Your partner for a night!

My Lover, CEO Kim [OFFICE ROMANCE]

I took a deep breath before slowly knocking the door twice.

 

"CEO Kim, can I come in?"

 

I twisted the knob after he answered from inside. He was sitting on the sofa while looking at his phone. So, I walked towards him and placed a cup of cappuccino on the coffee table in front of him. 

 

"Here is your coffee, CEO Kim."

 

"Thanks." 

 

I glanced at him. His eyes were still on the phone and I gathered my strength to speak out.

 

"CEO Kim, a-about just now, I-I'm very sorry! I didn't mean to-"

 

"It is just a small incident. Don't worry, I'm not going to fire you." He said coldly.

 

I stiffed. He didn't even look at me.

 

"N-Nae. Err, I'll leave first..."

 

I bowed my head and left the room.

Somehow, I felt offended by the way he responded to me. 

 

Does he hate me now?

What should I do?

 

My eyes welled with tears. Slowly, I walked to my place again.

................

 

The next day, I cleaned his office like always I did and he is still the same, busy with his works at his table. I stole glances at him many times, looking at how attractive he was right now!

It feels like time passed faster today. CEO Kim didn't ask any help from me like always, so I barely got to see his face except this morning. I let out a sigh and started to pack my things, getting ready to go home. 

Suddenly, CEO Kim came out of his room with a briefcase as the office hours had ended. Our eyes met and I quickly bowed my head. I made my way to the elevator, and so did he. Both of us standing there, waiting for the door to open, but it was so damn awkward as it was just the two of us here. 

The door opened and he stepped into the empty elevator while I just remain there, waiting for the next elevator. 

 

"What are you waiting for? Come in." He glared at me. 

 

"N-Nae." 

 

I stood next to him and the door closed. 

I glanced at him. He looks calm like always. Deep in my heart, I still feel that he is mad at me because of the past incident. I know that he hates such things.

 

"Yoon Yiseul-sshi.."

 

"Yes, CEO Kim?"

 

"Will.. Will you go out with me?" 

 

I froze. 

 

"No! I-I mean.. will you be my partner for tomorrow party? It's a formal party." 

 

He took out something from his blazer and handed it to me.

My eyes widen as it was an invitation card for a formal party organized by Daebak Group, a big company in Seoul! It's such a huge event!

 

"B-but I'm just your employee. I-I didn't deserve to go to such a big event like this..." I looked at him and returned the card.

 

"You're my secretary almost for a year, Yoon Yiseul. You know that I don't like to go to this kind of things, right?"

 

"Nae.." He had so many events in his schedules but he didn't attend them, except for big companies. He hates being in crowded and noisy place.

 

"But this is a big event. I can't refuse..." 

 

He looked deep into my eyes.

 

"... And I want you to be my partner for that night. Only you."

.................

 

The black lace dress that CEO Kim sent was perfectly my size. I dress up nicely for tonight since I'm going to meet many high-class people from many big companies. Moreover, I'm going to be CEO Kim's partner and that is my biggest concern.

My phone rang and it was CEO Kim, telling me that he was waiting in front of my house. I went out nervously and my heart was beating faster as I see the guy in a black tuxedo, standing outside the luxury black car. 

 

"A-Annyeonghaseyo, CEO Kim."

 

I bowed my head, and our eyes met. He looked at me from head to toe before his mouth stretched into a smile.

 

"Y-You look 'different' tonight." 

 

I smiled awkwardly. 

 

Can't he just say that I am 'beautiful' instead of 'different'?

CEO Kim is weird!

 

"Thank you for the dress. It's very beautiful..." I smiled before continued my words. "....and very expensive too." 

 

He chuckled. He invited me into the car and we left for the event tonight. 

 

We finally arrived at the wealthy building and my palms begin sweating. I bet my face is obviously telling that I'm damn nervous. 

 

"Are you nervous?" 

 

"CEO Kim, I'm sorry b-but.. I-I think I can't go with you! I really can't!" I feel like crying right now. 

 

"Relax, okay? I'm here with you. I'll look after you, Yiseul-sshi. Don't worry."

