1st Chapter

A Beautiful Cliche
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhee had never imagined that her feelings for Chanyeol would deepen like this. She was just the guy's closest friend, after all. But that friendship, she wants more. She wants Chanyeol more than anyone else. She wants to tell the whole world he's mine. But he isn't.


It all started when the brunet transferred back to her old school, SM University. She grew up in this school but on the 7th grade, she has to transfer at YG University because she was in a bit of situation. Blame his dad for not taking care of his business well that they went bankrupt for two years. Never mind that, it's all in the past anyway. So as I was saying, Baekhee transferred back at SMU on the 9th grade. She knows almost everyone in the room because they were her old classmates, her friends. Except for a few who she just knows by name, but haven't really talked to them. 

One of them is Park Chanyeol. He transferred at SMU on the 7th grade, the same year when Baekhee transferred at YGU. They didn't really know each other. Well, the girl knows him by name, thanks to Luna, her friend - Chanyeol's ex girlfriend. But she really doesn't know if he had already heard her name or what. When Baekhee met him, she can't deny the fact that she liked him, because who wouldn't? He's good-looking, attractive, he plays almost every sports, and damn that stare could make your underwear drop. I swear.


As time passed by, he courted Suzy, Baekhee's friend as well. That was also the time when Baekhee and Chanyeol became close. It was when they were having a science class and they were sitting beside each other. Baekhee can't really focus at what the teacher was uttering. Wanna know why? Chanyeol was singing. And, it was terrible. She was telling him to stop but he just wouldn't. In the end, they both started to just talk and laugh about how awful he can sing. Baekhee still remembers what the guy said to her, “I will message you everyday from now on.” And he really did. 


Everyday she gets home, she also gets a message from the guy telling her he’s already at home. They would talk about anything. Sometimes about Suzy, but most of the times, their conversation would only be about nothing. I mean, there's no specific topic, they would just talk. And talk. And talk, until it was 10 pm, because it's the time he sleeps. During weekends, once Baekhee wakes up, there’s already a “good morning” from him and once she replies, he would scold her for sleeping overtime because she usually wakes up at 11 am. And their conversation would be up again until it's time to sleep.


Chanyeol even asked Baekhee to be his best friend. And Baekhee being a “just go” girl, said yes. After that, he would always brag and tell everyone she was his best friend. Lol, funny.


At that time, Baekhee doesn't have feelings for him yet. She knows that Chanyeol likes Suzy, and she's not the only person he messages everyday.


Suzy doesn't really like Chanyeol. Baekhee and all the other girls always ask her why and she would only reply, “I don't know yet. I feel something bad about him.”  Turns out that that feeling is true. They had discovered that he is a total playboy. He cannot settle with one girl. That is the truth.


Soon after Suzy talked him to stop courting her, news had flied. His next target was Yoona, the girl whom Xiumin has his eyes on for quite a long time now. Baekhee, being a friend to Xiumin, asked Chanyeol who he has his eyes on now. He doesn't want to answer. Instead, their conversation went on like this:


“Who's now your target?”
“No one.”
“I don’t believe you.”
“it's true. I don’t want to be in a relationship for now.”
“really?” ((because it was really unbelievable, knowing him))
“Then, it has to be you.”

“What?”
“I will try liking you.”
“. You can't fool me.”
“You don't want us to be more than friends?”
“I don't want to.”
“why?”
“Duh. We're best friends, right?”
“And?”
“Best friends are only best friends. No more, no less.” 
“Okay.”
“.”
“That's the second time you said that to me now!”


Yes, Baekhee still remembers. And until now, she still regrets that decision she just made. If only she had said yes. If only she had, maybe things would have turned the other way around and they would still be happy being with each other. Or maybe not. That time, her heart was pounding like crazy. She almost gave in. Thankfully, she didn't. 


“That's because I know you're just playing around.” What a fool.
“Haha it's a relief you know.” So what if she said yes? What would happen to her now?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter