Nice to Meet You, Where You Been?

Blank Space
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Cause you know I love the players
And you love the game

***

Her jutting cheekbones are vivid in such distance, raised as high as her pride when she walks down the field. Pair of black boots on her feet swings lightly as if she’s floating instead of walking.

She’s not the prettiest for there are lots of beautiful women at the campus. Not the richest even though her family considered wealthy. And definitely not nicest based on her sharp tongue while judging others existences which disturbing her eyes.

But let’s say the universe must be quite tipsy when it decided to lend her a life for lots of contradiction being her core. The perfect image to picture everyone’s interaction with her is a love-hate relationship. They cursed her silently for her attitude and snarky personality but secretly worship her beauty and followed her personal taste in every aspect as if it’s the best life manual so far.

As much as people want to crush her down, no one dares to mess with her icy surface. It’s better to leave the scene as soon as possible whenever she made an entrance. Not only because she always had a ridiculously pretty brother – well, only when they’re getting along – and a soccer god around her, but also because she was that type of hidden toxic who had a particular invisible magnet inside her which not let you pulled from her away once you’re in her circle, either for good or bad causes.

And as cliche as it could be, she attracts lots of son of Adam. And the list of her exes continues as she takes her breath each day. Her untamed vibe causing some men head over heels, from the rock phenomenon like Jinwoon to class clown like Mir and to boys next door like Woohyun.

Whilst people often mistaken her as player, she has no intention to rephrase her image, maintaining her throne at campus by being untouchable. She doesn’t care at all how the other student judging behind her back. Even his brother sometimes finds it impossible to interfere.

But they forget the fact that she is a delicate lady which longing for a true love just like in all time favorite Disney movies. They forget the fact that she can be really friendly for those who offered her a true friendship. They forget the fact that she is after all, a human.

It’s been two weeks after her last break up. Though everyone see her outfit today was amazing, Gwiboon herself is not that pleased. What’s the use of dressing up when no one appreciate it, anyway? She had no date and Minho is nowhere to be found, so hanging out with her brother is the only option.

“Why are you here?”

Jonghyun snarls immediately when Gwiboon poked her head to the studio where he used to spend his time at the campus.

“Can’t I miss my own brother?”

“Cut it off. Now tell me what do you want and get the hell outta here.”

“Wow. Dad really did an awful job in raising a son!”

Jonghyun shot his head up, glaring at his sister who greeted him with her smirk, enjoying her victory.

“And he did a great job in spoiled-brat making.”

“At least I can choose my major by myself.”

“You really need a stab in your eyes, don’t you?”

“I might be. I’m tired of looking at you every single morning, pitying you, dearest brother of mine. You’d have brighter career if you gone different path, you know.”

“Stop telling me what to do, you have no right. I might be exhausted, but I can pay my own expense. I have extra money to spoil myself and I don’t need to keep myself busy hoping from one man’s laps to another just for sake of distracting my mind.”

Jonghyun scoffed when he saw Gwiboon’s expression’s getting colder. But when she didn’t get over it the next second, he felt guilty tickling his gut.

“What? What do you need? Don’t you see I have so much to do here?”

“I just need the company, someone next to me, breathing the same air with me.”

“You have plenty of men out there queuing for you. You could be really ridiculous sometimes, Sister.”

Gwiboon only sighed upon her brother words. Her heart’s tingling in pain when she realized even Jonghyun thought that being Gwiboon means loneliness-free. Men aren’t the answer for the longing she felt. It was probably the answer for this past couple years but she had enough of it. Indeed, she loved the attention. The admiration they gave every time she passed the hallway or left the library. The envious gaze trailed behind her when she linking her arms with a handsome man beside her. But all of it just touched the surface and failed to pierce through. Nothing had satisfied her enough.

“Oh really? Then pick one for me right now so I don’t disturb your oh-so-important drawing time.”

Jonghyun sighs before continue, “Where’s the last boy you kissed all the way from locker room to the cafeteria?”

“I don’t know, probably killing himself after I crushed his balls,” Gwiboon leaned forward and pulled out her beauty pouch from her purse while Jonghyun shocked behind his drawing table, “What? Am I not supposed to kick someone who tried to score me only after a date and some kisses in between class?”

“Are you kidding me?”

“Do I look like someone who jokes around?”

Jonghyun found his sister being serious as dead before she’s back to focus on her reflection on the pocket mirror. He always knew Gwiboon is never serious with any relationship she had been into. But his heart clenched when he heard her confession just now that one of the reason she cut people off is just because they just want to use her. They don’t see her as a girl who deserved to be treated nicely just likes the other girl.

“You’re an adult and I believe you know what to do.”

“That’s something you don’t need to remind me.”

“Just.. be careful.”

Gwiboon left her mirror and caught Jonghyun’s eyes as broken as her heart before he ducked his head weakly, continue to finish his assignment. She bites her lips to hold her eye bag shaking lightly. Her relationship with Jonghyun is not as close as other siblings. Much to say, even their parents treated them differently.

While Gwiboon can have anything she wants, Jonghyun was expected to be a filial son, typical first born. And the dream to become a composer was long forgotten since he graduated from high school. Meanwhile, Gwiboon could follow her passion in fashion even though their parents have one condition, she could continue studying fashion if she able to secure a job in a fashion company in Italy. Or else, she has to leave immediately to America and enrolled in culinary school as her mother always wanted for her.

“Hey, Jonghyun! I’ve been looking for you since morning!”

A deep soothing voice from the door frame breaks the silence between them, ended their contemplation for instant. Gwiboon almost fell from her chair when the voice owner walking closer their direction.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Nice to meet you, where you been?
I could show you incredible things
Magic, madness, heaven sin
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

His presence is too strong, completely opposite with the gentle expression hanging on his face. Gwiboon has seen any kind of eyes, the pretty ones, big ones, tiny ones, sad ones, lusty ones, and even brutal ones, but nothing really likes his pair. They’re soft, and reassuring, but have glints of tough gaze. Slightly puffy cheeks and full lips gave him a five year old vibe, yet his board shoulder and prominent Adam’s apple said differently.

“Oh, hey! What’s the matter?”

Jonghyun wrecked Gwiboon’s day dream by opening his mouth. But still, her eyes are totally stuck on gorgeous creature that tripped inside her mind just now.

“This,” he hands a CD to Jonghyun with stubby white fingers that making Gwiboon almost yelping because they were too much cuteness in one package, “The material for our Architecture Theory 2 paper. I’m thinking about Light Architecture or Post Modern, but up to you.”

“Others might go for Post Modern, so I think Light Architecture? Besides, I have this book about building shade, we can use it as reference.”

“That would be great! I’ll check other books at the library in the meantime. So next week I supposed we could start to write down our view and finish the presentation as soon as possible.”

“Damn, do we have time for that?” an obvious frown appeared on Jonghyun’s face.

“Don’t worry, we can just use the template of our presentation before. It’s different professor you know.”

And they keep talking like that about design, building, architecture, construction, glass, green roof, materials, and lot of stuff Gwiboon has no interest at all, without even realized that Gwiboon’s currently in the same room. Like she’s invisible for him. Not even a small glance, this man really immersed with the topic as if it was some fun stuff to talked about. Oh, please.

Gwiboon‘s about to roll her eyes when he cracked in between the talk. His laughter is like the brightest song she ever heard, calming and contagious at the same time. His eyes are completely gone when the fat on his cheeks pushed up. And within second, she complet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter