Sundays with Bong Hee

Bonghee's Complexity: One-Shot Collection

Sundays with Bonghee


During Sundays, Ji Wook and Bong Hee are always entangled in each other’s arms, in his beloved ottoman, equipped with his favorite white knitted sweater, and her wearing her nice, cozy silk night gown. They never missed a free time together, and if they did, Chang Wook would always find a way to make it up to her since he’ve already experience her wrath.

 

Sometimes, they’ll go out for an ice cream date, or a street food date. Some other days when their supplies are running out, they’ll go for grocery shooping and lazily order chinese food when they get home.

 

Unknowingly to Bonghee, Sundays were already a routine her. They both get up late in the afternoon under the warmth of the sheets, they’ll stay wrapped around in each other’s arms for two more hours before even getting the chance to get up. Bong Hee will get out of the bedroom to set up the movie in the living room while her husband takes care of the finger foods. This is the reason why she can take the sadness within the whole week because she’ll own her husband for the whole day during Sundays. 

 

Usually, Ji Wook would stay up for the thrill of watching how the story uncovers, or sometimes if the movie is politics related, he will always comment on how unpolished the story was, on how one scene is close to impossible to happen in the court. Sometimes, he’ll sleep in if it’s about romance when that’s the only genre that keeps Bong Hee awake.

 

Sleeping through the movie or not, they love being with the warmth of being with each other.

 

The movie they are now currently watching is The Autopsy of Jane Doe. As soon as the movie ended, the scrunch, frown and grimace on their faces are visible. 

 

Unfortunately, it is a bad sign of disappointment.

 

“I doubt you enjoy the movie.” Ji Wook shifted his weight slightly to the other side to comfortably place his arm under his wife’s head. It was numbing, but he didn’t care at all. Bong Hee held her head for a few seconds and after he was done fixing his arm underneath, she fell against his arm once more, squirming ‘til she find her cozy position.

 

Bong Hee could only give him a skeptical look before turning back to the screen to flip the channels, before stopping to the station of her own liking, nodding she replied in a rather disappointing tone. “Hm,” she scowled, in which, Ji Wook took notice of.

 

“Sorry I chose the wrong movie, my friends in the forensic field thought it was interesting.” He sighed, but he kind of returned the formidable look. 

 

He was about to unwrap his arms around her waist, until she caught his biceps and rested her cheek against it, nuzzling her nose against it.

 

Bong Hee softened her look before replying, “It’s okay, the company was..... sublime.” She intentionally made it look like she was hesitant with the word, but she managed to cackle afterwards after a few seconds, giving him a hint that she was just joking.

 

If movie wasn’t even an option and they had ran out of ideas on what to do, they’ll both go to the grocery and shop for some of the things that is needed in the household. They would bump hips, steal kisses in the dairy section, fight over junk foods and who’ll pay for the whole grocery but ends up dividing the total bill and giving fair contribution. Sometimes, Ji Wook makes her bill a little lighter and subtracts a hefty amount from what she could share.

“I’ll put the grocery into the ref—“

“No, you rest.”

 

 

Other times they’re not even spending the Sundays together because of the petty argument they must have had during the weekdays. They’ll spend the sunday in war of cold and doesn’t bother to even talk with each other at all. Bong Hee has her pride to eat out after her husband cooks enough for two, and Ji Wook is prideful enough to ignore her gestures.

“I’m home,” Bong Hee implied with no tune of excitement. Rather, the whole sentence itself was... alarming.

 

Before Bong Hee could even open the door to the guest room after she swung her bag to the nearby hanger, Ji Wook immediately swooped in to encircle his arms around the small of her back, pulling her close. “I’m sorry,” then tomorrow they will find themselves inside the guestroom, tangled underneath the sheets, morning ever blissful

 

Sometimes, that magic doesn’t simply work. As a man, he doesn’t really know how to deal with these things. But atleast he tried talking it out to her by handing her a box of chocolates. He didn’t really expect her to fall for it, but she did. And then they’re back to the same routine again.

 

Sundays with the Noh and Bong isn’t exactly bubbly afterall, it’s sometimes dark, sometimes light. What matters is, the newly wedded couple enjoy every bits of their marriage and how slow and natural it goes. It’s almost as if he didn’t see this coming at all.