Five

My Little Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TAO could not help it but curse Oh Sehun when he had the chance. Though he was excited about the twins, he just could not handle hormonal Luhan. He wished to pull his hair until it was bald but his hair was his pride. So, he kept it in until his soon to be born nephews arrive.

 

Tao was extremely nervous to know the identity of the twins while Luhan was surprisingly calm about it. It was Luhan who gave the reassurance to the latter, not the other round. Dr. Zhang or Lay smiled at the both of them.

 

His smile on his face grew wider as he observed the monitor screen of the ultrasound machine. He turned his head to the two cousins.

 

“Congratulations, gege. They are boys.”

 

Upon hearing the information, both cried out of happiness. Luhan cried the most while Tao trying his best to hold back his laughter. Earlier, it was the pregnant male’s calm façade. He was too nervous that he did not show it on his face. Thanking Lay, they both went home.

 

Tao sighed. That seemed ages ago. Now, his cousin was in his fifth month of pregnancy, only four months left until Tao can finally get out of his suffering. Although Luhan was indeed his most beloved cousin, the younger just wanted all of it to end.

 

During that length of time, Tao and Lay were the ones helping Luhan out to get through his pregnancy. Many challenges were being thrown towards them but it was worth it. Due to him being pregnant, Luhan became more emotionally unstable. The fact that he was carrying twins did not help his case at all. Tao had scars and claws mark to prove that.

 

When Luhan had one of his episodes, Tao had to hug him tight so he would not hurt himself and his babies. At times, the younger cousin would cry without him realizing as he saw the state Luhan in. Gone the cheerful and happy Luhan, replacing with the always tired Luhan.

 

Luckily, Lay was there to save the day, every time. The young doctor had grown fond towards the two cousins. Though it is not good for a doctor to establish a deep rapport with his patient, Lay decided to just go forward, not worrying about a thing.

 

Every time they went for Luhan’s appointment, he envied the two for their relationship and wanted to be a part it. The doctor was grateful that the hospital’s staffs were welcoming when he first arrived but he knew firsthand that they would treat him differently.

 

After all, Lay was the sole heir to the renowned hospital in China, Zhang Hospital. Due to his father, Dr. Zhang who continuously doing his best to improve the healthcare service for his country, his effort was not fruitless at all. On top of that, he did not care who his patient was. To him, they were his patients and it was his duty to help them.

 

One time, he saved the son of the president of China who got shot, without knowing who he was. Due to security reasons, the president never revealed his family members. So, Dr. Zhang who was truly devoted to his job did all he could and saved the president’s son.

 

He was at the brink of death and lost a lot of blood. However, thanks to the passionate doctor, the worst was unable to occur. The current president was grateful for what he did and rewarded him.

 

The news spread like crossfire. In a flash, Dr. Zhang was all over the news in whole China, including internationals. He who did a lot of good deeds was praised and respected. Many came forward to tell the story of his kindness he offered during their hard times. Despite that, he stayed humble.

 

One random day, Dr. Zhang who thought that he is married to someone was a ridiculous and absurd thought but to adopt a child out of the blue was a good, genius idea that he ever came up with. And that was how Lay got adopted by his adoptive father who clearly did not think it through.

 

Lay was the nickname given the orphanage’s director as he was nameless when she found him at her doorsteps in the middle of the night. He was touched when the doctor gave him the name Zhang Yixing. His father might be a little bit peculiar and too nice, but the young doctor loved his weird father with all his heart.

 

Before his departure, he knew there would be someone that might not like him. He was prepared for it though. Being raised by Dr. Zhang who did not care what others think, Lay was assured. There were few who disliked him but Lay did not want to correct them. After all, he was just a doctor who came from another country.

 

The meeting with both Luhan and Tao put his mind and heart at ease. Maybe because they were Chinese like him or maybe any other reason but nevertheless he liked being around them.

 

Tao was serving Chinese tea to Lay, who came to visit. The nice, comfortable silence that settled between the two of them was broken by the kind doctor.

 

“Tao,” he called out to the house’s owner.

 

“Yes, Yixing gege?”

 

Lay smiled at the endearment.

 

During the time they spent together, the younger had gotten comfortable around him, calling him with his real name. He noticed Tao was shy with strangers.

 

However, Lay was utterly amused at the sudden change of behavior when they grew closer. As an only child, adopted on top of that, growing up, he never had a sibling. But he did not mind though. With a father like Dr. Zhang, his life has never been dull.

 

Lay adored Tao and treated him like a little brother. He was never one to judge some

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter