Chapter 12

A Mate's Struggle

Having Jisung in his head was an experience for Kisu, that was for sure. He was okay with it, because that meant that he wasn't going insane due to not having his other mate here. Daniel was at Kisu's side the whole time, providing support and just being there for him in general.

It was a week after Kisu had his wolf extracted when he made the decision to see what would happen if he were to change. After a long talk with Jisung in his head they came to a mutual decision and decided to see what would happen.

Kisu stood in his room, hesitant at first. "Come on, I am just as curious as you are you know," came Jisung's voice as he felt Kisu's hesitance. "You're right," mumbled Kisu as he sighed. It was a rare moment where he was left alone, as everyone had their own things to do so Kisu took this chance. He was about to start stripping but was stopped by Jisung. "Leave the clothes on, I think I have an idea as to what is going to happen," said Jisung. Kisu nodded and stretched, changing to wolf form.

Everything faded in and out of existence for Kisu before he found himself standing in a huge meadow of sorts. Looking up at the sky he saw upside down buildings, which he immediately recognized as his own mind. "What the hell?" He asked.

Jisung felt this weird pulling sensation before he was suddenly in the room he recognized as Kisu's. He looked down at himself and saw he was human so he looked at the floor length mirror hanging in front of the closet door and dropped his illusion, seeing himself as a wolf. He put up his human illusion just as the door to the room opened.

"What the hell?!" Came Jinhong's voice. "Oh, oops," said Jisung as he turned around to face Jinhong. "Guys!" Yelled Jinhong as he ran from the room immediately. "Well, that was awkward," came Kisu's voice in Jisung's head. "It seems we switch places then," said Jisung as he tilted his head to the side. "I saw an elevator of sorts in that building, I guess that leads to my mind," he said. "I don't see it right now, but I did see it when I first got here," said Kisu. "Maybe that's our way of changing," he said. "Possibly," said Jisung as he heard footsteps running towards the room.

Jeonguk was the first to enter, almost throwing the door open. "What?" He asked. "I guess this is what happens," said Jisung as he scratched the back of his head. "Can you show your wolf form?" Asked Daniel as he was next. Jisung dropped his human illusion and Jeonguk freaked out, jumping back and into Daniel as they both fell against the wall.

"What happens when you change back?" Asked Woojin as he was next to enter the room. Jisung tilted his head to the side before allowing himself to change, and Kisu was now standing there fully clothed. "What?" Asked Woojin as he blinked. "I guess that was a success," said Kisu. "I found myself in Jisung's mind when I changed and he's in mine so," he said, shrugging.

"Well, this is different," said Daniel as Jeonguk got up, helping him up. "I want that video call now," Jisung said suddenly, causing Kisu to chuckle some. "What?" Asked Daniel. "I wasn't laughing at you I promise," said Kisu. "Jisung was looking forward to talking to Hyunjin, Jeongin, Minho and the others," he said. "At least, before everything," he said. "Now that we know what happens, we can," said Jeonguk.

"When are Youngjae and Jooheon coming back?" He asked. "They wanted to stay in the states, after making sure that I was okay with it of course," said Kisu. "They're trying to get Cory to come home with them, so they're not coming back until then," he said. "Of course, Cory's still not allowed to come home," said Jeonguk as he sighed.

"So where'd Hyungwon go?" Asked Kisu. "After getting things sorted out he went to the states to see Joshua and Minhyuk," said Woojin. "I know we won't be bothered by the Chae's anymore now after this," he said. "Well, that's good then," said Kisu.

"Come on," said Daniel as he grabbed Kisu by the arm and dragged him out of the room. "We're going to the park," he said. "You've been inside for too long," he said. "A few hours to stretch my legs would be nice," said Jisung. "Jisung approves, so I guess I have no choice," said Kisu as he was dragged along. "Be back before dinner!" Shouted Jeonguk. "It's your turn to cook Daniel!" He shouted. "Damn it," said Daniel as he sighed, turning and nodding to Jeonguk before he left the house with Kisu.

They found themselves sitting in their now usual spot at the park. Kisu looked around to make sure this area of the park was empty before stretching and changing. Jisung stood there, disoriented for a couple seconds before grinning and flopping down in the grass. "Ah," he said, stretching out in the grass. Daniel chuckled some.

"This reminds me of my own mind," said Jisung as he stared up at the sky. "Mm," said Daniel as he laid down beside Jisung and looked up at the sky. "It's just a giant meadow but," Jisung said, shrugging. "I only got to see it in my dreams and now Kisu only gets to see it," he said. "That's not true, you can see it if you close your eyes," said Kisu. Jisung hummed in response.

After a few hours Daniel got up, stretching. "It's time to go get stuff for dinner I guess," he said. Jisung sighed. "Alright," he said, closing his eyes and allowing himself to change. Kisu shook his head and stood, stretching. "Let's go then," he said. They headed back to the pack house after a few minutes.