Taec, Woo, A cat and A chick

Taec, Woo, A cat and A chick

Taec, Woo, A cat and a chick?

 

Taecyeon whistles happily walking back to his home with a cake box in his right hand. There’s a newly open bakery shop near his workplace and he knows how his spouse will appreciate the cake. Jang Wooyoung, they’ve been married for 6 months, 3 weeks and 4 days, (Taecyeon counts) and his wife had been behaving weirdly as of late. Taecyeon smiles as he lift the box. Sweets are the best remedies, especially when it comes to the love of his life.

“Baby, I’m home.” Taecyeon announce, stepping inside their house.

“Welcome home.” Wooyoung screams back from the kitchen. Taecyeon smiles again. Wooyoung is probably cooking dinner. Taecyeon hangs his coat, places his shoes in the cabinet and proceed to take a shower because Wooyoung is a clean freak and Taecyeon don’t plan on being nag. Not especially since he bought cake. Taecyeon walks into the kitchen 10 minutes later with a fresh cloth.

“I bought you a ca….ke….” His voices trails off as his eyes catch an egg, sitting on their dining table, wrapped securely with a wooly towels.

“Thank you.” Wooyoung said, kissing Taecyeon back because Taecyeon stop midway of kissing him.

“Go sit down. I’m almost done.” Wooyoung instructs cheerily as Taecyeon tries hard not to frown at the egg.

“It’s carbonara tonight.” Wooyoung said as he places the plates in front of Taecyeon. He sits next to the egg. Taecyeon tries hard not to give any comments because: First, Wooyoung decides to cook for a week straight. Usual Wooyoung doesn’t do that. Period. He almost burnt their kitchen once. Second, Wooyoung had been cooking nothing but spaghetti these past week. The bright side, at least he cooked them differently. Third, why in hell is that egg get more attention than Taecyeon, his husband? It’ll be weird if Taecyeon is jealous to an egg right? Taecyeon keeps his eyes on the egg throughout the dinner, and when they’re finally done, Taecyeon can’t help but ask.

“Baby, what’s with the egg? Why is it wrapped in a towel?” He asks while eyeing Wooyoung who keeps adjusting the towels. Wooyoung looks at Taecyeon excitedly.

“Taec, we’re getting ourselves a chick. I’m hatching this egg right now so we can get one.” Wooyoung explains proudly. Taecyeon was stunted. Truly. He’s lost for words.

“What should he said as not to agitate Wooyoung?” he thought. Taecyeon swallows.

“But Woo, why are we getting ourselves a chick?” Taecyeon asks cautiously. His heart skip a beat nervously when Wooyoung pouts.

“I’m lonely. You leave me for hours every weekdays.” Wooyoung answers not keeping eye contact. He’s clearly still pouting. Taecyeon gulps. That situation nerves him. There’s usually 3 outcomes resulting from that. First, his favorite, Wooyoung sulks, Taecyeon coaxes, Taecyeon flirts, either one of them ends up and they’ll have hot makeup . Second, the same, minus the hot makeup , usually Taecyeon ends up spooning Wooyoung in his sleep and third, his worst nightmare, he’ll end up sleeping on the sofa outside their bedroom. Taecyeon swallows again. The third one is a normal occurrence recently and Taecyeon really hates the sofa. It’s too short and he’s too long.

“Baby, I thought you enjoy Luffy’s company.” Taecyeon eyes the sleeping cat who’s currently on their fridge. Wooyoung follows Taecyeon lines of vision. He pouts more.

“Luffy is yours. He only loves you. He hates me.” Wooyoung reasons. Taecyeon scratches his neck. (Luffy does hate everyone that is not him).

“Ok, I understand. We’ll get ourselves a chick. But Woo, when the chick hatch, we’ll have to put it in a cage.” Taecyeon gives up. He might as well play along since he knows if Wooyoung keeps using that method, the egg won’t ever hatch, especially if he’s not using the right egg. Yes, it seems mean to lead Wooyoung that way, but Taecyeon needs Wooyoung to give up. Wooyoung is bad with pet. Not the worst kind, but Wooyoung can’t keep his hand off. That’s the main reasons why Luffy is so distance. Luffy hates skinship.

“But why? Can’t we let Bbiyak loose? Luffy don’t have to stay in cage.” Wooyoung asks. Luffy only respond is to change the direction of his head. It seems like the egg already has a name.

“Baby, if we let both of them loose, Luffy might end up hurting Bbiyak.” Taecyeon states. Wooyoung turns deadly pale.

“You means that Luffy will eat my Bbiyak?” Wooyoung asks in horror.

“Nah, Luffy won’t. He grew up eating cooked food. It’ll be more like a case of a kid getting new toys. But cats play with their toys using their hands and their mouth. Woo, you know that Luffy has claws and sharp teeth right?” Taecyeon reminds showing his newly acquire scar, courtesy of Luffy. Luffy mew from the top of the fridge. Wooyoung lowers his head.

“You’re mean. Why do you get to have pet and I don’t?” He finally screams in frustrations and cry. Literally. Taecyeon was so shocked that he stay seated when Wooyoung run to their share bedroom. Taecyeon walks into the bedroom several minutes later with a plate of cake in hand.

“Baby, come on, stop crying. Come eat the cake I bought first. You can keep Bbiyak. I’ll find a way to make it work. I promise.” Taecyeon coaxes knowing that Wooyoung will still be sobbing in his end of the bed. Wooyoung stops and turns to look at Taecyeon.

“Really? You’ll do that for me?” Wooyoung asks, sitting down. Taecyeon sits in front of him and wipes Wooyoung’s eyes with his thumb. He leans for a kiss.

“Anything for my baby. Now, eat.” Taecyeon instructs as Wooyoung silently follows.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………...

Because Taecyeon loves Wooyoung a lot, he decides to get them a new chick pet. He sent a text to his spouse.

“Baby, can’t we just get a new chick? Why do we have to start with an egg?” He asks. Wooyoung answers in an instant.

“I want to hatch it myself. The chick will think I’m the mother when I’m the first person it sees.” Taecyeon sighs. They might as well make themselves pregnant. Taecyeon is pretty sure their baby don’t have to see Wooyoung first to know Wooyoung is his or her mother. Taecyeon sighs again.

“Ok, I’ll buy you a new Bbiyak. You’re using the wrong egg and the wrong method. It won’t ever hatch. Wait for me until I get back.” Taecyeon replies.

“Ok, don’t take too long. I’ll be worried and lonely. Luffy is a poor substitute. I love you.” Taecyeon smiles at the answers.

“I loves you too.” Taecyeon sighs for the third time when he put down his phone. Minjun eyes him curiously. Minjun, his coworker, always come to have lunchbreak with him.

“What’s with the never ending sighs?” Minjun asks after he finishes chewing.

“Woo asks me to buy an egg so that he can hatch it.” Taecyeon said as Minjun raises a curious brow. Minjun was Wooyoung’s and Junho’s high school senior. Heck, he’s the one that introduce Taecyeon and Wooyoung to each other.

“Woo had been behaving very weird lately. Is he ok? Have you not asked him about it?” Minjun said worriedly. Taecyeon rubs his face.

“I had. The last time I did, he thought I don’t loves him anymore and I end up being thrown outside my own bedroom to sleep on the living room’s couch. So, no hyung. I really hate the couch. I was there even when I don’t asked.” Taecyeon said tiredly. Minjun winces in sympathy.

“Ask Junho then. Wooyoung will definitely tell Junho.” Minjun suggest. Taecyeon nods.

“I plans to. After I’m done shopping for an egg and a right apparatus to hatch one.” Taecyeon said as he starts eating his lunch again. He hopes Junho will know because Junho is Wooyoung’s twin and twins usually shares everything with each other. Besides, Junho and Wooyoung are connected in ways it’s hard to explain logically.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………...

Taecyeon stands in front of Junho’s unit and getting the shock of his life when Junho opens up looking sickly pale. He’s a few meat shy from being a total skeleton. Despite all that, Junho still manages to roll his eyes.

“Yes, I looks super sick and no, I’m not suffering from any terminal illness. Get inside before I change my mind.” Junho instructs. Taecyeon silently follows. He places the glass box he newly bought and the egg securely on the table. Junho eyes his action.

“What crazy thing did my hyung asked you to do this time?” Junho asks knowingly after Taecyeon sits himself. Taecyeon cringes. He often wonder if the doctor that deliver the twins mistake their time of arrival because often times, Junho is more the hyung than Wooyoung. But it’s quite impossible because Wooyoung was born at 10.00 p.m. while Junho at 2.00 a.m. literally a brand new day.

“He wants to hatch a chick because Luffy’s being a jerk and he was lonely.” Taecyeon explains as best and as short as he can. That makes Junho laughs out loud.

“Typical of Woo.” Junho finishes as he wipes the stray tears from too much laughing. Taecyeon eyes him worriedly. Junho seriously looks like he’s going to crumble anytime soon. Junho sits straight up.

“Seriously hyung, bring Woo hyung to a hospital. Please.” Junho turns serious. That shocked Taecyeon.

“Hospital? But why? Is he sick? You look sicker than him Junho.” Taecyeon tries to maintain his calm. Junho smiles.

“Woo hyung is not sick. Not that kind of sick. It’s a good sick I guess. Hyung, I’m pretty sure you impregnate my hyung.” Junho said calmly. Taecyeon’s eyes widen. That was not expected. Pregnant? Wooyoung? His wife? Seriously?

“Eh, how can that be?” Taecyeon asks accidentally. Junho rolls his eyes.

“Because you had with him, duh.” Junho points out. Taecyeon manages a slight blush at Junho forwardness.

“No, no, I mean, how can you be so sure that Wooyoung is pregnant?” Taecyeon asks curiously. Hell, how can Junho knows when him, his husband has no idea at all. Taecyeon’s pretty sure Wooyoung don’t have the slightest clues neither.

