Heart beats!

My Lover, CEO Kim [OFFICE ROMANCE]

"Yiseul-sshi, please come to my room."

 

"Yes, CEO Kim!" 

 

The intercom ended and I quickly left my place which is just in front of his office and knocked the door twice. I opened the door as he answered me to come in.

 

 "What can I help you, CEO Kim?"

 

"Yiseul-sshi, can you arrange these files on that shelf for me? I have a lot of things to do." He asked without even looking at me.

 

"Nae."

 

I looked at his table. There was a bunch of files, and the documents are scattered on the other side of the table. I stole a glance at him. He was so serious with his work on the computer, but I found it attractive. 

He looks the most handsome when he is working! 

 

I quickly begin my work, bringing all the files to the shelf. It was quite heavy though. I slowly put it on the small table first, before arranging it one by one into the shelf according to the label. 

It was not that difficult to find the labels because I already used to this job. As his secretary, I have to make sure that everything in this office is clean and tidy, including planning his schedule wisely every day. 

 

"Is there anything else that you want me to do, CEO Kim?" I offered.

 

"That's all. You can go now."

 

"Nae." 

 

I was about to open the door when he suddenly thanked me.

 

"Thanks, Yiseul-sshi."

I turned around and my lips stretched into a smile. "You're welcome." Then, I walked out from the room, heading back to my table.

............

 

"Yah, is there any progress with you and CEO Kim?" Sunmi asked before she continued eating his meal. 

 

"Aniyo, nothing changes." I sighed.

 

"Why don't you confess to him already?" 

 

"Are you crazy? He will fire me if he knows that I like him! I don't want to lose my job." 

 

CEO Kim Taehyung, a cold-hearted young boss who cruelly fired anybody who falls for him. I heard that all his secretaries before me lost their job because they confessed to him. I don't know what makes he closed his heart to any woman. 

Unfortunately, I also have fallen for him. But I hide this feeling a secret from anybody for almost a year. It hurts me to have a one-sided love, but I am happy to be by his side every day. 

 

"I don't know why you still love him, although you know his heart will not change." Sunmi shook her head. 

"I'm such a fool, right?" I chuckled. 

 

I still remembered the first day I got my job to be his secretary. He scolded me almost every day for a month because I kept making mistakes. But as days passed, he doesn't complain anymore as I'm getting better at my job. 

I realized that I'm falling for him when I got to know his true self. He is actually kind and gentle, not like what the other workers thought. But when it goes to work, he is very strict and professional.

 

"The lunch hour almost ended. I need to go now." Sunmi said.

 

"Me too." 

 

"Let's walk together then." 

 

We work in the same building, but Sunmi is in the promotion department on the 4th floor while mine on the 9th floor.

 

"Wait, I should buy CEO Kim something to eat. He always skips his lunch." I said.

 

"You're taking care of him very well, Yiseul-ah." 

 

"I know." I chuckled.

...............

 

"Come in." 

 

I twisted the knob and slowly stepped in with a white plastic bag in my hand. Just like what I guessed, he is still working. 

 

"CEO Kim, I bought you a lunch. Here." I put it on his table. 

 

He stopped checking the documents in his hand and looked at the lunch set. 

 

"Thank you. I didn't realize that the lunch hour has passed." He chuckled.

 

"I always see that you didn't eat lunch. You should take care of your health too, CEO Kim."

 

"Are you worried about me?" He smirked.

 

I blushed. He stared into my eyes and I quickly looked away. My heart beats faster.

 

"E-Enjoy the food, CEO Kim. I'll get going now." I bowed my head and making my way out of the room.

 

What was that?

Did he just tease me?

.............

 

I arrived at the office early today and CEO Kim is not here yet, so I decided to clean his office before office hour starts. I walked into the room and start with arranging his things on the table nicely. Then, I cleaned the table with a cloth before moving to the sofa and coffee table in the corner of the room. 

I was about to leave when my eyes caught the books on the shelf not arrange properly. I pulled a chair and brought it close to the shelf. I carefully climbed it and tried to reach the book on top of the shelf, but it is higher than I thought. So, I tiptoed and finally, I could put the book in its place neatly.

 

"What are you doing?" 

 

I startled to see CEO Kim has already arrived with a briefcase in his hand. I didn't even realize when he came. 

 

"I just want- arggghh..!!!" 

 

I couldn't keep my balance and I closed my eyes tight as I can feel myself was falling down. But CEO Kim was faster. He threw his briefcase and managed to catch me and I fell into his arm. Both of us fell on the floor, but because of that, I accidentally kissed his lips. My heart beats crazily.

Quickly, I pushed myself and keep a distance from him who was still lying on the floor.

 

"I-I'm so sorry, CEO Kim!"

 

He froze on the floor, trying to analyze what just happened to both of us. Slowly, he sits up and glanced at me. 

 

"A-Are you hurt?" He stammered.

 

"N-No. CEO K-Kim, are you o-okay?" 

 

He nodded slowly. I helped him to stand up and bowed myself.

 

"I'm so sorry! I-I'll leave now!" 

 I ran out and closed the door. As I reached my place, I flopped down on my chair as my legs felt very weak. My heart still beating fast.

 

What was that?!

I just kissed him! Oh my God!

What should I do?!

How can I face him later?!

You're dead, Yoon Yiseul!