4/5

Just friends

Taekwoon was sitting in the waiting room crying his eyes out, he can't even imagine to live without hongbin. his whole lives revolved around a person and that was hongbin. hongbin's dad was trying to compose himself and taekwoon at the same time. hongbin's sisters were assuring their moms that nothing would happen to hongbin.. that he would be fine.. but they weren't even sure of their own words. 

They waited and waited for what felt like ages before lights of operation theatre turned green from red and doctors and nurses came out one by one. taekwoon stood abruptly and went towards the doctor.

 

"Dr.. hongbin.. ", taekwoon said with broken words.. not being able to even form a sentence due to fear. 

 

"We did our best but we are not sure whether we will be able to save him or not", Doctor sighed with mix emotions before telling taekwoon about hongbin.

Taekwoon was speechless so hongbin's mom interfered "what do you mean you aren't sure.. you are doctor you should know that" 

 

"please have patience. He is breathing so he is alive. but we aren't sure for how long he can breathe on machines. He is on machines right know we will have to wait and see if he will wake up or not. If he doesn't wake up and goes into coma instead we are afraid their will be no need to keep him on machines considering we have a lot of other patients. he is already in the best condition we could've imagined after that accident. He was actually really lucky that he didn't fell of the bridge, if he had fallen it would've been even tough to find his dead body. But don't worry he was lucky this far so we have hope he will make it. We can only wait now." doctor excused himself and went.

 

Their was silence and only silence. Hospital was busy.. patients were coming in out as usual. some with blood.. some already dead. it was hospital after all. this was common there. deaths were common there. 

 

"Don't think about anything else.. he made it this far he will be to do it. he will wake up. I know him, he won't leave me alone, he won't leave us alone. Doctor said he has been really lucky i am sure he will be lucky enough to wake up too. i believe in him.", taekwoon assured others along with assuring himself.

 

 just then a nurse came with papers. "hi. i just want you to fill these papers. These are just casual details about the patient. and i just wanted to ask whether a patient has a medical condition orallergies etc."

 

"He did have some breathing problems but they weren't serious" Mrs lee replied

 

"if you have the reports we would just like to see them.. just to be sure.. and it would save us a lot of time. we need to check patients all medical conditions before putting him on medication." nurse said. 

 

"yes sure. they are in hongbin's cupboard. we will go and get them", Mrs lee answered and nurse went

 

"i will go and get them. you should stay with hongbin." taekwoon suggested. they agreed so he sat in his car and drived towards hongbin's house.

 

 

 

 

Taekwoon hurriedly went towards cupboard to take the reports, he tried to open it but he couldn't. he then realised that the cupboard was locked. so, he called hongbin's mom to ask her about the keys.

 

"Hello, Mrs Lee! where are the keys, the cupboard is locked", Taekwoon asked breathlessly 

 

"I don't know, he never told me about them. Try searching his room", she replied worriedly

 

"okay.. don't worry, i will try to be quick", Taekwoon said while assuring Mrs Lee

 

He ended the phone call and put his phone back in his pocket.

 

He searched everywhere but couldn't find them anywhere. He was about to leave but his eyes went to hongbin's bed and he had a flashback of hongbin laying on bed and throwing cushions at him. He smiled while his eyes became teary. He was about to cry hard but stopped because he didn't have time for that. He snapped out of it and started thinking of where keys could be. Just then he thought of checking beneath the mattress. He lifted the mattress and luckily found them.

 

"finally!", he mumbled

 

He got up and went towards the cupboard. He inserted the key into the lock and twisted it, successfully unlocking it. He opened the cupboard and was quickly greeted by a box full of papers falling on his foot. Without a delay he looked into those papers and found the needed papers. He happily sighed. He got up on his feet and placed the box inside the cupboard. He was about to close the cupboard but his eyes went to photo frame of hongbin that was on the cupboards wall. He looked at it carefully and thoroughly. 

 

"You know, you are making me suffer a bit too much" Taekwoon said to the hongbin's picture after few minutes.

 

"You know... i am really good at taking revenge.. so it would be really bad for you if you made me suffer more." Taekwoon said while on verge of crying.

 

"I will take my revenge......... just... get well soon". Taekwoon said angry tone quickly changing into caring one.

 

He moved his hand forward and caressed hongbin's cheek, smile forming on his lips. Just when he was doing that he felt the wood wall of cupboard shaking a bit. He was quite shocked. So, he closely looked at cupboards inner wall and noticed there was another handle on the side. He opened it by sliding the door left. What came next shocked him. There was a door to a hidden room in front of him. He pulled himself together and curiously opened it. He then found himself into a big empty room with curtains in front of every wall. 

 

"what's with these curtains being everywhere", Takwoon was confused

 

He pulled the curtains up revealing a wall full of photo frames and posters. The wall was half filled with Park hyo shins posters and other half was filled by hongbin's favourite actors and actresses. 

 

"Of course park hyo shin..I am not surprised at all!"

"Oh.. Park seo joon.. Yoo jae suk.. Song hye kyo. I never knew he liked them" Taekwoon said after quickly going through pics.

 

He then moved to next wall and pulled the curtains up. The wall was filled with photographs Hongbin has taken himself. Photos of nature, wildlife, animals.. etc. Taekwoon was impressed by the quality of the photos. He knew hongbin liked photography but he didn't know he was this good at it.

 

"He is good. isn't he?", he said to himself still in awe. The beauty of photos was making him immersed in them. 

 

Third wall was full with pictures of his family and his childhood pictures. For a moment Taekwoon wondered whether his photo is there or not. He then found a picture of a hamster labelled "Taekwoon" & "Hamji". Taekwoon snorted cutely after looking at that.

 

"Wth? i told him thousands time that i am not a hamster!!! He definitely needs a lesson", He said acting as if he is angry but instead ended up smiling. 

 

"well.. i am happy to know he considers me as his family too." Taekwoon smiled.

 

He moved to the forth and final wall. Without a delay he pulled the curtains up. He looked at the first photo "Oh.. this is mine" He looked at second photo "Oh... this is mine too" he moved to the next "again". His eyes than randomly wandered around the wall. They were all his photos. He moved a bit back and whole wall was in his view. The wall was filled with his photos. He was shocked and confused, unable to comprehend the meaning of this.

 

After looking at each photo intensively for a while he realised that they were not just random photos of him. 

 

Now he was completely confused, and was wondering what is the reason behind this.

 

Flashback:

"Why are you making me try this?", Taekwoon asked hongbin again

 

"how many times do i have to tell you that?", hongbin replied

 

"but that doesn't make sense", Taekwoon argued

 

"What? it is just that yours and Ravi's taste are really similar and you have same height etc. so can't you just help me in shopping?."

 

" NO... you made me try watches last week. then shoes and now clothes. Now i am just waiting for the day you will make me wear a ring." Taekwoon said angrily, but it only came as childish.

 

"you are right. but not know. First clothes!! Now go", Hongbin ordered

 

"ugh... OK. but on one condition" Taekwoon said after thinking for a moment.

 

"and what is that?", hongbin said

 

"I want to see Ravi. I am your best friend but you haven't even showed me how he looks. So, Can we meet with him?", taekwoon said

 

"No.. uhm.... i mean he doesn't like to meet with strangers. He is how you were in past. so, meeting or socialising with people is a no no for him", hongbin said carefully after thinking for a while.

 

"Oh. i understand that. We can meet when he is comfortable. At least show me his pic. And please don't say you don't have a pic of your boyfriend in your mobile.", Taekwoon said not helping hongbin at all.

 

Hongbin panicked for a second. "What are you saying? i do have his pic", hongbin said confidently to taekwoon but was actually feeling really scared.

 

"Ok. Show me then.." Taekwoon said with a smirky face.

 

Hongbin looked into his photo gallery.. He didn't know what else to do so he just showed him pictures of his classmate named wonshik. 

 

" Happy?? But don't talk to him ever. He wants our relationship to be private. and i don't want him to know that i shared the secret with you." Hongbin lied.

 

Taekwoon agreed.

 

"This Ravi guy seems a bit suspicious" Taekwoon thought. He couldn't help but to think that maybe Ravi is just passing time with hongbin and is not really in love with him. Of course with the number of lies and excuses he heard from hongbin, he would think like that. But he led it slide for once. because Hongbin is a grown-up, he would know what he is doing.  

 

He went to changing room to try the clothes. He couldn't argue with hongbin anymore. because he was sure he will get smacked if he did. 

 

He came out of the changing room with a pure black shirt on and blue jeans looking more handsome than ever. hongbin heart stopped for a moment. He always found taekwoon good looking attractive but now it was more than ever. his feelings were much stronger. He was in awe until taekwoon waved his hand in front of hongbin, causing him to come to his senses.

 

"What happened?", taekwoon was confused.

 

"nothing. i was just imagining how he would look in them", hongbin said while giggling

 

"and how did he look?", taekwoon asked sarcastically

 

"b e a u t i f u l", hongbin said smoothly but with a lot of feelings in the word. 

 

Taekwoon snorted at him while weird feelings started to overcome his heart.

 

"ok. i am going to change back now.", taekwoon said turning around to leave but he was stopped by hongbin midway.

