Hard to get

Girls Over Flowers (GOF)

Another chapter! Hope you enjoy!

 

--- Mina’s POV ---

Go for it Mina! It’s all going to be worth it! I thought to myself.

With a surge of courage and determination, I stood up instantly from my seat.

As I make my way towards the red hair girl, I can’t help but notice the uncountable number of eyes darted towards me.

I was feeling anxious and I could feel my legs shaking non-stop. Nonetheless, I took a deep breath and continued walking wobbly, one step at a time towards the short girl while trying my best to smile.  

 

--- Chaeyoung’s POV ---

Come on Chaeyoung!! Keep your cool man!! I thought to myself while fidgeting slightly.

But HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! WHAT THE FREAKING PUG!!! Why is this girl walking like that??? I laughed silently to myself, trying my very best not to spit my saliva out while displaying my silly face.

An image of this particular black and white animal suddenly flashed across my head.

AHHHHH!!!! Penguin!!!! Why is she walking like a freaking penguin??? HAHAHAHA!! I broke into seams of laughter which can’t seem to be stopped easily, no matter how hard I try.   

I flicked my hair trying to maintain my cool but I guess I ended up looking like someone who has been holding on to his or her for a good few days.

Yes, a constipated look.

How nerdy! I thought to myself while shrugging my shoulders, trying to erase the funny image of the girl who is now standing right in front of me.

I looked at her intently as she reached her arm out for the mic that I was holding onto.

 

--- Mina’s POV ---

I stretched my arm out fully and grabbed the mic from Chaeyoung.

I saw how she was looking at me with her eyes wide open and that actually made me even more nervous.

I took a deep breath, swallowed my saliva hard and eventually turned to face the crowd.

“WAEPONANANA GASHINA” I started singing and moving my shoulders left and right, dancing to the popular gun dance, with a serious expression on my face.

I could feel the insurmountable amount of stares and attention on me and it was driving me crazy. I waited impatiently for some reaction to cover me from my huge embarrassment.

However, there was a complete silence for a good 2 seconds after I stopped my “performance”.

The atmosphere was extremely awkward and tense.

The truth was way too blunt and clear - I didn’t manage to impress even a single person and they were all openly judging me.

Just then, I felt a nudge on my left arm. It felt as if it was an indirect call to tell me that this was not a dream. 

I turned around and looked down at the shorter girl in front of me.

 

--- Chaeyoung’s POV ---

Seriously what have I just watched! Goodness! I wondered.

“Did you actually think that that was worthy of my final invitation card?” I shot the girl in spects a rhetorical question. 

“That was bad! In fact, it was so so so bad!! Shame on you!!” I mocked, hoping to get the sense of satisfaction I’ve always liked whenever I bring people down.

I looked up at the nerd and shook my head while flashing my favorite smirk at her.

Come on cry!! Make me look as if I’m the only boss of the entire school!! I thought to myself and let out a grin.

“Please Chaeyoung! Please just give me one more chance! Just one more!” The nerd begged while holding firmly onto my arm. “I’m like TT, just like TT. Ireon nae mam moreugo neomuhae neomuhae!” She started whining and putting on a sulky face.

It was then I felt like a champion, like the king of the forest. It felt so amazingly good how someone has to beg me over something so insignificant and worthless and it made me feel as if I was somewhat higher and better than everyone else and that in turn gave me a sense of contentment and satisfaction.

“Fine. Just once more. You’re out if you fail again.” I gave in reluctantly.

She looked at me with her innocent puppy eyes and nodded slightly.

For no apparent reason, I felt my heart softening at the sight in front of me.

 

--- Mina’s POV ---

What the freak!!!! She’s so annoying! What more does she want! AISHHHHH!!!! I ranted in my heart and clenched my fist tightly.

“Endure this! It’s all for mom’s sake! You can do it Mina! Hwaiting!” I muttered softly to myself.

With a clear image of what I was going to do, I instantly removed my shoes, exposing my embarrassing penguin socks.

I started lifting myself up from the ground slowly and calmly with elegance, placing my entire bodyweight solely on my toes.

I looked over my shoulder and brought my arms close together above my head as if I was forming an ‘O’.

I started taking side steps to my right, as lightly as possible.

I took in a deep breath and looked at the slightly amazed crowd. Not bad I was already gaining some attention.

With greater confidence, I leaped gracefully and took a quick spin in mid-air.

I landed beautifully.

It was perfect.

I took a bow at the crowd and was awarded with a genuine round of applause.

I smiled widely, beaming with pride. It has been so long since I last danced ballet in front of a large crowd and it felt magical all over again.

I turned over and looked down at Chaeyoung who was already staring at me.

I must have impressed her. I thought to myself while letting out a giggle.

 

--- Chaeyoung’s POV ---

W-O-O-W-W-W Daebak!!  That was surprising! OMG!! Calm down Chaeyoung! I need to stay calm. OMG she is looking at me right now, I need to keep my cool. Come on, breathe in breathe out. I thought to myself while flaring my nostrils, trying to take in as much oxygen as I could.

I cleared my throat and smirked as a mischievous thought ran through my mind.

 

--- Mina’s POV ---

Why is she suddenly smirking at me? I thought hard to myself while my hands tremble a little from the stare that we’ve been exchanging for a couple of seconds now. She was obviously amazed by my ballet skills. I saw it! I saw her slightly-opened mouth and her enlarged pupils that were shaking with amusement. Why is this girl so hard to read?? Did I pass her test?? She better let me pass it after all I’ve done.

I broke the uncomfortable stare and looked down on the floor, waiting for the short girl to feed me with some pleasing compliments.

 

--- Chaeyoung’s POV ---

“Come! Take it from me if you can!” I teased childishly while sticking my tongue out, totally oblivious of the crowd.

I tiptoed and stretched my arm upwards, as high as I could.

I saw the nerd coming closer towards me, closing up the tiny gaps in between us.

I could smell her vanilla-scented perfume and I felt her breath as she let out a sigh, probably in defeat.

But I didn’t give in. I have to look majestic and powerful. .

I saw her trying to stand on her toes and reach out for my fully stretched arm.

Perfect! YES NOW! I thought to myself as I kicked the heel of her left foot, causing her to fumble as she loses her balance.

I stood there, with my arms crossed looking at how she was wobbling and swinging her arms frantically, trying her best to keep her balance.

Just then, it was as if s strong wind just gushed by, she started leaning closer and closer towards me, with her arms stretched towards my shoulder and BAMMMMMM! I was pushed down onto the floor without a single warning……….

 

ANDDDDDD

 

TO MY HORRORRRRRRRRR...........

 

SHE WAS ON TOP OF ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.

.

.

.

.

To Be Continued!

What would Chaeyoung do? And how would Mins react? 

Stay tuned to the next chapter!!!

Do lmk if my story is draggy/boring and do leave me comments below!

 

And...... Stay stong everyone!!! I know it's tough for a beautiful angel to leave our side but always remember all the joy and happiness he has brought to all of us. 

Hope that you are in a happier place now. You've worked hard! 

May you rest in peace, Jonghyun.