Final

All You Had To Remember

You were having the most terrible day ever.

Your temper was out of control considering the fact that your boyfriend, Jihoon, has too many admirers looming around. Worse, you had found out that he had been secretly texting one of his recent admirers. 

Jihoon had never done this before and neither had his other admirers. Even if they liked Jihoon to a great extent, they never bothered him with their feelings. They always kept their distance, knowing that you two were in a relationship.

However, he had a recent admirer who was persistent in trying to get Jihoon to notice her. The bad part about it, the part you read in their conversation accidentally, made it seem that Jihoon wasn't trying to get her off him.

That happened when you were both hanging out in his house, just chilling out and watching movies. He left his phone on the sofa when he went to relieve him self in the comfort room. Just then, the continuous ping-ing of his phone made you curious who he was texting. You saw their conversation and became upset with how often they converse, knowing that the girl likes him and was being transparent about it.  After you read their conversation, you had stayed silent the whole time until you finally had to go home.

Jihoon, on the other hand, only seemed to notice that you were quiet the whole time after he drove you home, texting you to ask if there was anything wrong. But even when you received countless messages and calls from him, you ignored it all. Eventually he stopped, thinking that you weren't responding because you were busy or probably already asleep. 

Jihoon had only started noticing that you were avoiding him when you went ahead to school first and ignored him there. It was easy for you to avoid him, considering the fact that you weren't in the same class. 

---

It was lunch time but you refused to eat lunch at the canteen, knowing that Jihoon would be there. Instead, you roamed around the halls, getting a few snacks from the vending machines. As you turned a corner, you found Jihoon with his back towards you, seemingly having a conversation. You were about to walk away when your ears perked up from their conversation.

"If you don't like movies, then we could go to the arcade! Or maybe eat somewhere!"
You scoffed at the knowledge that he was talking to his admirer again and she was asking Jihoon out (forcing him to go out with her if you ask me). Jihoon was scratching his head, impatiently waiting for her to stop speaking so he could respond.
 
Your blood boiled at the fact that she was shameless. You were mad at Jihoon, that's for sure. But doesn't mean you weren't going to fight for him. You loved him afterall. You walked towards their direction with a fiery determination. You weren't going to let her get to him that easy.

"It's impossible for someone to dislike movies. Do you really not want to go to the movies with me? I'll pay everything!"

Your ears hurt from listening to her shrilly voice and you can't stand to hear more so you grabbed Jihoon's arm and pushed him aside, surprising him. He was surprised that you appeared, but more than that, he was relieved. 

"Excuse me. But my boyfriend isn't free. Not now, not ever. Specially to clingy girls like you who still hang around despite knowing he has a girlfriend." You crossed your arms and stared at her intimidatingly. 

She chuckled "So she's the girlfriend you're talking about?", her question directed towards Jihoon. She wasn't trying to be sarcastic at all. She spoke in such a bright voice, like she wasn't fazed, even the slightest bit, that the guy she's pursuing has a girlfriend. 

You blocked her view of him and answered in his place. "Yes. The one and only. It has come to my knowledge that you were texting him or rather pestering him. So I suggest you stop following him around and get someone who isn't taken."

"So what if he's taken? He's the guy I like and I will pursue him until he returns my feelings" she told you, crossing her arms as well. 

You snorted at her response. "Don't you get it? Relationships are for two people only. There's no space for you. And he will never return your feelings because I'm his girlfriend, the only girl he loves and will continue to love". You smirked proudly at what you said. You heard Jihoon snort in amusement, clearly glad that you were standing up for him. 

"Feelings can change. I can get him to like me back. Just you wait." she tried to challenge you but not really being convincing.

"Oh, how you wish, huh?" You clicked your tongue before continuing what you were saying. "I'm sorry but that will never happen. I'll be here to stay, and he'll be here for me to keep. So maybe if you could get lost and slither somewhere else, that'll be great.".

She didn't respond, her face turning sour.

You grabbed Jihoon by the arm to leave but not before saying your final words. "I don't want to ever see you around us again. I'm forbidding you from coming near him, talking to him or any other form of contact with him." 

You turned and tried to leave but Jihoon held you back. "Wait" he said.

You glared at him "What again?"

Instead of answering, he turned to look at the girl again. You could see her face light up with hope and expectation that was then shattered when Jihoon spoke. "You heard what she said. I hope you'll stop bothering me from now on." He paused, but only to hold and interlace your hands with his. 

"Please stop texting me and contacting me because it makes me uncomfortable."
He spoke without a hint of guilt in his voice. "I have a girlfriend, and we won't be breaking up anytime soon, not even ever. She's the only one for me" he said, gently smiling. Your heart fluttered at his words. He was too nice. Maybe he couldn't get rid of her that easily because of that. 

He finally turned to you, as you both left the girl behind. Maybe you shouldn't have been that mad at him and just asked him about it. Unfortunately, it was already time for your classes already and you couldn't talk to him about it.

He took you to your class, still holding your hand. He smiled softly before he proceeded to his own classroom.

---

After classes were over, you expected Jihoon to be waiting outside your classroom so you could ask him to eat outside. But when you didn't see him there, you decided to go alone instead.

'Where would he go though?' you thought as you walked towards the gates of your school. 

Your thoughts were interrupted when you were suddenly spun around, only to face a panting Jihoon.

"Please, please, please, stop avoiding me. It's killing me inside" he held your shoulders, speaking in between breaths. He composed his self before he continued speaking. 

"I'm sorry for not telling you that she was texting me. I was just scared that you might get mad. I'm sorry for not telling her off earlier… I just-- I didn't have the heart to turn her down when she was being so enthusiastic. I didn't know how to reject her without hurting her feelings. I only had the guts to do it when she started threatening you." He said, voice breaking in the middle of his sentences as he struggled to not let his emotions overwhelm him. Seeing how his eyes start to glisten, you cupped his face.

"I'm sorry too. I should've just talked to you about it instead of suddenly avoiding you. And it's okay, I know how difficult you find it when it comes to handling other people's feelings. Don't worry I forgive you. I wasn't even planning on avoiding you anymore" you chuckled as your eyes started watering as well.  He dropped his hands from your shoulders to your waist. 

He blinked his eyes innocently "I-I thought you were still avoiding me. I left for the comfort room before I went to your room but when I arrived you weren't there anymore. I looked for you everywhere.”

"You dummy, you could've texted me" you chuckled and hugged him tightly.

He hugged you as tight, his face nuzzling into your hair. "I didn't think of that" he squeaked in embarrassment. "God, I missed you even when you were only away for a day. Please tell me immediately if you're upset, I don't like it when you're away"

"I missed you too. I'm sorry, I'll do that next time." You replied, as you pulled away. "Let's go eat burgers. Don't you feel better when you eat?".

He chuckled and kissed your forehead "I do too, and for you I'll buy burgers forever as long it can make you happy" 

You smiled at him, feeling your heart warm up. You loved him and he loved you. That's all you had to remember