THREE

With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

There, about three rows in front of Dowoon was Wonpil. Dowoon was so shook, how in the world did he get this lucky to have Wonpil end up here. He was completely out of it at this point, only staring at Wonpil ignoring everything going on around him. It made him wonder what instrument he played. Would it be something basic like the flute? Dowoon smiled to himself thinking about the idea of Wonpil playing the flute. Cute, he thought.

 

Suddenly Dowoon got the idea to get Wonpils attention, but how? He searched in his pockets and pulled out a folded piece of paper, he crumbled it up and proceeded to toss it at Wonpil, not realizing that that paper was used when he was searching for Jae yesterday.

 

The paper hit Wonpil on his shoulder falling to the side of him. He picked up the piece of paper and turned back already glaring, but when Wonpil noticed who it was that threw the paper his facial expression went from a glare to a confused pissed look.

 

Before Wonpil or Dowoon could do anything, the professor told the students to stand up and come to the front of the class to find their groups. Wonpil quickly looked away, and unconsciously put the crumbled piece of paper into his pocket. Dowoon followed quickly behind.

 

When he got to the bottom, other students began looking for their name on the list for their groups. Dowoon was about to do the same, but suddenly the professor called his name, along with two others. One of those names being, Kim Wonpil. He must have been dreaming, there’s no way the teacher would put them in the same group. Dowoon found Wonpil and glanced at him When Wonpil noticed he just rolled his eyes.

 

He, Wonpil, and another student walked up to the professor and waited to hear what he had to say. “I called you guys up here to be in a group because you all play band like instruments, basically I want you guys to become a band for this concert.” the professor said with a smile.

 

Dowoon and the other student were super into the idea, while Wonpil kinda just stood there without any emotions.

 

“Do you want us to sing, or just play our instruments because I can sing.” the other student said with a smirk, “Oh, and can it be an original?”

 

The professor nodded, “You can do whatever you want. I’ll check in with you guys later, I have to go answer other students questions.” the professor said before turning to other students.

 

“Dude, this is going to be hella fun!” the other student said putting a hand up to Wonpil to get a high five.

 

Wonpil ignored the high five, but Dowoon jumped in and high fived him, not wanting to leave him hanging.

“Thanks, man! What instrument you play?” the other student asked, “Oh, I’m Woosung by the way.”

 

“Dowoon, I play the drums.”

 

“No way, wow I didn’t think we'd have drums, thought you’d be another guitarist or something. Great. Well, we have you, me. I play the electric guitar, and Wonpil. He plays the keyboard.” Woosung said as he walked over to put his arm around Dowoon’s shoulder.

 

They start walking away towards their instruments, Wonpil slightly trailing behind.

 

“Is Wonpil usually like that?” Dowoon kinda whispers to Woosung.

 

Woosungs eyebrows raise, his lips pursed as he thought for a few seconds, “I’m actually not even sure. I hang out with other people in the class.”

 

The three of them found a space to sit and started talking about a few things. Woosung insisted they do an original song since he had many songs already created. He also insisted he’d sing. Dowoon didn’t mind since he was no expert in any of those two things.

 

One thing that kept bugging him was the fact that Wonpil wasn’t saying much. He kinda just nodded agreeing to everything. Dowoon smirked to himself, he’d have to work on him, he thought.

 

Suddenly Woosung got up, “Hey, I need to ask the professor something really quick. I’ll be right back.” he said then went to go line up behind the ten something other students waiting to ask questions.

 

Perfect, Dowoon thought. He clasped his hands together then stretched them before he moved a bit closer to Wonpil. He nudged Wonpil a few times and moved his face closer to his.

 

Wonpil furrowed his eyebrows in annoyance, and moved back, “What!”

 

“What a coincidence we’d end up being in the same class and the same group,” Dowoon said moving his eyebrows up and down a few times.

 

Wonpil signed, “First of all we aren’t in the same class. This is temporary, and secondly its just my bad luck to have you, and Woosung in my group.”

 

“Woosung? What did he ever do to you?” Dowoon joked.

