Chapter 1

Paper Cranes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Taeyeon, a Psychology student who believes there is more to life than what her pair of eyes is limited to see. Life; for her, it’s a complete mystery -a black hole with ending unclear. The concept of time still does not make sense in her head. Who told us that there are only 60 seconds in a minute? Why are there only 60 minutes in an hour? Why are there only 24 hours in a day? Who said that we’re living in the present? Is it actually possible that you are the past of someone’s present? What about the future? Is the future happening in some kind of alternate universe? Can humans actually travel through time? How many lives do we have? What happens when we die? Can we change our future? Our destiny? 

“Taeyeon!!”  

Taeyeon spilt her hot chocolate, breaking her mug and a hiss came out of her lips. “’s sake, Hyo.” She glared at the girl leaning in the foyer of her bedroom. She looked at the mess on her wooden floor, making her throw another glare at the girl. 

“Stupid,” Hyoyeon whispered. “Who’s going to clean that up?”  

Taeyeon put her slippers on and fixed her dressing gown. She leapt away from the hot chocolate mess and flopped down on her bed. Staring at the glow-in-the-dark stickers of the universe stuck on her ceiling, she heaved a big sigh. Of course, Hyoyeon would react with a frown, and even if she didn’t look at her she already expected it. Hyoyeon was her childhood friend so she knew everything about her. Every. Thing. They’re best friends - well, kind of. They were each other’s nemesis but both of them knew that they could count on each other through hard times. “Tiffany? She does everything that I say,” she snickered. 

Cheeky. Hyoyeon scoffed at what she said. “You’re such a little devil, Tae.” Taeyeon smiled, lying on her side to face Hyoyeon. “You know that girl is head over heels in love with you, yet you’re taking advantage of her.” 

“Taking advantage?” Taeyeon shrugged. “She already knows I’m dating someone. I mean, is it hard to say no? It’s her choice if she wants to do what I say or not, Hyo. It’s not like she’s a robot and I have her remote control.” She her hips forward, pulling the duvet she was lying on and tucked herself in. It was freezing; nothing unusual for a Friday night during winter though. “By the way, why are you here?” 

Hyoyeon cleared after being speechless by what Taeyeon said. Sometimes - actually most of the times she hated it when Taeyeon would just babble about on something endlessly and in the end still would make a point that would make her shut up. “Your girlfriend texted me. She said you’re not replying to her.” Hyoyeon monotonously informed the brunette fakely snoring away on her bed. “She said she’s coming over in 10 minutes - 10 minutes ago.” 

Taeyeon immediately perked up on her bed. “,” she hissed under her breath.  

Hyoyeon just smirked when the sound of the doorbell resonated against the walls of her room. “I’ll save your and open the door for her.”  

Taeyeon wanted to look for her phone but she realised she didn’t have enough time. In the end, she ran around in circles in her room to try to fix herself. However, it’s too late when her girlfriend made her entrance in her room.  

With her face drained of colour, mouth dry and cold sweat on her forehead, she uttered out, “Babe…” 

“You’re paying a fortune a month for your phone’s plan but you can’t even be bothered to type a simple reply?” came her girlfriend’s cold reply.  

Taeyeon just took a deep breath, surrendering. She took small steps towards her girlfriend; each step was heavy and hesitant. She thought, would it always be like this? Would she forever be scared of her girlfriend? Would she forever kiss her feet for forgiveness every time she would do something that would not please her? She’s tired of it. She felt like she’s not in a romantic relationship anymore; rather she’s tied, stuck in this suffocating relationship of two yea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter