CHAPTER 6 - SECRETS

Toss Of A Coin

"Erm, I'll see you again?"

 

Daehyun smiled and held my face, "Of course. I'll check with YoungJae for any updates."

 

I couldn't help smiling, not because of YoungJae helping us but because Daehyun was holding me. I loved any contact with him.

 

He let me go and I turned to walk through the massive gates of my house. I turned back to Daehyun and waved to him.

 

He waved back and I giggled, he looked stunning just standing there.

 

"Areum ah!"

 

"Nae?"

 

"You look beautiful today."

 

My cheeks heated up, "Ah nae, komawo."

 

I half ran into the house. Did he just call me beautiful?

 

My butler opened the door just as I stepped onto the patio, "Hi Miss, your father and mother are waiting for you in the living room."

 

"Nae arasso."

 

I went in and turned around briefly, seeing the taxi pull away. I sighed and my butler closed the door. I leaned against the wall, still in a daze from what Daehyun said to me.

 

"Miss are you alright?"

 

I nodded and giggled, "I'm fine. Get me some fruits please. I'll need it when I talk to my parents."

 

He bowed and went in the direction of the kitchen. I walked up to the living room and my phone vibrated.

 

A text from Daehyun.

 

-Saw you get in safely. Hope you have a good talk with your parents.-

 

I grinned, what is it about him that makes me so light headed and happy? I went into the living room and my parents turned to me.

 

The aura settled in and it wasn't nice. "Appa, umma."

 

My father's face was disgruntled, I wondered what happened.

 

"I heard about yesterday."

 

I sat down, "Mianhe, I should have taken care of myself better."

 

"I heard you heard about a boy named Daehyun."

 

I raised an eyebrow at my father then turned to my mum, she shrunk into her seat.

 

"What's wrong? It's just a name I heard."

 

He stood up, "Well, if you hear about him again let me know, also, don't ever meet him."

 

"What's wrong with you both? I didn't even-"

 

"Do you understand me Areum?"

 

I bit my tongue to hold back the anger and tears that was building up so dangerously,

 

"Nae arasso."

 

I made my way back to my room but knocked into my butler.

 

"Ah mianhe."

 

"Miss, your fruits."

 

"Erm send it to my room."

 

I walked back to my room feeling my own fiery aura and it scared me for some reason. For me to get this angry at my parents over someone I have no memory of astounded me.

 

I dived into my huge bed and the sheets took me as one of theirs. I could finally relax.

 

I heard the sharp clink of the porcelain as my butler placed the plate on the table and I sat up to acknowledge him.

 

"Komawo. My parents don't seem that keen on fruits right now. I'll have them."

 

He smiled his old gentle smile and he felt like the grandfather I never had. He closed the door and stood by my dresser.

 

I then waved my hand to allow him to sit down on the soft cushiony chair.

 

I raised an eyebrow, "Is there something you want to speak to me about?"

 

He cleared his throat and smiled, "I've been with this family for almost as long as you were born. It seems like you have a memory you're missing?"

 

I gasped and stared at him, "You knew I lost my memory and didn't tell me?!"

 

"Before you misunderstand, it seems like you're finding things out yourself. Daehyun even sent you back home."

 

"What are you trying to-"

 

"I thought you deliberately didn't want to talk about the accident or Daehyun to me anymore hence I never mentioned it. I didn't want to hurt or traumatize you further. But after seeing the way your parents behaved today, it seems like they didn't want you to remember."

 

"W-What do you know about Daehyun and I?"

 

He smiled yet again, "I honestly don't know much other than the fact that you two were together against your parents' wishes."

 

"We were?"

 

"Yes, but you kept a lot of secrets yourself, you didn't want to tell me much. This is all I can share with you."

 

I sighed and my butler stood up to leave.

 

"Ah yes another thing."

 

I looked up at him and he tossed a shiny coin in my direction.

 

I caught it swiftly and looked at the beautiful silver coin, "What's this for?"

 

"No harm trying right? For the novelty of it."