They Say Love Is Blind

To Tell Them A Story (My Gri One Shot Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He heard it started snowing today. The first snow at the beginning of December, the last month of a year where people shared joy and delight. It must be wonderful to see God's most fragile creations. However, it was still a big wonder to him, how something so cold and fragile could bring a definite warm inside everyone's heart. 

He leaned out for the first time under the snow fall. It still tasted like he used to know, the snow he meant. So good, so pure, so divine. Like a child's heart. It melted his cold heart. How came the coldness of winter be the remedy of his once cold and stoic heart? He didn’t have any answer for that.

“It's so amazing how the snow beautifies everything it covers … A beautiful blanket from the sky. The purity covers the bad things under it touches.”

He smiled at the sound of melodious soft voice behind him. He sounded amazed by the nature. 

“Well, hello, my dear boy.” He greeted the boy, smile still intact.

“Hello, hyung. It's nice to see you bathe under the snow today.” He could feel the boy was beaming at him. “I went to your room and the nurse said you were here.”

“You sound so happy today.”

"Because I am.”

“Hmm, good to know then.”

He smiled at the boy, to where he thought the boy was standing, behind his wheelchair. He met the boy two weeks ago. He never knew about him before, until he was living in this hospital for injury treatment. He got into a bad accident last month that immediately placed him into this darkness with several broken bones.

He no longer could do anything at the moment besides sitting, sleeping and staring into nothing. He was a cold person before and getting colder after the incident, but then this fluffy boy came out of nowhere and made his darkness turned into joyful days. Like a snow that was falling from the sky, the boy touched him with his warm and kind soul.

“How are you, hyung?”

“Better. I've never been so excited before.” He looked up at the sky again. He felt the coldness fell on top of his cheek. “I no longer thrilled to see the first snow of the season. But today is different. Rather than hoping I can see it, I'm already happy with feeling it on my skin. The feeling is undescribable.”

He heard the boy giggling and put something around his neck. It's a thick wooly scarf. 

“It's red.”

“What is it?”

“The color of the scarf.”

“Oh.”

“You told me you like red. I knitted it by myself.”

“You did?”

The boy hummed as he sat himself on the park near the hospital bench beside his wheelchair. He felt the boy's gloved hands embracing his arm while carefully putting his head on his uninjured shoulder.

It's warm. He's warm.

“It must be beautiful. Your scarf.”

“Of course.” The boy giggled again. “You look good on it. Better than any other high fashion designer clothes.”

He laughed. He himself was a famous fashion designer, before he was stuck in this kind of situation. 

“Are you mocking me?”

“I'm just saying the truth. I can do better than you.” 

He put his cheek on top of the boy's head. “I can feel it. You did well.”

“I always do.”

Jiyong smiled. Seungri, the boy, was the real definition of love. And Jiyong knew he fell in love with this faceless boy from the very first start.

They said love was blind.

Literally, for Kwon Jiyong, a famous fashion designer behind Peaceminusone clothing line.

 

x

 

It's colder than usual, the night he came home. He finally be able to walk, even though still slower than it used to be. He could hear his mother downstair starting to unpack everything they brought to hospital. She did it quickly as she said she had promised to attend his sister's new shop branch opening. He smiled nicely at her, like a perfect son everyone thought he was, and told her he would be fine here, inside his lonely apartment, alone.

Besides, Seungri promised him he would visit. Maybe they could cuddle till morning come. He grinned at the perfect idea.

His mother bid him good bye. She kissed both of his cheeks and promised she made another stop tomorrow along with his busy father and sister. He nodded at the promise. He missed his family after all, they rarely spent time together. Not until a fast car crashed into his car from the opposite way and almost made him losing his life, forever.

At nine, Seungri came. He brought cake. He said today was his birthday. Jiyong promised him a gift soon, but Seungri was feeling more ecstatic to the idea of cuddling till morning with Jiyong.

“I have a great present for you, hyung.” The boy snuggled on his chest as he was spooning him.

“It's your birthday. It should be me who gave you a gift.”

“It's for Christmas.”

“You love to embarrass myself, don't you? First, I didn't know today's your birthday and didn't prepare anything for you. Now, you told me you already had a gift for me for Christmas?” Jiyong grumbled. Seungri giggled as he left a soft peck on his chest.

“I need nothing from you. Just this is enough.” 

He knew the boy waited him to do something, so he leaned down and tried to catch the boy's lips. The boy tried to muffle his laugh. Jiyong missed a bit into the corner and his lips fell on the boy's soft and slightly chubby cheek instead.

“My lips are here.” Seungri whispered. Their lips were so close, the bottom part has already touched each others. Jiyong laughed lowly, slightly embarrassed.

“Right.” He pulled his head down a bit as he finally met warm lips and surrendered himself to the passion the boy managed to arouse. These full lips reminded him of a fairytale princess. But he refused the princess to wake up. He didn't want this to end so soon. He wanted to feel it for the rest of his life.

“Beautiful and perfect.”

“How did you know?”

“I can feel it, my dear boy.”

It's colder than usual, but the room felt warm. It was dark but not lonely. The world was spinning but the time stopped around them.

“What if the reality isn't as beautiful and perfect as how you feel it?”

“Then I only need to do some adjustment.”

 

x

 

The smoke from his father's cigarette never felt so heavy before. He started coughing. He suddenly felt sick, he wanted to throw up so bad. He never felt disgusted by the smoke, as he was a smoker himself. Yet he stopped lately. Seeing his trouble face and breathing, after his mother's loud warning, his father put the cigarette out on the ashtray.

“You okay, son?”

“I'm fine. I'm just –“

“Nervous?”

He got a call from the hospital today. The news should make him ecstatic but somehow he felt he wasn't ready. They found him a cornea donor. His family felt so relieved and happy. He, in the other hand, for once in his life didn’t know what he actually felt right now.

He wasn't ready to see the world once again after a month or so of blankness. But that couldn't beat how he felt about seeing his boy for the first time.

Seungri.

What's he going to say about this?

Would he be ecstatic and positive as usual?

The sun was not entirely up today, but he heard from his sister and mother rants, the snow looked beautiful outside. Gloomy but still, beautiful.

 

x

 


His bedroom was quiet and endless, but that's how two people in this room established intimacy. There was a hum of slow love song from the radio, accompanied these two souls in their hot passionate kiss on the bed. The dim lights provided them with soft reflection as the boy slip into Jiyong's arms. He moved carefully and quietly as if he was afraid he would be hurting the designer.

Jiyong smiled as he felt a head rested against his chest. Seungri smelled like sweet vanilla candle.
He liked it.

“You have a pretty smile, hyung.”

"Thanks, I guess. And you have pretty eyes.”

“I do?”

“I bet you do, too bad I'm blind.”

"Yeah, too bad you're blind.” 

Small laughter were shared in the bedroom. Another love song was played. Jiyong was singing along with it.

"Are you scared?”

“Of what?”

“You'll be able to see again. Are you scared?”

“I'm nervous more than scared.”

“Why?”

“I'm nervous of seeing your face for the first time.”

There was a heavy silent following after. Seungri drew himself closer to hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter