CHAPTER 3 - FINDING YOU

Toss Of A Coin

When I woke up, I was back in my room. Feeling much better and well rested than the night before.

 

I groaned as I recalled what happened.

 

Daehyun, how do I know him?

 

My mother came into my room and gasped when she saw I was awake, "Areum ah, aigoo eodie apa? Neol kwenchana?"

 

"Umma, I'm fine."

 

She heaved a sigh of relief, "Yah, your father got the shock of his life when he saw you last night, I thought you wanted him to see you in your pretty dress?"

 

I smiled, "Mianhe."

 

She hugged me and I asked her, "Umma, do you know who Daehyun is?"

 

She froze and I pulled away from her, "Neol ara?"

 

"How do you know his name?"

 

I raised an eyebrow, she was acting weird, "Ani I heard it from somewhere."

 

"Where did you hear it from?"

 

"I just-"

 

My butler knocked on my door, "Areum shi, Bora is here to see you."

 

I looked at my mother's stunned face and held her shoulders, "Umma, I just heard someone calling his name at the party yesterday, I never heard of a Daehyun in our school before so I'm asking that's all."

 

She looked into my eyes, as if seeking the truth from them and she sighed, "Let Bora come in. Areum, if you ever see or hear Daehyun again, let me know, arasso?"

 

I raised an eyebrow and she stared at me intently.

 

"Nae ara."

 

Bora crashed into my room and my mum left.

 

My best friend hugged me and I smiled, "Did I ruin it for you yesterday?"

 

She laughed and showed me her phone, she was texting HimChan.

 

I gasped, "You got his number?!"

 

She giggled and nodded, "That's not the only number I got yesterday."

 

She scrolled through her contact list and showed her phone to me, "YoungJae and-" I stared, "Daehyun?"

 

She nodded triumphantly and I quickly whispered to her, "Yah Bora, my mum acted really weird when I asked her if she knew a Daehyun in our school. She was close to freaking out."

 

"Geurae? Hmm wonder why. Anyway, I gave YoungJae your number and mine too, just to check on one another if you're okay. I told him to give your number to Daehyun too."

 

I nodded thankfully.

 

She folded her arms, "Yah, what's up with you two anyway? You know one another?"

 

"He's the guy from the fountain."

 

"Bwoh?!"

 

I covered and shushed her, "My mum doesn't seem fond of me talking about him. Do you think my parents are hiding something from me?"

 

She took my hand away from and she smirked evilly, "Only one way to find out." 

 

#

 

"Umma, I'm going out with Bora to the mall."

 

"Arasso, not too late!"

 

We went out and Bora had to drive because I needed to call Daehyun. I dialed his number and my hands shook a little, funny how I wanted to hear his voice.

 

"Yeoboseyo?"

 

"Daehyun shi."

 

"Who is this- Areum?"

 

"Nae, are you feeling better?"

 

"Yeah I'm better now. How about you?"

 

"Nan kwenchana, I just wanted to ask you if you can meet up with me."

 

Bora nudged me and I corrected myself, "I mean us, Bora is here too. You can bring YoungJae if you want to."

 

"Where are we meeting?"

 

"At K Mall."

 

"I'll see you," he hung up and Bora cleared , "Are they okay?"

 

I nodded, my heart couldn't seem to settle down. I was so excited yet unsure about meeting him.

 

What should I ask? Does he feel the way I do? Why did my mum react that way?

 

"Bora promise me."

 

"Yeah what?"

 

"Don't tell my parents about this."

 

"You have my word."