working together

Our 50:50 Situation

 

Writing, tapping the pen on his chin, thinking, over and over.  “damn it’s already late and I haven’t done writing the lyrics. I should’ve asked Jungkook to sing it,” Namjoon searching all the places to find his phone. He dialed someone,”Hyung, is Jungkook and Jimin available? ask them if one of them isn’t busy this week and I need their help for my task, okay thanks”.

Namjoon is one of those geniuses in the university. well, it doesn’t mean those geniuses get no tasks. In his busy semester, he still wanted to participate in competitions. In his task, he needs someone to sing his song, since he prefers someone with a nice voice to sing it rather than he himself. Almost dozed off, the door flung open, there is Hobi, “good night! You gotta sleep, man. You look bad with that scary eye-bags”.

They have their late night talk with snacks and soda. Ugh, nice. “I know someone. She has nice voice tho, I’ll ask her, wait”, Hoseok hurriedly called someone. Namjoon put down his soda and signaling Hoseok to cancel his call. “what?” Hoseok mouthed and put his phone down. “hey, you know I can’t work with girls. I am too popular, that’s dangerous af man”.

“Hello? Jung Hoseok?”

Hoseok widened his eyes and answers the call,”oh Dan-ah, sorry to call you this late? Uhm, so you asked me last week if I have an information for a part-time job..” Hoseok stood up and keep talking. Namjoon bites his lips and facepalmed his face, good Hoseok, I’m gonna kill you.

Hoseok’s face lit up, and run to hug Namjoon. “I save you, I save you. go talk to her tomorrow, I haven’t told her what is the job exactly. So you explain tomorrow, I’m going to sleep! Joon-ah, can I use your blanket?”.

 

He forgot that he has an appointment and yet he is so damn lazy to explain. Damn Hoseok, it’s hard to work with a girl, they’re going to whine if the song is too hard and damn why do I have to be this handsome? His phone is ringing, he answered it,”oh hello?”. Running to his studio while answering the phone. His speed reduced the moment he saw someone is standing in front of his studio with her phone in her ear. The girl put down her phone and turned to Namjoon, she bowed ninety degrees,”hello, you must be Kim Namjoon, Jung Hoseok told me to come here. Oh, my name is Choi Dan.”

After talking for awhile, Namjoon gives her the paper lyrics. “this is the job, can you do it? The payment well, let’s discuss it”. He gets up to get a paper when Dan interrupted,”is this for the competition? I saw the announcement”. Namjoon paused and back to sit in his working chair,”well I don’t know. To be honest this is for my task. But yeah I registered for the competition, why?”. She holds and reads the paper, without looking at the man,”if you pay me for a task. Isn’t it too much? I mean it seems you give a big effort for the task instead of the competition.”

Namjoon smiled,”well let’s see after we’re done with the song. If it is good enough for the competition, then I’ll use it. But why are you asking?”. Choi Dan really needs money to pay her tuition, but her part-time works aren’t enough. They discussed their plan. It is 50:50 situation where Namjoon needs the certificate and Dan needs the money. Namjoon furrowed his eyebrows,”why are you so sure that we can win? May I know your reason?”. She sighs,”because we have to”. That’s all? What the hell with this girl.

                                               

 

They agreed and Choi Dan would come to Namjoon’s studio in her free times to practice or just discuss the song with Namjoon. Sometimes she just playing around when Hoseok is there. Namjoon opens the door and almost screams to see Dan sleeping on the sofa with her hairs that covers her face. Namjoon takes a deep breath and pokes Dan’s cheek,”yah wake up. Don’t sleep here, girl”. She wakes up and rubs her sleepy eyes. “you’re drooling” he said while throwing a pack of tissue.

“how is it going?” Namjoon asked the sleepy girl. She looked at him for awhile,”oh, can we change the notes in this part? I know I’m not in the place to say it but it feels a bit strange, with my voice I mean” her voice becomes tiny in the end. Namjoon took the paper and asks her to demonstrate it. After hearing the result, he agreed to change the note. Suddenly they found out that the outside is raining hard,”how do you get home now? You have class tomorrow?” Namjoon asked while peeking out the window. She shook her head,”no class, just part-time work at 10 a.m. should I just run?” she half standing up.

Namjoon pushed her head down so she back to sit. “don’t, you’ll catch a cold and you can’t participate in the competition”. Namjoon asked her if she wants a hot tea or other drinks. He put the drink on the table and she thanked him. Namjoon sipping his coffee then turns to her,”by the way, you seem worked harder than me On this project. Why?”. Choi Dan blinks her eyes and thinks hard if she should just explain everything. “I told you. I need money, in case we win. I, live by myself, ‘cause I don’t want to be a burden to my family. And I worked part-time too, getting the scholarship, and doing this project. This is secret”.

 

After that rainy day, Namjoon and Dan already cut their awkward tension, meanwhile, Hoseok didn’t expect that from Namjoon, well the man who worries to work with a girl because of his handsomeness.