“Because I had been vomiting my guts out every time I ingest anything that’s not pasta which I have weird craving for. Not to mention my back hurts, my stomach keeps on cramping and my heart burns. Typical symptoms for anyone’s pregnant.” Junho stops as he feels sudden urge to gag. He drinks some water to keeps it down. He seriously don’t have energy left to run to the bathroom. Taecyeon is deadly pale.

“H…ho…how…” Taecyeon starts.

“How can I be so sure?” Junho finishes.

“Because I’ve been single these past 2 years and I’m not a fan of one night stand.” Junho slumps back into his chair. Taecyeon stands worriedly.

“Don’t you need to go to the hospital too? Come on, I’ll send you.” Taecyeon offers. Junho waves his hand.

“No need. I’ll live. Just sent me to eomma. Despite of being sure I’ll live through this, I do afraid of dehydration.” Junho points out as he struggles to stand up.

Taecyeon was getting ready to leave when Junho calls him.

“I’ll call Wooyoung.” He said short but Taecyeon was grateful.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………

Taecyeon arrives home to a hand crossed Wooyoung standing at the entrance. Luffy was there too to greet him. Luffy circles Taecyeon’s leg as soon as he sees him.

“You’re late.” Wooyoung said practically throwing dagger with his eyes. Taecyeon gulps. He raises the glass box in his hands higher.

“This is difficult to get. Besides, I stop at Junho’s first. He’s been really sick.” Taecyeon explains. Wooyoung stops frowning as worries adorn his face.

“How is he? Is he ok now?” Wooyoung said as he pulls Taecyeon inside. He glares at Luffy as the cat hiss back.

“I sent him to your house. Now let’s set this stuff up. Our Bbiyak has been so cold.” Wooyoung looks relief for a while before excitement caught him. They set up the egg onto a platform, hang light bulb over it and enclosed it in a glass chamber. Luffy watches the glass with curious eyes and keep on meowing and Wooyoung smiles proudly. He picks up Luffy so that the cat is eye level with the egg. Weirdly, Luffy don’t resist at all.

“Luffy, we’re a getting an addition to the family. Meet Bbiyak. It’ll be a while before it comes to the world, so when it does, don’t eat it. Ok?” Wooyoung asks looking directly at Luffy. Luffy meows and Wooyoung’s nose. Wooyoung giggles happily before letting the cat go. He then turns to look at Taecyeon.

“You are one amazing husband. Do you know that?” Wooyoung exclaims. Taecyeon smiles proudly.

“I’m well aware. So, do I get any reward for my good deeds?” Taecyeon whispers. Wooyoung turns a shade darker.

“What do you wish for?” Wooyoung answers softly.

“What are you offering?” Taecyeon’s voice is a bit muffled since he’s already trailing kisses at Wooyoung’s neck.

“Let’s get inside, Luffy and Bbiyak are watching.” Wooyoung answers breathlessly as he pulls Taecyeon into their shares bedroom.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………...

“Baby…” Taecyeon calls making Wooyoung moves against him. He tries not to gasp because its morning, he’s hard and Wooyoung don’t let him pull out last night. Wooyoung moans at every slight movements.

“Yes…” Wooyoung answers slightly panting.

“Junho asked me to bring you to a checkup.” Taecyeon groans as Wooyoung pushes himself backward.

“Why?” Wooyoung asks not exactly paying attention since he has already open his legs and Taecyeon readily accepts the invitation. Taecyeon grunts.

“Because, in addition to Bbiyak, Junho thinks that you’re with child. Our child.” Taecyeon answers as he fasten his movement. He pulls Wooyoung closer as Wooyoung leans back his head to rest on Taecyeon’s shoulder. The perks of having husband way taller than you. Wooyoung moans wantonly since Taecyeon pull open his leg wider and pushes himself deeper.

“I’ll be after we finish this session.” Wooyoung remarks before both of them are caught in the moment.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………...

Wooyoung stares blankly at the positive test result. He can’t believe it. He is almost at the end of his 2 months of pregnancy and he’s not at all aware of it. He turns to his husband who’s been smiling from ear to ear since they come out of the examination room.

“Will I be considered a bad mother since I haven’t had the slightest idea?” Wooyoung asks, insecurities clear on his face. Taecyeon cups his face.

“With the way how you treat Luffy and unborn Bbiyak? Of course you’ll be wonderful.” Taecyeon answers.

“Taec, I’m afraid. I heard it’ll hurt like crazy.” Wooyoung frowns. Taecyeon leans closer so that their forehead touches.

“Don’t be. I’ll be there. I’ll accompany you. I’ll even offer my fingers for you to bit off to transfer the pain since I’m responsible for what happen.” Taecyeon said and Wooyoung manages a small laugh. Wooyoung kiss him.

“I’ll hold on to your promise.” He warns. Taecyeon smiles wide.

“Don’t bit too hard. I do want to hold my babies.” Taecyeon reminds and Wooyoung smiles wide too.