Niel's B'DAY Special (P1)

Cuddles

Notes: This is a special chapter for our Kang Daniel's birthday. Although its already been 3 days since his birthday but I decided to write one still. And yes, its still OngNiel xDDD

 

Author's POV:

 

After what had happen for the last 2 days with Daniel being sick and all, the day for happiness and joys comes. All of the Wanna One members are chatting away, whispering and sharing ideas on their plan for tomorrow. What is so special about tomorrow? Its their center's birthday. Kang Daniel is going to be 22 years old (21 international) and they wanted to something special for the said birthday boy. 

 

"Hyung hyung...Should we buy the cake or bake them?" Daehwi ask the elder who sat with him on the couch as he scrolls through his ipad for birthday cakes. Jisung, the said elder look through him, thinking on which is better. Baking or buying.

 

"Hmm, not sure. What do you guys think?" Jisung shots up looking at the rest of s with a questioning look.

 

"Better bake them. The meaning will be much better rather than buying. Plus, it'll save cost." said Minhyun.

 

"But....it takes time to bake and don't you think it would be a bad idea for us baking here while the latter is basically living with us? The plan will be ruined if he finds out." said Jaehwan in a dramatic way, trying to not sound like he is but well he is the drama king.

 

They all stop talking for a second, trying to think of a way to distract Daniel if they still agree in baking. But if not, they'll just have to buy the cake later so they can ask them to blow the candles sharp at 00:00 tonight. A suprise birthday party.

 

"Or...I could just bring him out today and comeback at 12 midnight so everyone can make the suprise." they all jolts to the owner of the said voice that gave them the suggestion. 

 

Seongwoo was leaning against the door of his bedroom, still looking sleepy since he came back home late last night due to his late night variety show filming. He was the only Wanna One members that the PD want him to guest so Seongwoo was out the whole day yesterday filming. His schedule ends pretty late that he basically came home somewhere around 2 am and only slept around 5 am since he was busy pampering the overgrown puppy thats been missing him the whole day.

 

He yawns as he make his way towards the members and flopped down beside Jin Young, resting his head on the younger's shoulder. Eyes were heavy, but he try to fight them as he keeps fluttering them.

 

"Seongwoo ah, you should just go sleep some more. You didn't sleep much for the last 3 days." Jisung as always the worrisome eomma of the group said to the latter in a most eomma like voice so that Seongwoo would go back in and sleep in.

 

"Nah, I'm good. Thanks anyway." Seongwoo reject the offer.

 

"Okay, so you said that you'll take him out? Where to?" asked Sungwoon softly as he don't want the currently sleeping Daniel to hear him, since Seongwoo forgot to shut the door close as he eyed the room across the living room. 

 

"Yeah, thats what I said. Well, I don't know yet where to take him, but anywhere from his fine right."

 

They all nods in agreement. They know that Seongwoo is the only person and their only best option in taking Kang Daniel out to have some fun while the remaining 9 busy themself with the birthday preparations. Plus, he is the only person who can drive. Shocker, yeah they know.

 

"Than it settles, Seongwoo will take Daniel out today while we all get the ingredient for the cake, the gifts, the decorations and perhaps some guest to come?"

 

"At 12 in the night? Are you trying to start a party here?" Sungwoon throws Jaehwan the look which the younger know what it mean so he quickly said sorry.

 

"We can't go invite someone late at night for the suprise, Jaehwanie. If we want to do the party, we can do it tomorrow itself." Minhyun pats the younger's shoulder giving a light squeeze to it. He knows Jaehwan wants to throw a birthday party for Daniel and to cheer the latter up a little too.

 

"Small birthday suprise tonight, birthday party tomorrow." Jisung said smiling gently. They nods. "That sound good enough."

 

-----------

 

"So we need the team for whose gonna bake, do the decor, gets some extra food and the gifts. Seongwoo is out of the question, which leave us 9." Minhyun tap his finger on his lip, thinking on who should do what.

 

"I'm gonna leave this to you guys. I'll take Niel out at lunch, so you guys can have all the time for the preparations." Seongwoo left them and went back to his shared bedroom.

 

He peeks in to check and see whether Daniel is sleeping or awake, and thank god the younger still sleeping as he too kind of worried if he overheard all that talk they had. It'll be ruined and whats fun when there is no suprises right.

 

Seongwoo gently nugde Daniel so he could wake up as soon he check that the coast is clear, and none of them are talking about the plan.

 

"Niel ah, wake up. Its 9 in the morning. Time for breakfast...uhh, maybe lunch or brunch." confusing in what he was saying. Who in the right mind would have lunch at 9 in the morning. Maybe some busy business people would. Maybe.

 

Daniel stir, eyes starts to flutter open as he glance around the room, looking a little bit confused but then smile when he sees his favorite hyung sitting on the bed.

 

"Hyung~" he coos, sitting up straight, throwing his arm around the older's neck, cuddling close as he shut his eyes again.

 

Seongwoo could only smile at Daniel cuteness. He smiles wider when Daniel is practically rubbing their cheeks together, like a child asking to be pamper. Aigoo this big baby is really something. Seongwoo thought, letting himself being crushed by Daniel's hug, and let their cheeks still being rubbing against each other. 

 

"Hyung~" Daniel coos again like a child, and this time Seongwoo respond. "Niel ie, lets go out today. I have a place that I want to take and show you today since we don't have a schedule." 

 

Daniel jumps in glee, now he's awake and more alert. "Really?" excitement shown across his face, with that famous toothy grin of his. Seongwoo could only nods, with a smile.

 

"Okay! I'll go get ready."

 

"Ahh, but make sure you bring along your medicines. Although your fever is gone that doesn't mean you can skip your medicines. Precautions is a must." Seongwoo told the younger, he doesn't want Daniel to fall sick again since the weather outside is damn cold, so as the one of the older one in the group, he have to take care of the younger.

 

Daniel pouts but said okay anyway and went for a shower. He wished good morning to all the members he sees in the living and the kitchen before entering the bathroom.

 

From the room, Seongwoo mouthed towards Minhyun and Woojin who is standing at the front door of HaJinHwi, We're going out right now. Make sure whatever you guys are planning to do will be done before we come back. I'll make sure he enjoys the day without thinking about whats happening here.

 

The only reply Seongwoo gets from the two is a sign language of an okay.

 

------------

 

"Okay guys, we're off. See you guys tonight. Don't wait for us over dinner, since we'll be eating outside." said Seongwoo as he grab the car key from one of the writer, not forgetting to shoot them the look of You guys know what to do. 

 

Daniel says his goodbye as follow behind Seongwoo who already walk down the stairs. "Hyung, where are we going? Is it somewhere like the cafe you took me when we're shooting Wanna One Go? Uhh, is it gonna be Gapyeong again?" Daniel sound too excited since this is his first time going out of the dorm after his severely bad fever attack few days ago. He was practically bored to death due to him being sick and could only stay at home and sometime once in awhile visits the hospital because of the his bad cough and check ups. 

 

He was so glad that Seongwoo invites him out and thanking the manager for granting the older to take him out even though he just recovered from fever.

 

"Hmmm, something like that but not Gapyeong. I'll take you to wherever you want to go. And my treats." hearing how Seongwoo will be driving him to wherever he wants to go and treating him as well made him smile from ear to ear, eyes turning into his usual crescent shape.

 

Seongwoo could only chuckles, watching how the younger practically jumps all around like a hyper bunny as they walk on the street towards the car. Glad that you look happy and better now, Niel ah. 

 

------------

 

Jihoon and Kuanlin peeks through the window from their living room trying to see whether the two older man already left the compound of their dorm.

 

When they saw the jumping Daniel and Seongwoo walking along the streets, they two signals the okay to others for their mission.

 

"All clear. Seongwoo hyung and Daniel hyung is out. Now let's start." Jihoon said, turning away from the window and walked to the middle part of the living room with Kuanlin following him.

 

"Nice." said Sungwoon, he grab onto the notebook that was placed on top of the table lamp at the side and starts jotting down some things.

 

"Okay, for the cake....Who is good in baking?" Jaehwan immediately put his hand up, trying to convince the older male that he can bake. "Stop pretending that you can bake, Jaehwanie. You can't even cook properly like how you practically forgot to turn on the stove as shown in Wanna One Go S1." Sungwoon gave him the side eyes as he chuckles to the younger male, now pouting and trying to defend himself, only stop when even Minhyun who were there with him like the whole day said the same thing, demoralizing the younger even more. Everyone laughs, as Minhyun jokes and try to cheer the younger.

 

"Okay okay back to where we are discussing. Now, anyone in particular?" again Sungwoon ask, looking around the room from left to right.

 

"I'll do it." Jin Young puts his hand up with a smile. "I know a thing or two about baking, since back in junior high I used to join a baking competitions." he said shyly, rubbing his neck nervously. He was slightly blushing, kind of embarassed of his past. They all eyed him, and the stares doesn't help his poor heart. "Its not like I wanted to, I swear! It was my mom, he insisted that I should try joining the baking compet-" Jisung gave him a pat, and ruffling his hair. Jin Young look at the older.

 

"Its alright Jinyoung ah, its nothing to be embarassed about it. You should be proud that you can bake. Hell, I can't even bake anything without burning the oven or the ingredient itself." Jinyoung chuckles, slightly relax towards Jisung's story. "Okay" he said.

 

"Alright, but we need at least 2 people to do so." then Minhyun is the second person to volunteer to help. He is quite good in cooking and baking is easy as pie.

 

Sungwoon wrote down their name as incharge of baking the cake. He then ask about people who'll be incharge for getting the present. It doesn't need to be a present from each one of the members, he explained. One gift would be good enough as they know Daniel will get tons of gift tomorrow from his fans, from Wannables considering how the social media shares off the crazy gift pictures for Daniel's born day.

 

"Its gotta be meaningful, and its basically from all of us. So what to get him? What exactly does Daniel like anyway?" ask Sungwoon as he look at Jisung, as if Jisung knows what the center like.

 

"Uhh, I'm not really sure though. He likes lots of things. He have a thing for cats thats for sure."

 

"Don't ask us to get a cat, Jisung hyung. He already have his two favorite cats back in Busan." Jihoon interrupt the older, thinking about how the hell are they gonna get a cat just in one day. Of course the best answer to that is going to the adoption centre and just adopt one or just pick up one of a stray cat somewhere around their dorm, but Jihoon is not a cat person so its a pass for him.

 

Jisung could only laugh, "I'm not saying we should get him one. The kid practically love Rooney and Peter so much I doubt he want a new one anytime soon. Although that could happen but no, no cat as a present. I'm only saying what he likes...love." Jisung corrected himself.

 

"Well we have plenty of time, so lets just get whoever that can get a perfect present for him and be done with it." Sungwoon said.

 

Jaehwan, Jisung and Jihoon volunteer to find Daniel a perfect gift and Sungwoon nods, which leave the decorations and food team.

 

That automatically happens to be Sungwoon himself, Kuanlin, Woojin and Daehwi.

 

"I know a good restaurant that sells delicious foods. I'll get the food ready with Woojing hyung." said Daehwi as he volunteer for the food part dragging Woojin with him, which the older have nothing to complaint about.

 

"Okay, so Kuanlin and I will go get the decorations items. Its not that hard, since there is a lot of party shops in Seoul." Kuanlin nods, agreeing what Sungwoon just said.

 

Minhyun then clasp his hand, signing them that its time to work. "FIGHTING!" they all shouts, and all of them scattered, one by one leaving their dorm to get all the things they have planned.

 

------------

 

Meanwhile, at the heart of Seoul, Daniel who is sitting at the passenger seats went through variety of website, searching for a place he want to go with Seongwoo. Obviously the younger male have lots of idea, places that he want to go during their free time but he can't seem to decide where to.

 

Seongwoo being a good hyung, just drove around the city while he waits for Daniel to give him a place where he should be going. Sometimes lowering down the window and greets the passerby as they wait for the traffic light to turn green, making the fans who know them go crazy.

 

"OngNiel is SCIENCE!!"

"Seongwoo oppa!! Daniel oppa!!! Saranghae!!"

"Daniel oppa, Happy Birthday!!"

"Ong Seong Woo you are so handsome up close!!"

"Are you guys going on a date again? Where to?"

"Oppa, are you guys filming Wanna One Go Zero Base, OngNiel special?"

 

It keeps on going, lots of questions being asked. Seongwoo could only snicker to all the questions, even Daniel practically laugh at them. Seongwoo did answer few of them which he thinks won't hurt much or care if it went into the SNS.

 

"Hyung, we forgot to bring our mask though." Daniel finally realized as he look around the car and into his bag which he bring along with him like how he did in WOG S1. "Ahh." is Seongwoo's only reply, when he focused back on the road when the traffic light turned green. "Sorry, I completely forgot about it. Manager hyung gonna kill us."

 

Daniel giggles, and kept the smile on as he continues looking into the tablet in his hand, hoping to find the one place he ever wanted to go.

 

"Seongwoo hyung, do you by any chance know any cat cafe near by." Daniel finally gave up after about 30 minutes of looking into the tablet and still couldn't find, yes the cat cafe he always wanted to visit, he asked the older, looking at the said male focusing on the road.

 

"Hmm, I think there is somewhere around Myeongdong? Try look it up." he suggested and Daniel quickly type in Myeongdong cat cafe, and there it is. His eyes beam when what he was been looking for showed up.

 

Daniel tapping his feets in excitement, "Hyung! Hyung! Myeongdong Cat Cafe! Let's go!" he can't resist the excitement as he nearly scream in the car. Daniel love cats so much, he have lots of Rooney's and Peter's picture saved in his phone and everyday he will look into their photos when he's bored or stress out from over pack schedule.

 

Seongwoo chuckles as he gave the signal to turn left for Myeongdong. 

 

-------------

 

Myeongdong wasn't that far from where the two were before as it only took them less than 15 minutes. Seongwoo park the car right infront of the cafe and turn off the engine.

 

"Now how are gonna get inside without being notice." the two try to think of an idea, but only groan when they can't think of anything. They can just barge in without their mask but they're too exposed, who knows what freaky paparazzi will do when they see them together and having their good time. It's not like its a bad thing, the two only want to have some fun.

 

But I can't really risk exposing Daniel. The fans is still believing that he's sick in bed since there are no news about him being out of bed or well for the past 3 days. Seongwoo scratched his head on the thought. But now that the two are outside, not thinking about the media while they freely drove around the city without their mask on, Seongwoo thought screw YMC.

 

"Come on, let's just get inside. We can always ask the owner and the people inside to keep it to themself."

 

"But, we can't trust them. I mean....I'm not saying they're bad or anything. Just that.."

 

Seongwoo knows that the younger are a bit anxious at the thought of headlines saying 'Wanna One Kang Daniel and Ong Seongwoo were spotted at Myeongdong etc etc etc.'

 

"But I promised you that I'll take you out today, and you wanted to come here so..."

 

"Okay okay. Let's go." Daniel put his hand up in defeat because he knows he can't blame the older. Seongwoo already agreed in treating him today, and he means by the whole day so he can't simply say no to it, plus Daniel was feeling kind of down lately due to being locked in their dorm and not going out to check the world. So when Seongwoo offers to take him out, he quickly say yes.

 

They both eventually walked out of the car, heads slightly lowered as they quickly walked in to the cafe.

 

"Hi! Welcome to...." the waitress abruptly stop talking when she realized who the two tall men standing infront of her. She trembles, not due to cold, but due to excitement, disbelief that both Seongwoo and Daniel are visiting, without their MASK if she may add.

 

They two gave a small smile towards the girl, looking around the place with cats roaming around everywhere. Daniel was beaming his eyes the whole time. He can't wait to play with all the cats in the cafe.

 

"For two please." Seongwoo softly said to the waitress, his usual smile still plastered on. The waitress quickly direct them to their table, eyes were screaming, mouth gawking over the two idols.

 

Seongwoo and Daniel follow on as they both bowed to all the customers that was also gawking, eyes wide as they walked pass them.

 

As one of the girl in the cafe was about to take her phone out and record or take pictures of the two, Seongwoo immediately plead the girl, asking her to not take pictures or record them being here.

 

Seongwoo look around the cafe, pleading to all the customers as to how he did to the girl infront of him. Daniel do the same thing.

 

"Okay.."

"We understand, so we won't take your pictures."

"Arasso..no selcas or pictures."

"Hwaiting! I love you guys so much!! OngNiel 4ever, everytime everywhere!"

 

Daniel and Seongwoo grins, happy that all their fans (the presume) agreed to not exposed them. Being an idol and famous is hard when they simply wanted to roam the streets freely without ever wanting any pictures taken or videos.

 

The two finally sat in their seat comfortably, now looking through the menu. Daniel was grinning so wide that he sometimes complaint how his cheeks hurt to the older sitting across him, only earning a chuckles from Seongwoo.

 

When Daniel finally decide on what to get, he put down the menu and starts looking around the cafe. There are tons of cats and he cooed like a child. "Ahh kiyowo!!" he shrieks in delight, scooping up one of the cat who headed his way. He gave the cat a , pampering it as he let it settles on his lap. Then, few more went to him, meowing, playing with his leg, circling around his leg, stood up as if begging for food and many more which almost made Daniel die in happiness.

 

People say, when you love cats or when you have a cat as your pet, other cats will easily be attracted to you since you have the scent which says that you're very fond of them, and currently this is what is happening towards Daniel.

 

Seongwoo take a peek from his menu toward Daniel, watching how all the cats are slowly surrounding him and himself.

 

"Yah, Kang Daniel. What are you, cat magnet? Mother of these cats? You attract too many cats to us though." Seongwoo asks. He's is not a cat person but Seongwoo doesn't hate them. He still play with cats even though he is more to dogs, as he took one and starts scratching under the cat's neck, earning a soft and gentle purr from it. Seongwoo smiles.

 

"Said the person who love dogs over cats. It's not like you haven't attracted a group of puppies before. Ahh I remember how those puppies suddenly ran towards you like a rabid puppies, and pounced you down to the ground at the park. And then came along about 3 large ones, also pinning you down even more, and whatever else they do to you that day."

 

Daniel laughs, thinking back when the whole group took a strolls around the park somewhere close to their dorm, along with the managers and the staff of course, when suddenly a group of puppies came running straight at Seongwoo, pinning him down to the floor.

 

Boy how all of them laughs so hard at him, teasing saying that his children misses him. But damn, Daniel almost jump when he sees 3 large dogs pounced over the older out of nowhere. He thought that his hyung gonna die, but only to find that Seongwoo laughing out loud. A couples came running, apologizing at Seongwoo as they said that didn't noticed the straps around their dogs collar got loose. Then came a young girl, which also look like a straps of 6 without any dogs attached at the end of it, apologizing too.

 

"Yah whatever. At least I still play with cats unlike you Niel ah." the older voice broke Daniel out of his train of thoughts about that day.

 

"Dogs are scary. They'll leave bitemarks all over your body and who knows, you'll might end up with rabies. Not gonna take my chances." he continues the cat, smiling and humming.

 

"Not all are rabid dogs, Niel ah. Puppies are harmless, how can they give you rabies if they're harmless little cuties."

 

"Uhh, through their saliva of course, since puppies still ." he argue.

 

Seongwoo could only shook his head. "You think cats don't have saliva." he said, quirking an eyebrow as he stare at Daniel, with a smirk.

 

"They do, but its harmless." he asnwers, sticking his tongue out. "How can you tell? They might gave you rabies too." Daniel hits the older's arm playfully as Seongwoo put up a red flag of defeat, saying it was a joke, but still laughing about it, making Daniel pouts cutely at him.

 

------------

 

The two keeps on arguing about cats and dogs but not in a serious way, only playfully. Teasing each other about all sorts of stuff. Finally their drinks arrived, Daniel and Seongwoo took a selca together with the cats surrounding them as they background. The foods came minutes after that, and the two starts to enjoy their lunch.

 

Daniel bought some cat foods as well so that he can feed them while he enjoys his own meal. Seongwoo do the same, because like I said, he likes cats but not as much as he love dogs.

 

The cafe owner, the staffs and the customers all can't hold back all their talking about how cute OngNiel is with cats, or how they look like a lovely couples, or how they blurts out loudly saying they want to be those cats being pampered by OngNiel and many more, which they think Seongwoo and Daniel didn't hear them, but in reality they did but only laughing at whatever their fans are talking about.

 

The two says their goodbyes to everyone in the cafe and leave the cafe, going on to their second destinations. 

 

"Can't believe that the owner says its on him. Ahh, he's very kind." Daniel said, smiling widely as he went into the passenger seat, Seongwoo nods smiling back at him.

 

"He insist though, but hopefully he won't go talking to people." they laughs and drove away.

 

Next destination, Namdaemun Market not far from the cat cafe.

 

---------

 

End of 1st part of Niel's bday special XDD

 

I'm sorry for the typos, or error.

Too lazy to check it out hahahaha

Well, the 2nd part will be out soon so stay tune ^^

Somehow, it's not a one shot anymore lol.....