly,”because of me? Your heart beats fast because of me?”

Dan went to sit on sofa and turn on the tv. “you can answer now. What do you think Dan-ah?” he asks whilst biting his lower lips. Without turning her head from the tv she nods her head,”let’s try it. But if I hurt you, don’t keep it. Just tell me, so I can choose whether to fix it or not”. Namjoon is actually worried with Choi Dan’s final decision, it’s kinda feel like Dan is his grim reaper.

Namjoon watch her side profile while supporting his head with his right hand. He smiles at how beautiful the girl he fell in love is. “so pretty”, he said out of nowhere. Choi Dan paused and turns her head to smiling Namjoon. “what are you doing? Aren’t you going home?” she asked with straight face. Namjoon starts to act cute,”babe~ can’t I sleep with you tonight? Joon’s knee is hurt. Joon can’t go home, hmm?”

Dan dialled someone,”Hoseok-ah, can you pick up this-“. Namjoon snatchs her phone away,”I won’t do that again. Ahh this once Dan-ah, it really hurt, please”. She laughs wholeheartedly and smiles to her boyfriend. Sure, it is fine to be free once in a time, thank you Namjoon.