A Different Side

Demon Ruler

He laid in bed and tried not to move, as each movement set fire coursing through his veins and every bone felt close to breaking. The physical aspects of his body's pain matched the mental ones, as his brain worked tirelessly to make some sense about his current predicament. 

 

The Demon Queen was adamant about him being her king and wouldn't let him leave. She was nice enough though to give him the best room in the castle, besides her own of course - which he was sure was even more extravagant. However it didn't excuse the fact that she was basically holding him captive and completely against his own will. 

 

The worst thing was, was that there was nothing he could do about it, for now at least. This place being some kind of hell was all he knew and really, who was he going to turn to? None of his family or friends were here, they probably hadn't even noticed that he was missing. They were all so busy with their own lives and lately they hadn't had enough time for him. 

 

He shook his head to get rid of the bad thoughts. His eyes slowly drifted shut as the exhaustion finally caught up with him, and he fell into a restless sleep. 

 

A few hours later he was awoken by the sound of the door creaking open. His eyes shifted over to the door and they widened slightly when he saw the appearance of the Demon Queen, but there was something slightly different about her; her fierceness from earlier had softened, her forehead had smoothed out and her radiating beauty was more prominent as a smile graced her lips. 

 

Honestly, she looked tired and a little frustrated, however she didn't seem to be in as bad a mood as she did when they first met. 

 

In her hands was a basin and the sounds within indicated to it being filled with a liquid he assumed was water, draped over her arm was a towel and a small washcloth. Her dress and cloak from earlier had changed to a simple, yet still defined, dress and her hair was pulled back in a bun. 

 

He couldn't help but stare at her as she walked in and the fear he felt lessened, by only a little bit. She still scared him, being the queen of demons and all. 

 

She waltzed over to his bed and set the basin down on the nightstand. 

 

"Gosh, today was such a tiring day." She sighed and wiped her forehead, "those idiots can never get anything right." Her eyes filled with pity as she looked on at his beaten and bruised appearance. 

 

"I specifically asked them to bring you here unharmed and now here you are looking like this." She sighed again and wet the washcloth in the basin and ringed it out, before gently dabbing his forehead with it. Her dainty hands worked smoothly as she wiped his sweat of his face and he watched her as her eyelashes swept her cheeks and her lips pursed in concentration. 

 

"Why are you doing this?" His hoarse voice broke the silence and her hands stopped. "Aren't you the queen of the demons?"

 

She put down the washcloth and replaced it with the towel, drying his face she spoke softly, "these demons expect me to be a fierce ruler. They want someone strong, tough and ruthless. These traits didn't come naturally to me I had to learn them from the previous ruler, my father. I studied under him for years and now those very traits are etched into my very being. What you saw out there was just another part of me." 

 

Yoongi listened and partly understood. With the way the Queen was now, didn't excuse the wrongs that she had committed, but she was intriguing and a small part of him wanted to stick around this place known as Hell.