(Sad) Love Story

Lost One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Inspired by the same song with this chapter title (without the 'sad' part), from the same Epik High album. Enjoy.. : )

 

Because the heart want what it wants.

 

Sunggyu is your average twenty-one years old (soon turn twenty-two) music major college student who was in his fourth year, one more semester left before his graduation. He had collections of A+ grade, but still humble and carefree enough to play around with his friends almost every weekend.

 

He was currently working on his final project and at the same time was asked to be a TA for a music composition class. Which he gladly accepts to gain more points for his project since the same professor who asked him the favor was his supervisor for his final project.

 

That's when he met him. After helping the professor with the class attendance.

 

Nam Woohyun. Nineteen years old, second years at the same University that Sunggyu attend, but different major. An art major.

 

Sunggyu had heard many rumors about the male, and it wasn't a nice one. It was spread around the sophomore and senior since last year, that the shorter male was a man that sleep around with the lecturers to get a good grade.

 

He once heard from his friend, Howon who shared a class with the rumored male last year, that Woohyun got a really good grade for his assignments. But it was expected since his younger friend saw that Woohyun really make a beautiful installation and deserve the A+ grade.

 

But it was just another gossip for him and Sunggyu used to ignore the gossip that surrounding the male. He wasn't one that interested in another people's life anyway. He didn't know why himself, but he still remember some bit of the conversation about the infamous Nam Woohyun.

 

However, the male that sit quietly in front of him was none of what the rumor had told him all these times. No one had told him about the exquisite beauty of the reserved looking male. No one told him about the almost soulless gaze the male had in his beautiful brown orbs.

 

Nam Woohyun didn't strike him with the type of people who would sleep around to get a good grade. He looks like the type who would work hard for the result that would please him instead. The little fire in that innocent pair of eyes wasn't tainted with greed. In fact, Sunggyu never saw anyone with that kind of pureness at his age.

 

Sunggyu couldn't help but notice that the other students in the room wasn't seated anywhere near the younger male. He didn't know if it was intentionally or not, but it didn't sit well with him. He could even hear some snickers coming from the students who seated in the far back, looking at Woohyun with a dirty glint in their eyes.

 

For the first class, Sunggyu didn't have to do much besides accompanying the Professor and answer some of the questions from the students regarding the lecture. So, he found himself watching Woohyun close as to figure the male out.

 

Nam Woohyun looked almost detached from the rest of the class. No one talk to him and he didn't talk to anyone else either, save for the question he ask once about the lesson. That was the only time Sunggyu heard his voice in the span of three hours.

 

And he wouldn't admit it if anyone asks him, but he like the younger male's voice. It holds a certain warmth and passion. It triggers something, from deep inside of him. How would Woohyun sounds when he laughs? Does the gloomy looking male could even laugh at all?

 

Sunggyu was saved from his own weird thoughts by the professor's voice who told the class that their lesson for this week is over. He quickly helps the professor with the older man's belongings, but his eyes were fixed on Woohyun who was about to exit the class.

 

And their first meeting just ended up like that. With Sunggyu getting more curious of the pretty male named Nam Woohyun, while the object of his reverie didn't notice him at all.

 

Sunggyu has been subtly asking around about the younger male in his group of friends during lunch break, Hoya who shared the class with Woohyun once, Dongwoo who have the biggest source of gossip in the whole campus (since he was Public Relation major) and Minseok who befriend Woohyun's friend, Kim Myungsoo from the same Cinematography major as him.

 

But none of them satisfy his curiosity. He only hears more praise for the male from Hoya and Minseok, and Dongwoo who slightly being more helpful with telling him where to look if he wants to search for Woohyun.

 

Of course, it would be the painting room. The room that was placed in the end of the corridor on 6th floor of the art department building. Sunggyu had passed the room before and notice the whole 6th floor is actually quite empty usually. Maybe that's why he didn't bother to check the other rooms back then.

 

But now that his curiosity is on its peak, Sunggyu find himself walking towards the said room after he was done with the class today. He only need to attend two classes for this semester anyway and today was one of the times he had to attend it.

 

True to Dongwoo's word, Sunggyu find Woohyun sitting inside the room with a huge canvas that was half scribbled by a sketch of something that look like a person and an oil paint tube scatter on the table near him. The male was facing sideways, so Sunggyu could see the concentrated look on his face. And it was a beautiful sight.

 

However, the younger man wasn't alone in that room. Sunggyu saw someone standing behind Woohyun who had his hand on the male's shoulder. And upon closer inspection, the figure was oddly familiar. Isn't that Song seonsaengnim?

