Chapter 13

A Mate's Struggle

Kisu wasn't used to having a different entity in his mind, though Jeonguk said that it was what turned werewolves felt, and he had similar experiences. Daniel decided to make a small trip back to the states to see his brother, so Woojin and Hongseob were left to keep Kisu company.

Kisu sat in front of the computer, signing into Skype and messaging Hyunjin, Minho and Chan. "I can't wait til they see this," said Jisung as Kisu browsed his emails while waiting for a response. Kisu chuckled some and called the others into the room, leaning back in his chair as he began the call.

Hyunjin was the first to pick up, with Jeongin, Youngjae and Jooheon in the background. "Yo," said Hyunjin as he waved. "Hey Kisu," said Youngjae. Kisu waved. "I guess you know I'm your brother then?" Asked Jeonguk. Hyunjin nodded. "I knew for a long time, it was just slightly shocking that you didn't remember me until everything happened," he said. "Well, my memories are a little fragmented, and I learned to bury them," said Jeonguk. Hyunjin nodded.

Minho and Mingyu were next, with Daniel in the background. "Hey guys," said Minho as he waved. "I stopped at Joshua's place before going to see my brother," said Daniel. "How's Jisung doing?" Asked Minho. "He's doing fine," said Kisu. "Just been enjoying life in my head," he said. "And he can be let out but I think we'll leave that for when Chan picks up," he said. Minho nodded.

Chan was the last person to pick up, showing that he was sitting in the livingroom instead of Sungjin's office. "We'd be using the office computer but Wonwoo, Dowoon, Jaehyun and Wonpil called so Sungjin and the others went to talk in the office," said Chan. "Hey guys," said Felix as he waved. "I'm guessing you got a laptop to use?" Asked Kisu. "Yeah," said Chan.

Youngjae and Jooheon got to talk to Kisu for a little while before being called out of the room by Changkhyun. Cory got to come over and say hello for a second before leaving, wanting to go for a run. Woojin got to talk to Daniel for a few minutes before he and Hongseob had to leave to go start on dinner. Everyone else left the room after a couple minutes, leaving Kisu by himself to talk to Chan and the others.

"I hope you've been treating Jisung right," said Chan. Kisu scratched the back of his head. "No worries," he said. "He's happy, and you will see that when I change," he said. "So, is he like in your mind?" Asked Seungmin. "Yeah," said Kisu. "My mind is just a giant city, with each building a time in my memories," he said. "His part of my mind is just a giant abandoned building with a couch in the middle of it," he said. "He doesn't mind it though," he added as he saw Chan start to say something.

"Can I come out yet?" Jisung whined, causing Kisu to sigh. "Well, time to let him out then," said Kisu. "He's been excited to see you guys again, even if it's not in person," he said. "You'll come over for graduation right?" Asked Jeongin. "Of course," said Kisu as he did a thumbs up before standing. He stretched and changed, and everyone freaked when they saw Jisung standing there. "Talk for as long as you want, I am starting to like this setting," Kisu said before it went quiet.

Jisung scratched the back of his head as he went to sit down. "Wow, so it's really you," said Chan. Jisung nodded. "I'm here," he said. "What's it like in his mind?" Asked Felix. "Well," said Jisung as he scratched the back of his head. "It's just a giant city," he said. "Sometimes I go into the buildings when he's sleeping and watch some of his memories," he said. "The building I'm in is comfortable, and I get to see through his point of view from a TV," he said.

"Do you sleep?" Asked Minho. "Yes," said Jisung. "When he's asleep I do find myself sleeping also," he said. "The couch is comfortable don't worry," he said. "Kisu's a great person, so he made sure the area was comfortable," he said.

"How's the hunts going?" He asked. "Great," said Chan. "Sungjin's been a great host for letting us stay at his place," he said. "Hunting's been fine here too, Mingyu and I take most of the missions," said Minho. "I caught a break, a week after we got home Hobi got sent out with Doyoung to take care of something in South America," said Hyunjin. "I graduate next year so afterwards I get to start on hunts," said Jeongin.

"No need to rush," said Jisung. "He's right, if hunting doesn't work out for you then you can go to college and try to get somewhere in life," said Hyunjin. "At least, ya'll can, Jisung will be in Kisu's head and I'm not going to be aging any time soon," he said. "Sungjin even had us start online college," said Chan. "Alright, alright," said Jeongin.

"You've been quiet Woojin," said Jisung as he tilted his head to the side. "Ah, don't worry about me," said Woojin. "I'm not much of a talker you know that," he said.

"We've actually been approached again," said Chan. "They want to see if we want to become official and I wanted to talk to you about it," he said. "Your side of the pack?" Asked Hyunjin. Chan nodded. "Well, that's different, we don't usually get second chances," said Jeongin. "It's just for us here," said Chan. "I don't know what to do," he said. "If you want to go for it, then go for it," said Hyunjin. "Whoever becomes alpha then will be alpha then," he said. Jisung nodded in agreement. "You've started to become famous, Hongseob doesn't stop talking about you according to Kisu," he said.

After a few minutes the call ended, leaving Jisung to lean back in the chair as he sighed. "Have fun talking to them again?" Said Kisu as he sat up. "Yeah," said Jisung. "One day we'll see each other in person again," he said. "Jeongin's graduation for sure," said Kisu. Jisung nodded and let himself change, once again appearing in the old building in Kisu's mind, with Kisu appearing in his place. Kisu sighed a bit and went downstairs to see what was for dinner.