And I Know You Heard About Me

Blank Space
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Gwiboon learned that Taemin is Jinki’s younger brother after three hours nagging to Jonghyun who finally gave up after Gwiboon threat him she’s going to crush his 3D housing mockup if Jonghyun didn’t spill anything. Despite their poor relationship, Gwiboon did a good job trapping his brother. She knew how to please him in order to get better view of private life of Lee Jinki. Three vinyls and it came like a flood from Jonghyun’s mouth.

Lee Jinki, currently an architecture student at the same university with her. He supposed to graduate two years ago, but he was abroad, had a chance to work at an infamous architecture firm in France, then he went to Rio to spend three months as a local citizen doing some research and reward himself after a full year being an intern. This year is going to be his last year at college thus he’s working hard on his final project while taking some classes he missed when he was abroad. Eventually, those classes put him in the same rooms with Jonghyun.

He’s super smart, but turned out way far from the nerdy image Gwiboon previously labeled him. Just like another young men, he dated several girls in the past. Those girls might not as marvelous as Gwiboon, but you can tell that they’re no jokes.

Just like a smart guy stereotype, he dated an exchange student from Germany he met at a summer program at the university. One of them is a volley captain from another university who was his high school classmate. Another one, which is probably his best achievement so far, an independent DJ at local club who’s now re-entering recording studio for her second album.
In the face of taken aback, Gwiboon couldn’t be more bemused with her new found today. All of it just proves her right, that yes, Lee Jinki is a man worth to fighting for.

“None of his slice of life is path-crossing or even close with yours. I don’t think you have any chance with him. Right now, he’s totally focusing on his project, not at the point of seeing someone.”

Jonghyun became slightly friendlier after his sister’s bribes.

“That’s actually good news for me, I’d have no competitor. I’m kind of tired being chasing target of those bastard.”

“You’re enjoying it.”

“Who are you talking like you know what I feel?”

Jonghyun calmly shook his head before heading back to his work station.

“You need to help me, Jong.”

Her brother put his pencil back, “No. no ing way, Kim Gwiboon. As much as I hate you lately, I don’t want you to be hurt. I have no time whipping people tears away.”

“Could you be for once in my life, a good brother for me?”

“I always be a good one, you are the one who knew no manual of being a good sister.”

Stoned by Jonghyun’s heartless words, Gwiboon utterly shut when she’s realized Jonghyun plainly ignore her. But she has too much conceit to give in and being miserable in front of her brother.

“Choi Minho. Don’t talk, just listen. I need every single thing you know about Taemin. I’ll see you in fifteen minutes. Oh, and remember. I expect a lot from you.”

A heavy sigh left Jonghyun’s mouth at the same time his shoulder forced to deflate. He’s a perfect mixture of rage and amazed.

“Gwiboon, you’ll only waste your time. He’s not for you. He’s not a toy you usually played then threw away once you got bored.”

“I know. And I’m not planning making him into one.”

***

“Why do you need to know about Taemin?”

Minho barks as soon as he saw Gwiboon at their favorite table.

“Just curious. You know, he seems quite enticing to join our circle. I need to check whether he’d suitable or not for our pack.”

“There’s no pack. It was only you and me. I don’t think two of us are big enough to make circle.”

“You forget about Jonghyun.”

“And you forget the fact he’s your least favorite person to hanging out with?”

“But he’s my brother. No matter what, he’s in!”

“Still not enough to make a circle.”

Gwiboon almost lose her temper and slammed the wooden table down if she had not remembered her image, “Why do you keep arguing me? Then ask Taemin to join us! Or his brother!” Gwiboon choked a bit when her hidden intention spilled out, “Or—or his sister! Uncle! Grandparents, whatever I don’t care! Then we could make a real pack!”

“You don’t hang out with stranger.”

“That’s why I need you to collect any information I need to know about him, you moron!”

Minho hesitated for a while before nodding his head, “That makes enough sense.”

Gwiboon rolled her eyes over his endless investigation. She’s carefully not to mention Jinki just in case Minho is the younger version of Jonghyun, even though that names already hanging on the tip of her tongue, ready to slip out whenever she lose control.

“His family used to live in my neighborhood. But his father got a new job as an attorney in London when we’re four or five years old. They sold the house and moved out, I don’t know, maybe a week after new year.”

Wow. Asking Minho is so much easier than getting a drink from a vending machine. And London? Hello! That’s Gwiboon dream’s place to become a designer!

Minho continues as if there’s no harm at all telling her this way, “He’s back in town when he started middle school. But only with his mother and brother. His father stayed there for another three years. Taemin and Jinki often visited him at school holiday.”

When Minho unconsciously mentioned Jinki’s name, Gwiboon screams internally for her see it as an opportunity to dig a little bit deeper.

“Who’s Jinki?”

She asked innocently as if she hadn’t heard that name before. And Minho nearly spitted his drink, his eyes bulging out for such a question.

“You don’t know Jinki? What planet are you living on?”

“I have enough stuff to take care about to know every single you talked about!”

“Seriously, Gwiboon. You need to stop dating recklessly and start paying attention to the world rotating around you!”

“Dude, I already have Jonghyun to lecture me any chance he got about this. Would you stop being him and tell me instead who the hell Jinki is?!”

“Jinki’s Taemin’s only brother. They’re inseparable and both are super talented. I don’t know about this, but sure their gene’s like on different level compared to anyone.”

“Entertain me more.”

“Both of them are design prodigy. And maybe at music too. No one would be able to beat them when it came to art.”

“Hey! I’m good at design and even had an art exhibition!”

“You only had once! But have you seen someone mastering more than one slot in a particular area? Though Taemin isn’t the best in my class, he got a great sense in graphic design and advertising! Now that we’re talking about dancing, he’s golden!”

“I can dance too!”

“And he can sing! Play piano! Just like his brother!”

An invisible thunder roared inside Gwiboon’s chest. Young architect with a cute smile plus amazing family background is already triple plus point. But an occasional singer and musician? That’s worth double shot of standing ovation.

Gwiboon cursed herself having a bad string with her brother. If only she’s been a good sibling these past years, Jonghyun’s heart might be soften and he’d introduced him to her.

“If you really want to hang out with them, you can go with me to th— hey! Are you still there?”

Minho flails his hand to Gwiboon who dozed off with both hands under her chin.

“What? Ugh, sorry.”

This is not the usual Kim Gwiboon, Minho thought. He knew her too well, she’s the most aware person so it’s kind of impossible when she lose track in a conversation.

“You alright?”

“100 percent. You may continue, I just have a thought. Go on.”

Still unsure with the answer he got, Minho keeps talking anyway, “I said, if you really want to start socializing with more decent people, you can go with me to their showcase.”

“Showcase?”

Minho shook his head, now pretty sure Gwiboon needs to tighten some screws inside her head.

“Well, sometimes they have performance in some coffee shops or clubs.”

“Performance?”

Now it’s Minho’s turns to roll his eyes.

“When he dated that DJ, they involved in some a benefit relationship when they made collaboration in music so since that they like café hopping to raise some money for her indie album. But then they split inevitably.”

“Thanks God.”

“Excuse me?”

“Never mind. And then?”

“And then he decided to ask Taemin joined him. Born as natural performer, Taemin said yes and now that duo is loved by almost everyone I know.”

“Then you don’t know me.”

“Come with me and judge later. It won’t take long before you fall for them.”

I already fall for one of them. But yeah, you’re right. I only took less than 5 minutes.

“I’m not a fan of crowd. Unless I’m planning to get dizzy and drunk and then splattered around the floor then yes, I’m an avid one.”

“Girl, you won’t regret it. It won’t disappoint you.”

Gwiboon shrugs her shoulder and throws her gaze to the window before them. An hour before sunset is her favorite time. She loves enjoying people outside the world shuffling and passing by, just like the other day. Something that’s not the other day is that a black BMW pulled over to the book store across the street and a man with a purple hair gets off from the passenger seat. Mouth gaping for what she saw is followed by jaw dropping when a man looking sleek with an indigo blazer and same tone pants over a simple white shirt slammed the driver door.

Minho got it right once again, they’re inseparable.

“Well, I don’t know Minho..,” Gwiboon’s hand instinctively put her stuffs in order, “I’m not really fond of crowd lately. I think I’m going now. I’ll call you later! See you tomorrow!”

“Yaaa! Where are you going?”

“Book! I need some books!”

That’s the only words left behind before Gwiboon’s completely vanished from his sight.

***

Gwiboon tossed her purse to the bed once she entered her dorm. The heels on her feet following right after, completely neglected, one poorly on the floor, and the other near the wardrobe and one under her desk. Thanks God, her last roommate get lost two years ago, exactly two weeks after she realized who slept under the same roof with her.

Before she could scream in frustration, her phone went off loudly first. She’d rather ignore all phone calls at the moment, but seeing the name up on her screen left her no choice.

“Yeah, Mom?”

“Have you sent your application yet?”

Always forget th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter