Wake up...

Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

My name is Lee Taemin.
I am nearly 25 years old.
I own many useless things, such as glamorous outfits.
I possess dancing skills, as well as a family.

In my mind, “own”, and “possess” don’t quite mean the same thing. To own is to have something for a temporary period of time. To possess is to have something for a lifetime. The twist of meaning is interesting to me.

I live in Seoul, South Korea. However, most of the time I am never there. I travel and perform with my family around the world.

I call them family even though we are not related. 
I have known them for most of my life.
We are a band of five.
We are SHINee.

I do wish that we had been given a more badass name, but our fans support us regardless, which is all that truly matters, I suppose.

Lee Jinki. Age 28.
Practically a second father to me. He always smells of apricot, since he douses himself in cologne every morning. We make fun of him for this, considering it is more like a perfume. But despite the jokes, I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Kim Jonghyun: Age 27.
He is a shoulder to cry on, has a pair of angel wings. Always knows how to lift spirits, possesses a heart of pure gold. The songwriter of our group. His imagination is practically endless; I don’t know where he quite gets it.

Kim Kibum. Age 26.
My second mother,. Caring, nurturing, emotional. He’s quite the fashonista. Unlike me, he takes pride in his fancy clothing, always wearing the trendy styles. Even though he wears usual things, he is far from usual himself.

Choi Minho. Age 25.

The human incarnation of charisma itself. He is an eternal flame, athletic and strong; you can get lost in his eyes. Sports are his passion aside from music. Oftentimes I find him out on the field.

A picture of us five stays in my wallet at all times. You could say that I am our biggest fan.

---

My alarm goes off at five this morning, even though I was sure that I set it to seven:

마다 아이시테쿠레루노나라바
모우오와리니시떼
her whisper is the Lucifer-

The tune to one of our biggest hit songs is bass boosted into my ears. I gasp and jolt up, letting out a sigh upon finding a giant camera crew near my bedside.

A prank?
A dorm tour?

God knows anymore.

I ruffle my messy hair, bowing a greeting to the large amount of people standing in my bedroom, holding back a fit of coughing. 
I haven’t been feeling too well lately, but I’ve been keeping that private, for the sanity of both my fellow members and unknown admirers.

“Good morning~” I say sheepishly, not asking any questions just yet. A camera crew member points towards the living room. Guess I’m going there.

I quickly discover other four are already there and awake. It’s kind of embarrassing, being the last one out. It makes people seem I’m not always on my feet and ready for action. I take a seat next to Minho, leaning my head on his shoulder groggily.
He my still messy hair. If the cameras weren’t around, he would peck me on the cheek.

A lot of things would happen if the cameras for off….

The leader of the cameramen steps up. “Welcome to SHINee’s Showtime!”

A reality show? We’ve never been offered one of those. All of the other popular groups have. Maybe this will actually be worth our time?

A stack of plane tickets are slid toward us. No explaination. The location is blotted out, conveniently.

The man chuckles at our puzzled faces. “Two hours. Get packing!”

Here we go….