2/4

Texting the Scammer

Ever since she was officially introduced to Taeyeon, Tiffany had spent the last ten minutes observing the girl. There hadn’t been much interaction between them since Sunny and Taeyeon’s mutual friends had taken Taeyeon’s full attention before she could get another word in.

 

“You’re interested in her.”

 

Tiffany turned to Sooyoung with the smile never leaving her face. “What makes you say that?”

 

“You’re not being very discreet, you realize that right? You haven’t stopped looking at her since she showed up. It’s quite creepy actually.” Sooyoung leaned forward to whisper, “Either make your move now or put on some sunglasses, so you don’t look so desperate.”

 

“It’s all in the timing, Soo, which I’m sure you wouldn’t know about. Remember when you asked Sunny out while she was in the middle of taking a piss?”

 

“I’m getting married to her, aren’t I? So I must be doing something right.” Sooyoung proudly responded with an elbow nudge.

 

Tiffany sighed. “That’s only because your soon-to-be wife is into weirdoes. Now watch the master at work.” Fixing the strap of her purse, Tiffany turned her attention back to Taeyeon, who was now alone by the bar from across the room ordering herself a glass of champagne.

 

As she made her way to the bar, she couldn’t help but wonder how Taeyeon would react when she found out whom she actually was. Would she be ecstatic, in disbelief, shocked, angry?

 

Midway to her destination, Taeyeon had decided at that moment to turn around, locking eyes with Tiffany. Before she could put on her megawatt smile or throw in a little wave, Taeyeon had pulled out her phone, her fingers flying across her screen in a frantic sort of way.

 

Okayy. Not suspicious at all.

 

Suddenly, Tiffany’s own phone was vibrating in her bag, so she reached for it.

 

(Taeyeon): SOS!

 

Tiffany looked back at Taeyeon whose calm demeanor had not betrayed her one bit as she took a sip of her drink while leaning coolly against the counter. What an actress.

 

(Tiffany): What’s wrong?

 

(Taeyeon): I’m a loser with lack of social skills. There’s someone at the wedding that I want to impress, but I know I’ll make a fool out of myself if I try. Can you help me?

 

Help her? Tiffany would rather throw a fist at whomever Taeyeon was crushing on instead.

 

(Tiffany): I don’t know, Taeyeon. I’m not that experienced myself.

 

(Taeyeon): Please? Pretty women make me stoopid.

 

Tiffany had snickered at that, as much as she wanted to pound whoever had turned Taeyeon into such a lovesick dork.

 

(Tiffany): She’s that pretty, huh.

 

(Taeyeon): So freaking stunning.

 

Tiffany grinded her teeth together, the pit of her stomach growling with jealousy.

 

(Tiffany): What do you like about her?

 

(Taeyeon): For now? Her smile.

 

(Tiffany): That’s it? Looks aren’t everything, Taeyeon!

 

(Taeyeon): I know! I’m a ty person >_< But look at it this way, animals attract each other with a certain mating ritual, right? And since we technically are animals, isn’t it okay that her beauty attracted me first?

 

(Tiffany): YOU’RE ALREADY PLANNING TO MATE HER?!

 

(Taeyeon): What?! NO!! It was just an example! I’m just saying I like her smile, and now I want to find out more about her! Geez!

 

(Tiffany): Oh. Okay, good. No sleeping on the first date!

 

(Taeyeon): Yes, Mom. Wait, so does this mean you’re going to help me?

 

Tiffany groaned out loud. Some master she was. She was already being wingman-zoned, which was definitely worse than friendzoned.

 

(Tiffany): Fine, I’ll help. But first, can I get a name?

 

It was most definitely not to hunt down whoever it was and scare her away. And Tiffany was most definitely not lying her off right now.

 

(Taeyeon): Her name is Fany.

 

Tiffany nearly dropped her phone over Taeyeon’s message.

 

(Tiffany): Fany who?

 

(Taeyeon): Didn’t get her last name. All I know is that she’s the maid of honor of my friend’s wedding. I hope she’s single.

 

A big, cheeky smile had once again adorned Tiffany’s face. Now she definitely can’t reveal her identity just yet.

 

(Tiffany): Fany, huh? Wow, even her name sounds pretty.

 

(Taeyeon): lol, yeah. You should see her in person.

 

(Tiffany): Now I’m really curious. You make it sound like she has some goddess beauty. Bet she’s not as hot as me.

 

Was she fishing for compliments? Maybe.

 

Tiffany could see Taeyeon suddenly choking on her drink, eyes bugging out as if Tiffany had sent her some outrageous message. Wow, rude.

 

(Taeyeon): Your beauty is incomparable since it’s in a whole other level. She’s more of the celebrity/kpop-idol level of beauty? 

 

(Tiffany): Aw, that's so sweet of you to say. Thanks, Boo. I really want to meet her and you very soon. Let’s hope you’re able to impress her long enough for us to be introduced.

 

Tiffany snickered all the way to the bar.