Our Members will be Suspicious

Baby It's Cold Outside

AN: This is my entry for #JiAndGyusWintersDay :) i hope you like it! It's another "Jihoon actually likes Mingyu but there was a misunderstanding" type of story but it has fluff and kisses at the end <3  


It's not that he wanted to get out of his responsibilities, it's just that he badly needed some time to himself. With everything going on lately, he just need some quiet time to settle his mind. The practice room was no good, the performance team was using it, his own recording studio is no good either since some of the members decided to crash over. The only logical place he could think of was the dorm and that's exactly where he was. 

 

He opened the door, heaving out the heaviest sigh as if he's been through so much in the morning. Jihoon took off his coat and placed it in the coat closet, he dragged his feet all the way down the hall and into his shared bedroom with Jeonghan and Seungcheol. Jihoon connected his phone to the speakers and decided if he was going to mope around all alone in the dorm, he has to do it with his favorite playlist. He began to blast some of his favorite artists, a little bit of Drake and a bit of John Mayer and a mix of some Boyce Avenue covers as well. 

 

Jihoon burried himself on his bed with pillows surrounding him. Everything felt just a little too much for him. No, not work. Everybody knew that he could handle the work load even if he was already suffering himself. Jihoon's problem revolved more on the personal side of things, precisely, his love life. Jihoon's love life... well it was non-existent, but the thing is that he's been uneasy around Mingyu and it was bothering him to no end.

 

He tried to ignore him and put some distance between them. Maybe share a few laughs here and there but Jihoon never lets himself be touched, hugged or whatever it was that Mingyu liked to do with him from then on. This issue has gotten to a point where he had to take the day off from work just to reorganize his feelings and damn, he was struggling. He was struggling because he never felt so in love before and he never felt so strongly for one person and it just so happens that it was Kim Mingyu. Gender factor? Jihoon didn't really care but it did surprise him a bit. He had a few crushes here and there with the opposite but he never felt so awkward, nervous and flustered before, until he started falling for Kim Mingyu.

 

"Ah, It's hyung." Jihoon's ears wiggled from the voice. He wanted to crawl into a hole and hide inside until the day was over.

 

"I thought you were in the recording studio?" Mingyu asked.

 

"I needed the day off." Jihoon tried to sound as normal as possible. He looked up to find Mingyu looking back at him that made the tip of his ears beet red. "What about you? Why are you here?"

 

"I had to stay behind and clean the dorm." Mingyu drawled out, "...Want to help?"

 

"I...." And for a moment, Jihoon was sure he got lost in Mingyu's dark brown eyes and it scared him for a bit. His chest ached and he didn't want it to be in pain anymore. "I have to go." Jihoon immediately sprang up from his bed, took his things and headed straight out of his room and to the door.

 

"Wait!" But Jihoon guessed Mingyu's legs were too long and caught up with him.

 

"It's... it's cold outside." Mingyu looked a bit out of breath, he looked like a frazzled puppy. "Stay here for a while."

 

"I think I can handle the cold." Jihoon replied. He was about to open the door when Mingyu quickly shut the door closed. Mingyu's tall stature was now hovering over him. Jihoon felt nervous, he could basically hear his own heart beat producing its own original soundtrack inside his chest.

 

"Is it so unbearable for you to share the same roof with me?" Mingyu asked and the atmosphere turned heavy.

 

"W-What are you talking about, Minggu?" Jihoon just had to talk his way out of this mess, right?

 

"Stop trying to act so nonchalant about it, hyung." Mingyu explained, his eyes were looking at the back of Jihoon's head. Somehow Mingyu felt a bit confident, he turned Jihoon around making the older guy lean on the door. "Do you think I won't notice you ignoring me?"

 

"Mingyu, let me expla-"

 

"You're going to talk your way out of this and I don't want that." Mingyu felt vulnerable, it was about time he confronted his hyung. "This has been going on far too long and you don't know how much it hurts me."

 

"Stop acting like this!" Jihoon retaliated, his open hands curled into fists. 

 

"Stop acting like wha-"

 

"Stop acting like you care for me in that kind of way! It only hurts me more!"

 

And somehow everything didn't matter as the words from Jihoon's lips got through to Mingyu's ears. Mingyu leaned down and looked at his hyung straight in the eyes, he just had to know, "What do you mean that kind of way?"

 

Jihoon fell silent, he didn't know what to say or do. All he knew was that he was melting under his dongsaeng's gaze and it made him shiver. It seemed like the cold winter air outside of the dorm was a better punishment for him than the awfully heated situation he was in.

 

"Tell me." Mingyu insisted.

 

".... That kind of way..." Jihoon mumbled, "The way someone loves another person.....y'know, the way when a person's heart is filled with so much joy just by seeing the person they like or the way a person's eyes can give so much love just by staring.."

 

"I see.." Mingyu huffed. It took Mingyu a minute before closing the gap between them. Jihoon was lost for words but most of all he was lost in the situation. How did it come to this? 

 

Mingyu let his lips press on to Jihoon's longer, he wanted to feel his hyung's soft lips against his. He had hoped that Jihoon wouldn't hate what he was doing, he opened his eyes, and saw the bright red flush washing over Jihoon's cheeks. This only encouraged Mingyu even more, he started to move his lips and thankfully, Jihoon let him. Slowly but surely Jihoon started to respond, Mingyu's hands slid down all the way to Jihoon's waist and pulled him closer to his body.

 

It was like a clash of hot and cold inside of Jihoon's body. The heat from the kiss made him sweat but the action itself made his back shiver. Jihoon let himself be carried away, he knew he wanted this all along and if it was ever a cruel prank, he would let himself be laughed at as long as he got this kiss from Mingyu. Jihoon opened his eyes as the both of them stopped to breathe. His eyes were already blurry bit he could see Mingyu's gaze clearly, he stared at him longingly, like he's been feeling the same way as he was for a long time.

 

"Hyung..." Mingyu seemed a bit different, the air seemed a little bit devious, "Aren't you cold?"

 

"Actually, I'm no- Hey!" Jihoon was surprised as Mingyu carried him effortlessly. "Where do you think you're taking me?!" 

 

"Hyung, it's really cold outside. I have to take care of you properly." Mingyu said in response as he walked all the way to his shared room with Minghao, who was fortunately in the practice room.

 

Mingyu gently placed Jihoon on his bed, he wasted no time and hovered over Jihoon's small stature. Once again, Mingyu placed a deep kiss and let Jihoon play with his hair. The noises that Jihoon made under him made him a bit impatient, who knew kissing Jihoon's heated skin could make him whimper so cutely? Who knew his precious Jihoon hyung was so sensitive? And the more he thought about it, the more Mingyu wanted to have Jihoon all to himself.

 

"Minggu.." Jihoon croaked. His voice was a bit hoarse and his mind was a little bit dizzy. He has gone pass embarrassment and already acknowledge what stae he was in.

 

"Yes, Jihoonie hyung?" Mingyu asked, his lips brushing Jihoon's toned torso.

 

"I love you...." Jihoon had to say it, if not now then when?

 

Mingyu gave him the brightest smile, the smile that showed his canines and replied, "I love you too, hyung.... I have been in love with you since the day I met you."

 

"...That long?" Jihoon looked down to meet Mingyu's eyes.

 

"Yes." Mingyu chuckled, "I mean, I was just content with staying by your side but you've done something so cute and well.... the fruits of my hardwork have paid off."

 

"..... I guess....." Jihoon felt embarrassment wash over him. His ears twitched as the sound of his zipper rang inside his ears. "W-What are ou doing?!"

 

"I need to catch up to all those years of doing it with my hand, hyung--"

 

"This is too embarrassing- Yah!" Jihoon gritted his teeth as he lightly tugged Mingyu's hair.

 

"Don't worry, hyung. I'll do it so much that it won't be embarrassing anymore." Mingyu gave a smile.


 

"And that's why Jihoonie hyung will move in to the other room with me and Myungho." Mingyu explained to the members. The rest of the members sat in the living room, quiet and dumbfounded by the situation. Did Mingyu had to be graphic about his explanation, HELL NO. Did Mingyu had to explain every detail? HELL TO THE NO. But did Mingyu had to explain to them the reason for Jihoon to change bedrooms? Yes. 

 

"Y-YAH! YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THE THING IN THE BEDROOM!" Jihoon smacked the back of Mingyu's head.

 

"I don't think you're in the position to get angry, Jihoon-ah" Jeonghan 'fessed up, "I mean look at you, your neck is full of hickeys."

 

Jihoon turned red as a tomato, he just couldn't talk anymore out of the embarrassment Mingyu is putting him through.