Subtle Mornings with Bonghee

Bonghee's Complexity: One-Shot Collection

Subtle Mornings with Bonghee


It's been 4 years since entering the marriage life, and Ji Wook never had a problem waking up at the sight of Bong Hee, his wonderful wife, after letting out all his internal derisive yells in the office, frustrations, the mundane feeling whenever she's not in his reach. It's just surreal, it feels like it's incredulous, being with the perfect woman he's ever loved to be permanently in his arms.

Bong Hee isn't really a perfect wife to begin with. "Perfect," may describe as 36-38-34, but Bong Hee is none of those. "Perfect," may describe as a wife who cooks different food every mornings, and maybe dinner, but Bong Hee can't even cook eggs. Despite all her shortcomings, she never stopped with her efforts to meet what her husband deserves: A loving and caring wife.

Well, sometimes she beat up Ji Wook, too. Whenever he comes home too late and she never smells his perfume anymore. He smells like Mango, Raspberry, and sometimes a Jo Malone perfume.

Ji Wook can never cheat, and Bong Hee knows of this matter. It's because they both experienced what it's like and they're careful enough with the actions towards each other. But Ji Wook is a girl-magnet and girls who go after him is not a joke. There's many of them, including those ahjummas in the court.

"This one's good in bed."

"Yeah, he looks hot whenever he's angry."

Even when the whole courtroom is surrounded by Prosecutor Ji Wook's angry voice, soft mischievous chuckles can be heard throughout the whole room, which the judge didn't let go unnoticed.

Surprisingly, Atty. Eun Bong Hee was just beside them, shooting them a dreadful glare - which was fortunately enough to make them shut up.

"What are you thinking about?" Ji Wook, who was just beside her with those sleepy eyes, bare chest, Hermes perfume lingering around him that he wore since yesterday. He caught Bong Hee staring up at the ceiling with a blank expression 4AM in the morning - just in time for them to prepare for work. His wife shuffled closer to him, wrapped her slender arms around his lean waist, rests her face against his chest, as she heave out a sigh of relief. "I was just thinking about how lucky I am to have you,"

In four years of relationship, the fire inside of them never died, and this was one of the few moments where they could still fall in love with each other, while staring in each other's eyes deeply and before her husband could even reply, a soft delicate kiss covered his parted lips. The kiss lasted longer than they thought, before they could even realize it, Bong Hee was already atop his and both could only break into laughter.

That's how they like their mornings: subtle. Even without no ual interactions, nor activities, they're contented with it.

"I'm so in love with you, Eun Bong Hee."

"So am I, Noh Ji Wook."


A/N: Okay, I'm sorry this is a VERY short one. :c