⧐ Episode 1: S

HeartBeats
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode One: START

 

“Yah, yah, how do I look? Does this shirt seem weird? How about my smile? I look so lame, right~?!” Yoon Bomi repeatedly asks her best friend who was busily reading a magazine, not caring about her.

“SON NAEUN!!!” Bomi screamed, realizing that Naeun wasn’t even paying attention.

And that surely surprised the younger girl.

“WHAT?! WOW IS THERE A FIRE OR SOMETHING—oh… hahaha you look good Bomi unnie! Trust me!” Naeun shows a thumbs up, faking a smile when in reality, she judged Bomi’s fashion outfit.

Not that it was bad, but to simply say it, it doesn’t scream Yoon Bomi at all. In her mind, Yoon Bomi is a simple girl who wears a tank top and doesn’t care if her hair is messy or what. Seeing how the older girl wears a formal button down blouse and some skinny jeans that Naeun was sure was too tight, Naeun just can’t see it. Her best friend is probably somewhere else, waiting to be seen.

But more than that, Naeun needs to cheer up her best friend. Again. For the nth time. Because on record, this has to be the 323rd attempt of Yoon Bomi’s Ask the Prettiest Senior Park Chorong Out On A DATE Mission. And with Naeun’s always accurate assumption and their other best friend Oh Hayoung’s future forecast, it’s pretty much certain that this won’t be the last.

Not even close to it, to be honest.

“Yah, Bomi unnie! Park Chorong-ssi is on the way! Quick!” Without even thinking, Naeun pushed her best friend to the middle of the hallway. The words didn’t even register in Bomi’s slow-like-a-sloth brain. She fell on the floor and groaned. However, before the information sink in to Bomi, it was far too late.

Park Chorong walked in the school’s hallway, staring down at her with judging gaze.

“What… are you doing on the floor… weirdo?”

Bomi was a stuttered mess. She didn’t expect to see her crush so soon. Quite embarrassingly, on the floor as well. She couldn’t even come up with a glare to Naeun who was being a useless friend at the moment. Bomi only has herself and her own self that moment.

“I-I… N-nothing!” Bomi quickly stood up. “I-I t-thought the f-floor was c-cold and wanted to lie down. Y-yeah. T-that’s all, P-Park C-Chorong-ssi.”

“Oh okay. I thought you were being stupid and fell on yourself. Well then, I’ll get going.”

Once again, Bomi thought that Chorong would walk pass her again before she could even ask her crush out. That day would be like any other day. It would be another failed attempt. She’s so lame. Yoon Bomi chickened out once agaaaaaaaain—uh?

Bomi felt someone tapping her back. She was lost as to who it was until she spotted the familiar pair of eyes and jet black hair.

“You got dirt on your shoulders by the way. Just because our school doesn’t require uniforms doesn’t mean you’ll let yourself get dirtied Miss uhh… Yoon Bomi. Wear your ID properly next time as well. So that I can see your name. Well then.”

With that, Park Chorong nodded her head and walked off… leaving Yoon Bomi in a total cloud nine.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter