Incredible Bonghee

Bonghee's Complexity: One-Shot Collection

Incredible Bonghee


After the years of their marriage and the success of having been promoted from the position of being a prosecutor, Noh Ji Wook has been disapppointing Eun Bong Hee, his wife over the times.

 

Admittedly, he had stood her up again over the dinner in which he promised he would come home earlier than midnight. Bong Hee prepared the dinner well. She doesn’t have knowledge for cooking but as an easy learner, she cooked him chicken parmigiana, prepped the dinner table with the romantic candle lights, and even bought the nicest wine she could ever buy with her own money. She wore the dress he bought for her. He insisted on buying it for her since she was always turning her head to take a quick glimpse of that dress that’s been displayed on a boutique near her office, her husband’s house.

 

Bong Hee was saving for it, but on the other hand she was thinking about spending her money on a wiser, practical things like their electric bill, water bill, food. Her husband argued that he’ll take care of the expenses but she strongly disagreed, saying it isn’t practical at all to make a man pay for everything. Ji wook could only sigh in defeat.

 

Ji Wook looked disappointed with the stack of papers he’s bound to do. Sure, he’s free to hand in some of the undone paper works to the other parts of the field, but their works doesn’t seem to entice him. “ me,” he cursed under his breath after a long, fruitful grunt. He was always like that, Mr. Bang thought as he took a glimpse of him being on the process of breaking down.

 

The guilt he’s been in through the weeks had been killing him. He and his wife’s conversation through the phone were nothing but apologizing for being late over dinner, or not coming home at all.

 

What’s healthy in their married life was no one’s speculating anyone about cheating. No one’s making their bickers worse, and one of them always have the initiative to fix it. Or sometimes they just talk like nothing happened. He specially liked these things: the joys of being tangled skin bared with each other after one of them goes home drunk after a team dinner, how she would independently attack all her predators who catcalls her in her most decent suit for work, and how she pays for her own meal and things whenever they date out. It was like nothing changed, he basically placed a ring on her and claimed her.

 

It’s 4AM in the morning and Ji Wook knows he’s totally ed. He slammed his palm over the last paper he’s checked, twirling around his seat and heaving out the most relieved sigh. He's deprived of sleep again, and he’s all alone in the office. Bong Hee would’ve been sleeping in, he thinks. So in a rush of adrenaline after that name popped out of his mind, he then rushed towards his car after locking his office up.

 

The drive from his office to his house wasn’t so bad. The traffic was close to nothing since by this time of the night, everyone’s peacefully sleeping—  well his wife is probably sleeping ever so soundly right now and here he is, Ji Wook is close to banging his head against his steering wheel, fighting the drowsiness. Despite that, he stopped over a 24 hour flower shop nearby and bought freesias that she’d always love. He also stopped near a convenience store to hand in a bribery: chocolates.

 

Devastated. That’s what came into his mind after having his car parked near his house. He’s opened the door slowly, careful not to make any sounds and alert her of his presence. He knocked the door to the guest room twice. He figured she might’ve moved out of his room because she’s upset, or maybe enjoyed the ambience of her room because hers was a little bit lighter and warmer than his. 

 

No answer.

 

He knocked twice again and whispered her name, but to no avail, he could only sigh.

 

Ji Wook opened the door, and he witnessed what he’s always been witnessing since Day 1: A dirty, but pretty Bong Hee— his wife.

 

Gently, he placed the bouquet of freesias and a basket full of her favorite chocolates on her table. She was sleeping at the wrong side of the bed while talking in her sleep(which, she always does) and Ji Wook worries she might wake up grumpy. Doubled grump.

 

“You promised.” she was speaking almost incoherently, but he managed to understand every word she uttered in her sleep, considering how close he was to her while fixing her position as he bent down to reach her.

 

“If I don’t feel a thing for you or even a slightest spark even just by hearing you saying hello, you would have find yourself lying down on the streets with a blood on your head.” 

 

She had always been violent but sweet at the same time, and it makes him love her even more. Ji Wook wasn’t even close to being a sadistic man, but he was so sure he married the right woman. 

 

He heard her chuckle.

 

“What’s with the chocolates and sweet gestures? Worried that you might have your head hit?” her expression was close to nothing. Her blank face showed everything. She’s disappointed. He forgot their dinner tonight, he didn’t catch her decorations because as soon as he stepped into the house, the dining room was empty.... and clean.

 

He sees her with her arms crossed, muttering curses under her breath. He doesn’t want to hear her curse, after all.

 

“I’m so—“

 

“I’m sorry. I’ll make it up to you. That’s what you always say” she muttered silently. She was lying a moment ago, and as quick as she was, Ji Wook already turned around with her figure fully sat up, still shooting him a glare with a slight grimace.

 

“Well I do make it up for you, right?” that statement was enough to make her brows .

 

And that’s when he knew, he’ll be spending the night in his room, alone in his ottoman, ed.

 

He’ll never understand women, particularly his wife, but he loves her anyway. As soon as he took his final step into his room, he heaved out a fruitful, exasperated sigh. He placed his palm against his face, displaying a gesture of disappointment. Before he could lose his mind, he already went to the bathroom to change to his most comfy clothes - to the pyjamas in which Bong Hee bought for them.

 

Yes, one of those pyjamas, couple pyjamas to be particular. His wasn't of cringey design, but it was a nice touch of sky blue, a cloth of silk for comfy, and he'd always been in love with it, as it eases his insomnia and lets him sleep peacefully by night.

Another sigh went out of his thin lips as soon as he closed the door behind his bathroom, he twisted around only to witness the presence of his wife turning to face him with her sides against the bed, elbows propped and her head rested against her palm.

 

Oh, how she couldn't resist those eyes as soon as he walked out of her room. They were sad enough to convince her to go up to their room, and maybe spare the old man of his carelessness when spilling his words out like she was in the room, interrogating the out of her. 

"Guess I can't stay the night alone." she heaved out a sigh, mirroring his action a while ago.

That was enough to make him smile. He sauntered over her place and sat down beside her with his arms spread wide, but his move were interrupted when Bong Hee placed a finger on his lips. "Don't think I'm that easy." he blinked, but she just gave him a little smirk to , but swooped in to give the old man a rest of his thought. So she kissed him softly, carefully, she was moving in a slow, passionate pace, enough to make his whole body shiver.

 

Not only him, but it was her fuming in fire.

 

In a matter of few moments, despite their hands exploring each others' skin, lips brushing each other's desired place, they haven't figured out how they managed to slip out in their clothes merely less than a minute.

 

It wasn't at all, a bad night for Ji Wook.

 


Author's Note: I'm calling all the writers! I'm planning on holding a prompt week where each one of us get to write with our own imaginations with the given theme. Just a one shot but a series of it. I'm planning on holding it near Christmas to give gifts of imagination for our fellow JiJi Shippers :) Non-writers who are also aspiring to write are duly welcomed!

 

THIS PART IS EDITED. I added some things to it, because I thought it was too short.