 

He held both of my shoulders while gazing into my eyes, trying to comfort me.

 

"B-But, what if someone asks me who I am? I'm no one compared to them. I'm just your secretary..."

 

My self-esteem dropped as I looked everyone who attends this event is high-class and rich people, not like me. 

 

"No one will ask you anything. Don't think too much. Just stick with me, always.." 

 

I looked into his brown eyes. He smiled.

 

"So, are you ready?" 

 

Slowly, I nodded.

 

Both of us went out of the car and walked towards the main entrance while linking arms. As we entered the hall, I was surprised to see how fancy the hall is. Ladies and gentlemen are nicely dressed in branded clothes and sparkling accessories. 

But then, I could hear all their whispers as we were walking past them. 

 

"It's CEO Kim." 

"Doesn't he looks like a prince charming?"

"He looks very handsome as always, but who is his partner?"

"Does she is someone from Daebak Group? I have never seen her before."

"Who is that beautiful lady? I'm so jealous of her."

 

My hands trembled as I feel like all eyes were staring at me. CEO Kim seemed to notice me, and he moved his mouth near to my ear.

 

"Everything is going to be fine. Now, smile." He whispered.

 

I glanced at him, and he looks calm as always. I took a deep breath and my lips stretched into a smile as my eyes met with some people around me. I just stick closely with CEO Kim as I'm afraid to be alone in this big event. 

 

"Kim Taehyung!" 

 

A handsome guy in a gray tuxedo walked towards us with a bright smile on his face. 

 

"Oh!  Jung Hoseok!" 

 

Both of them were excited to see each other. I just looked at them while standing beside CEO Kim.

 

"I thought that you are not coming.." Hoseok said.

 

CEO Kim chuckled.

 

Jung Hoseok has his eyes on me. Slowly, his lips stretched into a smirk. "So, who is this beautiful lady?" 

 

I glanced at CEO Kim, waiting for him to answer, but he gave me the sweetest smile that I never received from him. Suddenly, his left hand wrapped around my waist and pulled me closer to him. 

 

"She's my fiancee."

 

I felt like getting a heart attack when he said that, and my head drastically turned to him.

 

"Sweetheart, meet my friend, Jung Hoseok."

 

I gulped. 'Sweetheart?!'

 

"A-Annyeonghaseyo, Yoon Yiseul imnida."I smile awkwardly as we shake hands.

 

"Nae, annyeonghaseyo. Wow Taehyung-ah, I thought that you will never fall in love again since the day you broke up with Hyejin noona." 

 

I glanced at CEO Kim and I could see his face changed.

 

"I'm going to meet CEO Han now, so have a sweet time, both of you. It's nice meeting you here, Yoon Yiseul-sshi." 

 

"Okay."

 

Right after Jung Hoseoka far enough from us, CEO Kim slowly pulled his hand off from my waist. 

 

"I'm sorry, Yiseul-sshi. I just want to save you from a 'playboy' like him." He chuckled awkwardly.

 

"Ohh.." I nodded. My face still feels hot and I tried my best to look calm.

 

Am I the only one nervous?

CEO Kim looks calm as always.

I shouldn't  be hoping that he will fall for me as it seems like it will never happen.

Who is Hyejin? 

I wonder if they still contacted each other even after break up.

 

I just trailed behind CEO Kim whenever he meets with some people in the event. I smiled at his back whenever I got chances to steal a glance at him secretly, admiring his perfect face and his hidden sweet smile on his cold face. He seemed to enjoy talking with them. Sometimes he laughed and that was something that I can barely see. 

'I wish he could laugh with me too.'

My stomach suddenly makes a sound, so I decided to leave from CEO Kim's side and went to take some food that was served on the long table. After examining all the choices of food in front of me, I finally choose a small piece of strawberry cake and two slice kiwi fruit and put it on a plate. As I was enjoying it, someone called my name and I turned around.

 

"Oh, Jung Hoseok-sshi."

I smiled as he stood in front of me with two glasses of wine in his hands. 

 

"Why are you eating alone?" He teased.

 

I chuckled. 

 

"Would you like to have a drink with me then?" He offered me a glass of wine.

 

I felt guilty to refuse him since he is very nice to me though. "S-Sure." 

 

Before I could take a sip of the wine, suddenly someone took the glass from my hand and drank it in one shot.

 

"C-CEO Kim!" 

 

I was shocked to see him, so did Hoseok.

 

"Taehyung-ah, I thought that you can't drink alcohol, right?" 

 

"Really?" I was surprised to know the fact about him.

 

"Yeah, he gets drunk easily even with just a glass of alcohol." Hoseok chuckled.

 

I looked at CEO Kim. He looks so serious and I noticed he glared at Hoseok fiercely.

 

"I'm sorry Hoseok-ah, but I'm taking my fiancee with me." CEO Kim grabbed my hand and pulled me away to somewhere else, leaving his friend alone.

..................

 

CEO Kim finally lets go of my hand as we stopped outside of the hall. He turned his body, looking at me with a serious face. My heart beats.

 

"I don't like it." 

 

"H-Huh?" I frowned.

 

"I don't like you to get closer to him." 

 

I silenced for a while, trying to catch the meaning behind his words.

 

 Is he trying to protect me?

Or perhaps he is jealous?

But that's impossible!

 

"CEO Kim, your face is so red! A-Are you okay?" 

 

His ears and face are turning into bright red. He stumbled when he tried to walk back into the hall. I quickly held him before he could flop down.

 

"Uhh.." He blinked his eyes many times as his visual get blurry. 

 

"You're drunk! I'll ask your driver to take you home." 

 

"No~ I'm not~" 

 

I was still holding him with my left hand while another hand was speaking with the driver through the phone.

.................

 

"I'll get going now." 

 

I nodded and the driver left the house after he helped me sending CEO Kim safely in his room. My head turned towards the king size bed, looking at the guy who was sleeping soundly. He surely can't drink alcohol, I guess.

He was still in his black suit from the party. So, I slowly removed his blazer from his body, thinking that he might be uncomfortable sleeping in that condition. I hung it on the hanger from his closet and returned back to his side. 

 

"Uhhh~"

 

He moaned when I tried to lose his necktie. I did it gently as I can to not wake him up. I  ed the first two buttons of his shirt when suddenly he held my hand. 

His eyes slowly opened. I was startled and my heart begins to race.

 

"What are you doing?" He asked with a hoarse voice and his eyes gazed deeply into mine.

 

"I-I..." 

 

I was stammering when he suddenly pulled me and I fell on top of him with my head on his chest. I could hear his heart beating faster.

 

"CEO K-Kim-" 
 

"Stay with me tonight." 

 

My eyes wide opened and I quickly pushed myself from him. My forehead furrowed. 

 

"C-CEO Kim, you're drunk! I-I should leave now. Please have a good rest tonight. I'm leaving."

 

 I get off from the bed and before I could walk away, he grabbed my hand and pulled me again.

The strong pull turned my body and I flopped again onto the bed. The next thing I knew, he had slammed his lips to mine and nearly knocked all wind from my lungs. I hardly had a moment to react. It was a very sloppy kiss with the strong scent of wine being exchanged in the intermingling of our billowing breaths.  He placed his hand on my waist and drew me closer, deepening the kiss. I urged myself to push away, but couldn't. He was too strong.

I closed my eyes tightly as his lips pressing mine for a few seconds before it suddenly stopped. I used this chance to push myself from him. I was about to scold him when his sleeping face puts me in a pause. 

 

"What-"

 

I sighed.

 

"CEO Kim, why are you doing this to me?" 

 

Tears rolled down my cheeks as I was staring at his face. The way he kissed me had put me in a deep confusion. I love him so much but what about him? When will he realize my feeling towards him? Sometimes, he treats me like a special person but I don't know why I feel like he was just playing with my heart.

'What am I to him?'

The way he kissed me feels so real that makes me hated it so much. Actually, I am scared right now. I'm scared that I will fall deeply into him.

 

"You are so bad, CEO Kim.."

 

I wiped my tears.

 

"But still, I can't hate you no matter how hard I try.."

 

I quickly get off from the bed and left his house with eyes can't stop pouring tears.

 

-TO BE CONTINUED-