 

“Nothing, unlike you, but he’s too loud for my liking,” Wonpil said as he looked to Woosung still in line.

 

“I think he seems cool.” Dowoon admitted, “But hey, don’t you think this will be fun?”

 

“Yeah, yeah I guess.”

 

“Great! So, you play the keyboard.” Dowoon asks curiously.

 

“Yeah, we’ve talked about this already,” Wonpil says as he leans down onto one of his hands.

 

“I know, but I’m just interested in you. I want to know more about you and the keyboard. Like how you began to play? Why you like playing?” Dowoon straightforwardly explains.

 

Wonpil looks off to the side not saying anything, confused to why this little college freshman was trying to pry into his life. Interested my , Wonpil thought, just annoying.

 

Suddenly Woosung came to Wonpil’s rescue, and sat down in front of the two, now with paper and a pen, “So, shall we start discussing?”

 

-

 

After an hours worth of discussing, and messing with their instruments, class ended. Wonpil immediately goes up to leave, while Woosung was trying to finish things up.

 

“I think we should set some days outside of class to prepare and practice,” he said, Wonpil already at the door missing everything he just said, and Dowoon glancing from Woosung to Wonpil trying to pay attention, but also trying not to lose Wonpil.

 

Dowoon nodded, “Sounds good.” then Dowoon began to leave as well to catch up with Wonpil.

 

Woosung yelled to Dowoon before it was too late, “Does the weekend sound fine!” Dowoon waved back at Woosung signaling okay right as he left the room.

 

Woosung let out a single laugh, then brushed his hand through his hair feeling stressed, “Did they seriously just leave without letting me finish,” he laughed a bit more.


 

Dowoon caught up to Wonpil, only a few feet behind him, and decided he give Wonpil a little bit of a scare.

 

He counted to three in his head, then jumped in front of Wonpil, throwing his hands up in front of his face, “Boo!” he yelled.

 

Wonpil freaked out and his instincts kicked in causing him to slap Dowoon’s hands out of the way.

 

Dowoon grabbed his hands in pain as he bent over a bit, partially faking it because Wonpil didn’t actually slap him that hard.

 

Wonpil’s eyes widened realizing he just slapped Dowoon, “, sorry!” he said going closer to Dowoon slightly taking a hold of Dowoon’s hand.

 

Dowoon smiled to himself noticing Wonpils physical contact with him, then he stood up to face Wonpil still making fake pain faces, “Ahhh, it so hurts.” he joked.

 

At this point Wonpil could tell Dowoon wasn’t serious and let go of his hand immediately, then smacked him on the shoulder, “stop faking, I know I didn’t hit you that hard. Plus you deserve that anyway. You scared me in the first place.”

 

Dowoon smiled, “Your right. So what are you doing after this? I’m free.” he asked curiously.

 

Wonpil sighed, then started walking faster, “I have another class.” he lied. Anything to get away from Dowoon, he thought.

 

“Ah, really.” Dowoon said as he jogged closer to Wonpil, “I can walk you.”

 

Wonpil shook his head, “No need for that, really.” He said annoyed as rolled his eyes.

 

At this point Dowoon knew Wonpil was fed up with him, so he decided to let him be, “Alright.” he started, he always had another chance some other time. Which reminded him, “Oh, and Woosung said we should meet up on the weekends to practice.” he told Wonpil.

 

“Really,” Wonpil signed, “Okay then.”

 

Dowoon stopped and let Wonpil go off, “See you then.” he waved goodbye.

 

Wonpil kept walking, not bothering to care.

 

-

 

Later that day Dowoon went back home. He opened the door to his huge empty house. The house was well decorated and kept pretty clean, but why would it not be clean when nobody was ever home.

 

His room was on the second floor, probably one of the furthest rooms from the front of the house. It often was dark getting into his room because there was no natural lighting beyond a certain point past the stairs.

 

He switched the light on in his room as he walked over to his bed and laid down. He took his phone out and scrolled on social media a bit, but stopped once he got bored. He was al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter