Ch 1.0 Begin

Heart Left At Sea

 

 

 

 

She loved swimming to the surface just as the sun started to rise over the horizon. The water would glisten and sparkle like flaming sapphire. The rising sun would paint the sky warm hues of pink, orange and lavender. One morning as she was appreciating the sunset, she heard snippets of singing carried by the ocean breeze. The voice was clearly male and it was enchanting. She was a siren so she knew a thing or two about enchanting singing voices. She followed the voice to a cove. She watched the owner of the voice from behind a rock.

The beautiful voice belonged to a beautiful dark haired young man. His eyes were closed as he sang. She was so enraptured by his song she didn’t notice that a seagull had perched on the rock until it screeched as it decided to take off. The young man was startled and looked over at her partially hidden behind the rock. It was too late to hide.

“Who’s there?” Her instincts told her to swim away without looking back. But there was something about this human so she cautiously swam closer. She stopped a few feet away from him.

“Hello.” He stared at her with wide eyes.

“Are you a-?” he couldn’t even get the word out around his shock.

“A siren? Yes I am. But I promise I’m not here to kill you or anything. I don’t even enchant sailors or anyone for that matter. Horrible business if you ask me.” she stopped talking when she realized she was rambling. He smiled tentatively at her awkwardness.

“Oh I see. If you aren’t here to kill anyone, why are you here? ”

She suddenly felt shy.

“Well I come up here to look at the sunrise almost every morning, but I heard you singing and I couldn’t help but to follow the voice..” she said avoiding his gaze. She risked a quick glance at his face and was surprised to see that he was looking down and blushing furiously.

“Anyways, I should probably get going.”, she turned away and got ready to dive back under. His voice stopped her.

“Wait! You said you come up here almost every morning?” She slowly nodded, hope cautiously blooming in her chest.

“Then how about we meet again tomorrow? That is if you want to”, he added hurriedly.

“I’d like that. Oh my name is Melody by the way. It’s ironic, I know.”, she said smiling softly. His breath was taken away by her smile and how the colors of the dawn framed her. He almost forgot his own name.

“I’m uh Jungkook. See you um tomorrow.”