 

"now what?", taekwoon groaned

 

"well.. you know.. you are already dressed. so.. i wanted to take pictures of you. For my.. uh.. work related stuff.. ", hongbin said while giving a half-suppressed laugh.      

 

Taekwoon glared at him... wondering deep inside why he has to agree with the younger and do whatever he says even though he is the older one. 

 

"Whatever. but i am not going to pose." , taekwoon said clearly

 

"You don't have to." hongbin chuckled.

 

Taekwoon changed into his clothes after having an unknown photoshoot of himself. 

 

"i wanted it though", taekwoon mumbled but hongbin heard him

 

"what do you want?", hongbin asked 

 

"the shirt and the jeans.. its your fault. you keep on making me try them that i end up liking them", Taekwoon said while trying not to come as shameless.

 

"you can have it. i will take another one." hongbin said after laughing at taekwoon clumsiness 

 

"but there is only one" taekwoon said 

 

"its ok. i will give him another dress." hongbin said casually

 

"but.. you picked this for him", taekwoon said worriedly that he might have caused some problem

 

"Its ok. he wouldn't even know. unless you tell him -_- and if i think about it you looked quite good in it so you can have it. and you know its rare for you to look good. so go ahead. 

 

"well. thank you. but there was no need of sarcasm. i look good all the time. Without even trying" taekwoon said blatantly followed by making a blossoming flower pose making hongbin cringe.

 

They then went to the restaurant that was located on the ground floor of the shopping mall.

after ordering food they went and sat on a table.

 

"so, tell me more about this lover of yours", Taekwoon asked 

 

"about what??" hongbin asked

 

"anything or everything" Taekwoon said 

 

"well... he is beautiful." , hongbin said

 

"uhm.. is that it? is that the only reason you like him", taekwoon asked not sure what's so special about being beautiful.. he is beautiful too. 

 

"NOoo. You know me.. i don't like people only because of their appearances.", hongbin said in his defence

 

"he is beautiful when he speaks..when he walks.. when he comes out of shower..he just looks ethereal all the time. Him getting flustered over small things... his smile... his cute laugh.. when he plays with animals.. when he plays with babies.. he is perfect.. he is perfect all the time. when he walks towards me my heart beats like crazy.. i don't want to hear any voice other than him. when he talks to me he makes me feel wanted and loved.. more than anyone else. When he is with me it feels like his life revolves around me and just me... his lames jokes makes me laugh. His presence makes me happy. when he is around me it always feel like the best moment of my life. he always cares for me.. he pets me as if i am a kid or a pet. Even a slight physical contact with him makes my heart go insane. his slight touches make my heart full with happiness. i want to stay with him all the time. i want to wake up to him. i want to have breakfast with him. i want to eat lunch with him. i want to sleep with him. i want to be in his arms. I want to snuggle in his warm arms. i want to be with him 24/7........... which is of course not possible........ I just want to love him........ I love him." hongbin said, his eyes glistening more and more with every word as if they were real tears.. they were real tears. he started off to tell why he loves the latter but then completely lost control. he wanted to say much more.. a lot more.. because he wouldn't get any other opportunity to tell the latter what he means to him.. how much he loves him.. even if the latter doesn't know it's for him, just being able to tell and share his feelings with him was enough.. his heart was in ease. because he finally got to talk about his feelings with someone.. it was tough.. it was tough to not have anyone to talk about his feelings. it was hard to keep all of it in his heart only. 

 

The love in hongbin eyes and voice made taekwoon realise that this was real. and hongbin wasn't joking when he said he was in love. He never acknowledged but his heart stung. It actually made him jealous. The first time he saw this much love in hongbin eyes, more than he ever got, was for someone else.   

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Uhm.. Yeah there will be 1 or 2 more chapters. Lol. I keep on increasing its not even funny. I really didn't wanted to but i also didn't wanted you to wait more so i just updated what i wrote. This is 1/3 of what i planned to be final chapter. I will try to finish it in next chapter. 

 

I was rereading this and i cringed so hard at PSJ, YJS part.. Lol. I couldn't think of any other celebrities so i wrote my favs name instead. Its my wish to have a hidden room where i can keep everything that is dear to me. 2 full walls will be full of vixx for sure if not more. I am really sorry if i made you cringe idk even though i want to change it but i can't because i will still have to think of other celebs. Even i who know nothing about hospitals and doctors know that thats not how hospital works. But idk why i still wrote that. I am sorry once again. And also sorry for updating so late. I was just to late.  

---------------------------------

I am going on hiatus for 2 months (will be back by 1st july) because of exams. i don't want to but i have to. they will kick me out if i didn't do good. Sorry once again. Don't worry i will update in july. You will be able to see me reading fanfic in my breaks, because i can't control myself. See you soon.

---------------------------------

please comment. i like to read them.