 

Song Jae Rim. Twenty-nine years old. The head of the art department and a painting lecturer despite his young age. Married during Sunggyu's first year and he remember his other lecturers were congratulating the young lecturer for his marriage and (gossiping) call him lucky to have a beautiful wife back then.

 

He had met the older male quite a few times since he regularly going back and forth to the lecturer's office to ask for assistance from his professor for his final project. Song seonsaengnim's table was coincidentally just across his professor's table.

 

They also have exchanged a few polite greetings when they passed by each other in the corridor. So, it’s not a strange thing for him to know the lecturer despite being from different major than the lecturer’s teaching subject.

 

The scene in front of him could pass by as something usual for art student and his teacher, except for the gaze that shared between the two when Woohyun turn his head and look at his lecturer. There's nothing casual in those pair of eyes.

 

He couldn't believe his eyes when he first saw it. The younger male was smiling so wide and it was so pretty, it dazed him for some while. So, he had another expression other than the gloomy one he use all this while, huh?

 

And yet, that's not the only shocking thing he sees. He could see the adoration and love reeking from Woohyun's eyes for his lecturer, but what put the cherry on top was when Song seonsaengnim hold the younger male's jaw and tilt it to crash his lips against Woohyun's plump one.

 

What the did I just saw?? Did Song seonsaengnim just kiss Nam Woohyun?? Sunggyu was freaking out inside from the scene in front of him. Then, does the rumor is actually true? But how come? Song seonsaengnim is a married man!

 

Sunggyu was so stunned by the shocking scene, that he didn't realize the pair inside the room was already pull apart and walking towards the door where he stand behind to exit the room. He was snapped out of his storm of thousands 'why' inside his head, when the student-lecturer pair pushes the door open and had a shock expression on their face.

 

But the lecturer is quick to school his expression to a calm and kind one. No one would know what he just did in the room with his student if they didn't see it for themselves. He gives Sunggyu a small smile that didn't reach his eyes.

 

"Kim.. Sunggyu-ssi? Am I right? What kind of business do you have in art department? Did Hwang seonsaengnim ask you to borrow something from us for his class?"

 

Sunggyu was torn on what to reply, but he decides to just go with the flow and pretend he didn't see the scene from before. "N-no, Song seonsaengnim. I just wander around to search for my friend Howon. I thought he would be in this building and decide to search for him since I can't contact him."

 

If the lecturer didn't believe in his lie, the other didn't show it. Instead, he had an almost apologizing smile. "Ahh.. Lee Howon-ssi? I'm sorry, but I don't know where he is. He didn't take my class for this semester."

 

"Ohh.. I see. Well, I'll just continue searching for him then. Thank you, seonsaengnim." Sunggyu bowed politely and took his leave immediately. He was afraid that the lecturer would ask how long he has been standing in front of the door and discover he was lying.

 

He quickly retrieves his phone from his jeans pocket to text his friends, he had something he want to confirm. Dongwoo was the first one to reply and say 'okay' to meet him later in his place. He put back his phone. All he need is to wait until tonight.

 

 

Once Sunggyu was already out of sight, Jaerim's smile completely wiped off from his face. He didn't know how long the other has been standing there and if he saw him kissing Woohyun earlier, but he didn't want to take a risk.

 

He was glad that the student quickly goes after some words exchange and didn't confront him, so he think he is safe for now. He closes the classroom door. Kim Sunggyu, I better watch out for him from now on.

 

Jaerim look over his shoulder, where Woohyun was standing nervously behind him and had his face looking down. He was glad the younger was hiding behind him and keep quiet the whole time he talk to Sunggyu. Hopefully the student hadn't notice Woohyun's presence in the room.

 

He turns around and wrap his left hand around the shorter male's waist and use his right one to cups Woohyun's cheek and rub it softly. "Are you okay, Hyun-ah? It’s okay, he is gone now. He didn't see us."

 

Jaerim tried to assure the smaller male and thankfully, he succeeds. Woohyun now had his eyes on him and offer a small smile, before he wraps his smaller hands around the elder and bury his face to the broad shoulder of his lecturer.

 

"Yes seonsaengnim. I was just shocked to see him there, but you're right. I think he didn't see us." Woohyun sighed against the well-built chest.

 

"Woohyun-ah. What did I tell you about dropping the honorific when we are alone? Just call me Jae hyung." Jaerim chuckled and kiss the tip of the younger's ears that start reddening at his light scolding. Nam Woohyun is just too cute for his age.

 

"Y-yes.. Seon-- h-hyung." Woohyun quickly correcting his slip of tongue. His cheeks grown slightly pink because he felt the hot gaze coming from the elder.

 

Jaerim cup the younger's jaw once again to make the male look at him. "That'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter